Where is she?

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Saqibbakht

Where is she?

Post by Saqibbakht »

Does anybody know where she is?

I've been waiting for new material from bond and VM, but both seemed to have disappeared. Is she still with Sony? What happened to the album that was supposed to be released this summer? Has she quit after becoming the richest entertainer under 30? :lol:
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

Good questions, Saqibbakht. If she's not still with Sony I don't blame her after the Choreography CD was to be released in the USA in spring 2005, then went the way of Subject to Change, never reaching Stateside stores. And what about the autobiography we've waited for mucho years? :?:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

As far as we know, Vanessa-Mae is working on a new album but no release date has been scheduled yet.

The release of Choreography in the Stated was originally planned for early 2005. I have no idea whay made Sony and Vanessa-Mae change plans in this respect.

Vanessa-Mae placed her autobiography on hold for the time being. She is still working on the book, but gives it no too much priority right now. Afterall, she is still under 30, not quite an age for prioritizing your autobiography. Moreover, the book can only become more interesting if she takes the time for it, imo!
Saqibbakht

Post by Saqibbakht »

Here is a list of previous albums:

Violin player (1995)
Storm (1998)
STC (2001)
Choreography (2004)

(I have a decent memory :D )

looks like there's a 3 year gap between all her pop album, so i'm guessing the next will be 2007.

It's just ashame that the official site is so crap at informing fans
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

In the menatime there were the following too:

Classical Album 1 (1996)
China Girl (1997 USA; 1998 Europe)
Original Four Seasons (1998)

I don't think we should focus on a 3 year gap between pop albums. Besides, is Choreography pop, or more (modern) contemporary classical music?
Saqibbakht wrote:Here is a list of previous albums:

Violin player (1995)
Storm (1998)
STC (2001)
Choreography (2004)

(I have a decent memory :D )

looks like there's a 3 year gap between all her pop album, so i'm guessing the next will be 2007.

It's just ashame that the official site is so crap at informing fans
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

I guess the important thing, Rijko, is that it is in the works or on hold. We V-M fans do have long memories!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi bloviate

I think that in 2000-2001, Vanessa-Mae worked on the book with a solid idea that it should be released in 2002. Now, she has put a scheduled release on hold and probable works on the book when it suits her. She has no time frame anymore for finishing it, I guess.

As her fans, we are all looking forward to Vanessa-Mae's autobiography. I would really like to read the story of her life in her own words; I can hardly wait for the book to be published.