Vanessa-Mae on German television ARD on June 16th

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae on German television ARD on June 16th

Post by Xanthippe »

This evening, German television channel 1 ARD broadcasted a show program dealing with the best hits of the past 50 years in Germany.

Vanessa-Mae is seen as one of the most successful instumentalists of this period.

Vanessa-Mae appeared in the show and played 'The Havana Slide' from her album 'Choreography' on acoustic violin.

Vanessa-Mae looked fabulous and awesome as always. She was wearing a pink short dress and a strapless top in the same colour, she had open shoes with very high heels. Her wonderful long black hair was tied in a ponytail to her back. Vanessa-Mae was made up with impeccable foundation, lots of black mascara and shadow in dark purple on her eyelids in various grades to light pink almost up to her eye brows.

Our Noodles Vanessa-Mae looked absolutely superb.

I taped the show and will make the video available this weekend
amQhr
VMF Elite

C014 Havanna Slide

Post by amQhr »

Mops-Speed! I have the show under C014 on my new DVD-Recorder in the best quality I'd ever had. mpg-Format could not be the realtime but good quality. Cliff Richard is one of my long lost shadows "Don't it make you feel good".
It's rel good to see some News from Choreographie.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Thanks amQhr. Ill download the video tonight. :D
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Anybody notice that she changed the fittings on her violin?

It used to be all boxwood, now it looks like the tailpiece/pegs are made of ebony. I wonder what prompted her to change the fittings ...

Small detail I know, but interesting nonetheless. I actually found the boxwood fittings nicer, since they match the color of the violin cmpared to the black color of the pegs/tailpiece.
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Thanks AmQhr for the wonderfull video!
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Indeed thanks amQhr. I will convert my video to digital but I am not sure whether I can match the same quality. We will see.

Interesting point indeed about the fittings of Vanessa-Mae's violin and you're right. Look at some of my photos of Vanessa-Mae's concerts in London (October 2004) and Drsden (February 2005) and you will clearly recognaise that she used others there that matched the colour of her violin indeed.

We can only guess what prompted Vanessa-Mae to these changes.

Here is suggestion that I can come up with. Maybe these new fittings keep the tuning of the strings more tighter and this may be an issue underneath the heat of the studio lights.

Just a guess?? Any other ideas?

BTW, I really like Vanessa-Mae's pink dress there: it suits her well and in combination with the purple-to-pink used in her eye make-up makes her looks fabulous!

I have two other photos that were made 2003 and that show Vanessa-Mae wearing this very nice dress too. I'll make these photos available on my website this weekend.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Ok, the photos that I mentioned are now available on my website at:

photos of Vanessa-Mae collection

I started a new series 23 with photos of Vanessa-Mae taken in the years 2002 and 2003. Take a look, there are some very nice ones tjat you have never seen before. Just scroll down the page to find the series 23.

Below are thumbnail of Vanessa-Mae in the same pink dress as during the recent German television show:

Just go to my website to see larger images by clicking the thumbnails there.
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Rijko,
You love the outfit of Vanessa, but how about the guy next to her, with the expensive business suit and the terrible sport shoes, which does'nt fit to this outfit? Don't tell me that this is her boyfriend!
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Sure Gerrit, that is Lionel, Vanessa-Mae's boyfriend.

I agree, I too would never wear sport shoes with such an outfit.

Anyway, Vanessa-Mae looks superb as always.
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Ah, VM needs to take Lionel shoe shopping. Although his tie does match the dress. Very nice.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I agree with aventine! The tie of Lionel fits the colour of our girls dress very nicely.

They form a wonderful couple there. No doubt this must be the result of Vanessa-Mae's eye and attention for details.

Anyway, then why these shoes. Maybe Lionel had feet problems at that time or an injury????

Or maybe, Lionel just feels comfortable in these kind of shoes and our Vanessa-Mae just has to accept that.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

I heard someone from the audience yelled 'booo!!!' @ 3:35/3:36. :shock:
foreverred

Post by foreverred »

I'll have to say again - she's incredibly talented, but I wish she wouldn't mime on every television talkshow appearance she does. Her violin wasn't mic'ed or even plugged in. I know she can do it live... I've seen it. I wonder why she continues not to in some cases. *sigh*