ABC Good Morning America Weekend

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

ABC Good Morning America Weekend

Post by Xanthippe »

In her reply to our bday presents, Vanessa-Mae told us that ABC Good Morning America Weekend was filming an extensive interview with her.

This week, an employee of ABC News Good Morning America Weekend contacted me with a few questions regarding photos that I have on my website that show Vanessa-Mae with her mother because they were preparing a topic on her. Most of these photos are part of scans of articles that appeared in newspapers and magazines.

Of course, I helped in answering his questions.

Today, I found this article on the ABC website:

The Burden Of Young Musical Geniuses

I asked the ABC employee whether he could inform me if the interview would be broadcasted and if yes when that would be and if it would be possible to provide me with the interview on DVD.

Moreover, I asked him whehter he could inform me on the availability on DVD of two appearances of our Vanessa-Mae in the Good Morning America television show.

We have one video of Vanessa-Mae's visit to the show in November 1997. It is the show with Vanessa-Mae wearing her silk Chinese style long sleeved blouse over tight black leather pants and she has black boots. She sings and plays 'I Am A Doun.' The video is on bijsterg's server.

During the interview, Vanessa-Mae tells the host that she visitied the show earlier shortly before in September.

I was wondering, did anyone see this first appearance of Vanessa-Mae?

The ABC employee reffered me to another person who might be able to help me. I contacted him already but have not heard back yet.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

The ABC page that I showed above has a link to the video now. The article is a transcription of the video.

Vanessa-Mae is in the video talking about the burden being a child prodigy and her relation with her mother. The are some brief shots from an early performance playing 'Scottish Fantasy' before she became famous.

During the interview, Vanessa-Mae wears a V-necked red T-shirt. Her face is nicely made up.

She looks great and healthy to me.

Is anyone able to download the video?????
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Sorry Rijko, but I can't find this article and the video with the link you mentioned.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Once again, this is the link:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1306492
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Thanks Rijko, this time it worked fine and I could watch the video. However, it seems to be impossible to save the file on disk! Does anyone else know how to save the file?

By the way: This is a real young Vanessa! I have never seen a video of her before at this age. Acoording to the article, she must have been 9 years old or something like that.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae was 10 years old at he debut live performance with a symphony orchestra. I assume that will be her age at the time of that performance shown in the ABC video.

Vanessa-Mae said that they filmed an extensive interview with her in London. Looking at this video, ABC only used a smal part of it.
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Indeed, a very small part. When I watched the video, I thought I started the wrong one, as only the last part was dedicated to Vanessa.

Will you receive a copy of the original tape, Rijko?
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I haven't heard back form ABC on the tapes yet. I'll wait another few days and then mail them again.

The difference between our Vanessa-Mae and Samuel Johnson is markedly. Samuel discontinued his career because he could'n face the presure and discipline. I hope he made the right choice and that he is happy with his life now.

I really think he derserves respect for daring to make this decision. Our Vanessa-Mae could cope with the pressure but managed to take her matters in her own hands and she determines the pace of her career now herself.

For that, we should admire her and respect the choices she made too. Vanessa-Mae has a stable life now and she is happy with it and with Lionel.
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

I was out on "holiday" (as you in Europe say) this weekend. After getting back I discovered from the Good Morning America link that the segment with Vanessa-Mae's interview had already been broadcast on Sunday the 13th. These news organizations work very fast. I thought I might still have had a week left before the broadcast so I could tape it. No luck :cry:

I called ABC today to inquire about obtaining a DVD of the 4 1/2 minute segment. (V-M is only the last 1 1/2 min.) I got a recording saying where to send a check with information as to the title of the segment and air date. However, they wanted $80US for a segment or $100US for the entire show on "video cassette". (possibly the recording is outdated and they really do have DVD's available) :x I love Vanessa-Mae as much as any fan, but that price is too much...the wife would have a fit :lol:

The telephone number is in the US at 212-456-5900 if someone else is interested in ordering their very own copy.
New Blue Eyes, V-M's #1 USA fan!
BrightStrings

Post by BrightStrings »

My brother who got up early could watch this program but he didnt tape it.