Best of enhanced cd - extra picture booklet

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

daisyhill wrote:This is a Taiwan promo of the cd:
http://www.buyee.com/star/starfans/1620/index.htm
Nice flash image with the promo that you found, Daisy. :)
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

Nice find Daisy! Thanx
Gatis
daisyhill
VMF Reg

Post by daisyhill »

If you have the cd already, you might want a poster from
http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/santana/9 ... stmae.html
changing worlds
Site Admin

I think I'd rather have an 8" x 10" instead.

Anyway, Daisy, can you tell us what the Chinese words are on this poster? I know that the inside letters are her name.
daisyhill
VMF Reg

Post by daisyhill »

Oh, this is cute. They have made a very smart use of her name Chen Mei (as in Mandarin). The first character "pronounced in Mandarin as Liang", means "Nice". The last character (pronounced as Jing), means "Scene" or "Sight" Now, The Mei in her name means beautiful in Chinese. The Chen (in Mandarin) happens to have the same pronunciation as another Chinese word which means "Moment". So, the whole phrase is Nice Moment, Beautiful Sights :;):
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Hi All,

Received the enhanced CD this morning - thanks Rijko for the link.

I'll scan in the pictures from the booklet and upload to the yahoo group later this morning.

There are only a couple of pages that contain new pictures of VM - most of them are ones that we have all seen before from the Storm Tour brochure and from the STC promotion.

Regards,

Lorjou.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Lorjou wrote:Hi All,

Received the enhanced CD this morning - thanks Rijko for the link.

I'll scan in the pictures from the booklet and upload to the yahoo group later this morning.

There are only a couple of pages that contain new pictures of VM - most of them are ones that we have all seen before from the Storm Tour brochure and from the STC promotion.

Regards,

Lorjou.
Hi Lorjou,

Great news, and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. By the way, did you get my private message?

Let me know ..

--Benjamin
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Hi Benji - good to see have you back!

hmmm - I keep getting an error when I try to upload the first two to the Yahoo group that I have scanned. Can anyone host for me?

So far I've only scanned two & not great quality as I'm rushing to get to work! Will do the rest / better quality later today.
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Hi Again Benji - sorry didn't read your post properly - I received the little thing telling me that I had a private message but when I opened it nothing there but spurious characters! try again or send me an email.

Regards,

Lorjou.
changing worlds
Site Admin

For a limited time (real limited if Rijko objects to my doing this!), I am placing a ZIP file of Rijko's Best Of Vanessa-Mae scans on my web space.

Here is the file.
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Thanks Joe,

However, the pictures I have are from the special edition booklet which has a few more than in the enhanced sleeve-booklet that Rijko has scanned. (see following link for thumbnails
http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/santana/9 ... samae.html

I have scanned them but cannot upload them onto the yahoo group.

If anyone has space I'd be happy to email / upload.

Regards,

Lorjou.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

H Joe,

The scans that I mailed you are from the booklet of the regular edition of the 'Best of Vanessa-Mae' cd. I also ordered the limited special edition, just like Lorjou did. Unfortunately, I haven't received it yet.

BTW, I have no problems about you putting the scans up to your website.
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

joe_mate, is the limited time for that zip file over?
i tried and the file wasnt there, btw how big is the file?
i might have somewhere that it can be uploaded 2 for a little while
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
changing worlds
Site Admin

Sorry about that. I was trying to make room for other files (I only have about 25MB total). I'll see if I can upload it in about 12 hours. If so, I'll PM you. It's about 3MB total, I think.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I just received the 'Best of Vanessa-Mae' enhanced limited edition. The photo album is really nice. We have almost all pictures already, but the special setting of the album makes it worth having.

There is one page which has 20 small close-up pictures of Vanessa-Mae ranging from a little girl to the grown-up as we know her today. We know all these pictures but the collection together is very funny.

There are also several small pictures of Vanessa-Mae posing on which she is having an extremely heavy make-up, espacially around her eyes. It looks nice for those psecial occasions.

Also, a series of 3 'white bird' pictures. She looks absolutely great on these three pictures. Her face is made-up very smooth and elegantly: I like it a lot it; she looks so perfect. However, I would prefer it if these photos would never had been taken. I am not angry on her anymore because of these pictures.