Trying to identify the melody

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

death_ghast

Trying to identify the melody

Post by death_ghast »

Hi,
I am searching for a song by a black hip-hop-er that
is a little fat and always smiling (like Mase) and
Vanessa Mae.
In the video they both appear,Vanessa is offering the
background music and he is with the lyrics. In the
video the black guy has dancers around him all the
time and they look very similar to the ones in the No
Diggity video from Blackstreet.
This song is older than 4-5 years ... and i really
can't find it anywhere (i don't know the name of the
song or the black artist)...any help would be
appreciated. :). It was popular on MTV at some
point...briefly.

Thanks,
Alex
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

I thinking of Classical Gas but its video does not resemble the 1996 No Diggity music video of Blackstreet. :?:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Ot perhaps, 'I Still Can Hear Your Voice' by Vanessa-Mae and JD. I've seen them once in a German television show: JD smiles a lot but is not fat, there were dancers indeed, moreover JD is not real black I think.

Besides this one and eva's suggestion, I can't think of anything else.
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

I watch a lot of videos, but can't remember one like you're talking about. Now you've got me curious. I'll think about it and see if I can come up with something.

Brett
death_ghast

Post by death_ghast »

Well guys ... you are supposed to know this melody :roll: ... i only saw it about 5 times and it cached my eyes and ears...apparently not enough in order to remember it's name :p.

So noone else that may come with any info on this?
BTW....it's not the one with JD nor Classical Gas ... because before asking i did my homework and i searched like mad...this is my last resort...asking on forums :)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae appeared in television shows a couple of times where she played with bands like 'The Scorpions and the Back Street Boys.

I never heard of this one, though.

Are you sure it was Vanessa-Mae?
foreverred

Post by foreverred »

Rijko Ebens wrote:Ot perhaps, 'I Still Can Hear Your Voice' by Vanessa-Mae and JD. I've seen them once in a German television show: JD smiles a lot but is not fat, there were dancers indeed, moreover JD is not real black I think.

Besides this one and eva's suggestion, I can't think of anything else.
JD is not black at all, actually, and he has a beautiful voice. I can't stop listening "I Still Can Hear Your Voice." The choir part, the orchestral part... so awesome. Next time they do a video for this, they should do it totally live.
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Maybe a geographical referance would help ... which MTV ? USA , Canada, france , england , germany , polland , norway ... ... ... ???

I cant remeber anything like what you discribe ... its a stomper ... The only songs with black dancer I can think of are "Classical Gas" , "I'm a doun" and "destiny".

There are also a few other less known video like the *Takuro??* thing (Japanise pop video), the Backstreet boys, scorpion and a few other gig but nothing that come close to your description.

Atre.

P.S. Rijko that dont have a VM video !!! .... he is probly going balistic searching for it by now .... :P .... J/K ....