Storm On World Tour Movie - the additional material

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Storm On World Tour Movie - the additional material

Post by Xanthippe »

We know the Storm On World Tour movie to have the following track listing:

- Storm (Dubai)
- I Feel Love (Dubai)
- Poet's quest (Dubai)
- Part of Vivaldi's 'The Four Season (Buckingham Palace, London)
- Part of 'Butterfly Lovers Violin Concerto (Buckingham Palace, London)
- Aurora (Beijing)
- (I) Can, Can (You) (Shanghai)
- Bach Street Prelude (Dubai)
- Hocus Pocus (Moscow, Kremlin Palace)
- Retro (Moscow, Kremlin Palace)
- Leyanda (Moscow, Kremlin Palace)
- I Am A Doun (Shanghai Stadium)
- Happy Valley (Dubai, London Leicester Square, Hong Kong horse race stadium, Moscow Kremlin Palace)

I wrote an extensive reveiw on the movie thatis available at my website, see

Storm On world Tour review

Early this year, I was contacted by a fan from Australia who requested a few videoa that I had in exchange for a 2 DVD's with high resolution version of The Classical Concert in Berlin and a version of The Storm On World Tour movie that had 3 additional tracks with respect to the version that I reveiwed on my website.

Of course I agreed to exchange the materials.

The additional material comes between Retro and Leyenda and consists of the following tracks:

The Blessed Spirits (Dubai, Beijing, Moscow)
Toccata & Fugue (Mosow, Beijing)
Red Hot (Moscow, Scences Red Hot Tour, New York with yellow cab, Beijing)

I will tell more later this weekend and I will bring this extra material into the review on my website.
Last edited by Xanthippe on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSam
VMF Reg

Re: Storm On World Tour Movie - the additional material

Post by MSam »

Rijko Ebens wrote: Did anyone know that Th
I think I want to know what you were about to say!

I'd love to see the whole Storm on World Tour. I've seen parts of it on YouTube. Hopefully, one day EMI will realise how much money they can make from releasing it!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

MSam,

Initially, I had the idea to start the topic with the question if anyone know that the Storm On World Tour movie had 3 extra tracks. I changed my mind but accidiently forgot to delete the complete lines that I had already typed. It is not relevant.
MSam
VMF Reg

Post by MSam »

Oh nevermind then :)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Actually, the guy who sent me this DVD told me that there were 3 additional pieces in the extended version of The Storm On World Tour.

This evening I watched it completely again and there is several more additional material that he didn't mention to me. So there is the following extras too:

- The part where Vanessa-Mae plays in Buckingham Palace has extra parts of the 'Original Four Seasons.'

- The part filmed in forn of the Buckinghan Palace where she tells about playing for the Royal Family and 26 heads of states is a bit longer because she introduces the song Refelction

- Vanessa-Mae sings Reflection, the orignal vocal version of the song and not the violin version as it is on the Original Four Seasosn' CD.

- Vanessa-Mae is shown starting to do hang gliding in the Alps.

- Vanessa-Mae is shown at her arrivla at Beijing airport, walking down the plane stairs and going into a car after meting with the press. ( She changed outfit after arriving and coming out of the plane and she is wearing considerable make-up when she goes to the car)

- Vanessa-Mae is shown walking in Beijing immendiately after the scene where she describes her stage with 2 round platforms that simulated the shape of the violin. she visits a market, eats fruit and pukks a face because she doesn't like the particular taste. She then walks in between people and chilfdren and doing a signing session.

- Vanessa-Mae is then shown introduicng the song (I) Can, Can (You) to the audience in Chinese language. She is very cute and does it very well, at least in my impression.

- The scene where she walks the Great Wall of China is a bit longer.

The movie becomes even more impressive when you see it completely with these extra scenes. This way, it even better shows the enormous complexity and impact of the Storm On World Tour.

Morever, the quility of images and sound is superior to what we have seen so far of the documentary.

EMI should release the complete version on DVD asap!
MSam
VMF Reg

Post by MSam »

:shock:

Vanessa Mae SANG Reflection?!?! Rijko, we've got to hear it! Is it similar to the original Disney version? Does it still have the middle.

EMI! Release this immediately!!!!!! :)
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

I am not hopeful that EMI will release any DVD. I'd rather donate to Rijko's PayPal account and ask for a copy of it.
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

after reading the summary about the new content, id have to say thats the third version i know of, i had a version a while ago that seemed to be a mixture of the one you have posted about and the one without the extra content thats been around the forums in digital format before.
the one ive seen had the vocal version of reflections but didnt have her at the alps or the stairs on the plane (i lost it a while ago when the tape broke)
id say it was a good 6 - 7 years ago now
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I really wish EMI would give this an offical release.

It's not unknown for a company to release old material from an artist that is no longer with them. Often this is done to cash in on some new success, so if Vanessa-Mae gets a surprise hit from her next album then EMI will be scrambling to find something to release... we can cross our fingers :)
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

Rijko, can you upload some material of the never seen tracks??.. specially the blessed spirits.. and red hot.. Retro was seen on the Storm on world tour in 'Mundo Ole'...
Jafit González L. MD
VanessaMaeFan18

STORM WORLD ON TOUR MOVIE

Post by VanessaMaeFan18 »

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT REALLY GOING TO BE RELEASED? PLEASE TELL ME IT IS TRUE? IS IT GOING TO BE RELEASED IN THE UNITED STATES?!!! :-)