Best and worst VM video - Which video you like and dont ...and why

Anything goes...
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

I think most in here have seen all her videos and that we have a nice cultural diversity too.

Might be interesting to see which of her videos were favored and which were not.

Personally, my favorite is "Violin Fantasy" even thought it is short film and not a video.

Why do i like that one so mutch you will ask ? (even if no one care i ll tell :) )

Well, I think its a beautiful showcase of of technical skills on a violin, her pure classical work and cross over music. She is stunningly beautiful in it. And it seems to present a more human side of her.

Should anyone twist my arm to get me to tell which REAL video I prefer, I d have to go with "I m a Doun".

As for which video I think is her worst. Well ... I realy cant stand "Devils Trill".

What is wrong with it you'll ask ?

I think the theme of the video is WAY off with the song, she looks ridiculous in her cowboy outfit and dont get me started on the violin surfing...

As a mather of fact, "Devils trill" is the only video I dont like... But just to be safe I ll go hide under a rock to avoid lapidation :spank:

Atre.
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Wow! Great Topic Item:

Favoured:
I'll need to think on that. I think I'd say "Toccata & Fugue"
Though not my favourite "Violin Fantasy" is wonderful.

Not Favoured: "Devils Trill" followed closely by "Classical Gas - Reggae"

I hope this topic does not turn into a discussion why one persons selections are wrong.
Glenn
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Favorite:

Classical 1 EPK. I like the clips and the images.
If a non-EPK is to be chosen, I'd say I'm A Doun ... because of the dress, plus I'm A Doun plays in the background of the EPK.

Least Favorite:

I Feel Love. Also my least favorite popular VM tune. I like the Donna Summer original, and would dislike any other artist's remake of the song.

I agree that the cowboy hat is misplaced. Perhaps leather would have been a better contradiction to the dress. Can I get anyone started on the fact that Violin Fantasy plays in the crystal ball of Devils Trill (er, I mean I think that it does).

I didn't like Classical Gas Reggae until I say the video. Side note to add even more discussion: Can one compare VM performing reggae and Ayumi performing Rap?
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

best: I'm a-doun. because the story in the video is interesting.

worst classical gas. vanessa-mae doesn't look good in raggae outfit. :hypnotized:
jintan

Post by jintan »

I like Reflection best for its rich colours and wonderful animations. Also VM appeared very calm, composed, and much at peace with herself in the video. White Bird would be my least preferred choice because her movements in the cage were monotonous.
I saw Classical 1 EPK once and really like it very much. I hope to download the video if there is an opportunity. Glenn, could you help on this, please?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Very interesting!!! I remember that we had a topic like this in the former forum about 1 year ago also.

I will restrict myself to Vanessa-Mae's official music videos. So I exclude the CA 1 EPK, the Red Hot Tour and Storm on World Tour movies, Violin Fantasy, Making of the Siemens Ad, STC footage and many more.

I like all her vids very much but I will provide a few comments in an ordfer that shows something about my preferences.

1 I am A Doun:
For uniting the mood of the music with the setting of the video, portrayed in a surrounding of an ancient room with an absolutley gorgeous Vanessa-Mae wearing one of her most beautiful dresses and her exceptional nice heavy make-up.

2 Happy Valley:
For bringing together the spectacular music of happiness, joy and optimism into a setting that shows our Vanessa-Mae adequately as a real cosmopolitan woman. For Vanessa-Mae's wonderful red dress and her gorgeous extremely heavy make-up. One big compliment for Debbie Cronin, who was responsible for Vanessa-Mae's face and make-up at that time.

3 Red Hot
For the very original setting and all the nice stories told in the clip (See Vanessa-Mae's comments in the Red Hot documentary)

4 Storm
For the spectacular music and the lively surrounding, but mostly because of the funny wink towards her critics

5 Art of War (Mercedes commercial)
For bringing spectacular lively music adequately together with the modern process of production and with the speed of a car.

6&7 Tocata&Fugue and Classical Gas Reggea
For the joy that the youthly Vanessa-Mae is showing in these videos.

8 White Bird
For translating the autobiographycal hints in the song into images

9 Reflection
For the relaxing power of music and images

10&11&12 Destiny, Devill's Trill and I Feel Love
For the speed of the music and the movies
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

My Favorite.

Has to be "Reflection", It has gorgeous photography/animation
and has jintan says "rich colours" yes wonderful rich colours.
I also love the beautiful moods that Vanessa-Mae puts into it.

Vanessa-mae's overall beauty seems to be brought out in this
video, which truely (I think)matches the music and the graphics.
I just love it especially 12 & 40 sec's into the video.
WoW! so sexy and gorgeous.

This is followed extremely close by "Red hot".
Once again stunning colours, and a wonderful beauty of a young
innocent Vanessa-Mae.
I adore that Cherry Red Dress and the matching make-up that she is wearing.
This video is Truely "Red Hot"
Also excellent to have on your car stereo when driving along a
fast open road

Least Favorite.
"Devils Trill" Reason?
See Atreides post.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Anyone has any idea where Classical Gaz raggae comes from? I never heard that version of the song on any of her CDs, well , at least on those she released in north america.

It just seems weird to me that they would produce a video based on a version of the song that was never released.

Atre.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Now in the UK it seems to be the opposite.
I have the CD single of the Classical Gas reggae version, but I can't
find the CD single of the album version.

Must add:
Classicle Gas is great on the car stereo with the vol' up full
whilst driving down a main high street or residential road :cool:
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Classical Gas Reggea version was released as cd single and on the 'Alternative Record' in 1996.
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Hummm ... neither of these seem to be available out here... how unfair :bcry:

Guess i ll have to resort to ebay or very expensive importation.

Atre
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Classical Gas - Raggae is also a bonus track on the German release of
the Violin Player. I believe this is still available.

BTW: Remember this topic is about favourite & least favourite Vanessa-Mae Videos.
Glenn
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Glenn is correct. This version of The Violin Player is available in the Netherlands too.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Sorry Glenn :(

Look on the bright side.
At least we aren't fighting :spank:

I Like Cassical Gas I think that Vanessa-Mae has done a great
job of creating a crossover between Classical and Reggae.
and why not just look at what she has done for the pop world.

Besides I love Vanessa Mae and I like Aswad, The best and biggest
Reggae group to come out of the Midlands (UK)
followed closely by UB40.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
ENCORE!

Post by ENCORE! »

My fav it's surely I'm A Doun...because it fits perfectly to the song and capoeira it's stunning! My least fav...I don't know..I think that I Feel Love's awful...
One comment on the "cowboy" outfit: I think Vanessa looked very sexy and Dark, almost cursed (and this fits with the Devil's Trill)