Her Autobiography... - What happened?

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

What happened to that autobiography that she was working on? I searched on
Amazon and it says it's out of print but also says it was published April 1903 (I'll assume it's 2003).

:oth26:

Edited By aventine on 1052017967
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

It had a title change 1-2 years ago and was then put on hold.
Many months ago Rijko (I believe) posted details about the delay. I forget whether it was from the Press or written correspondence from Vanessa herself, in answer to fan questions. Supposably the "Autobiography" project is back on for the end of this year.
Glenn
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Glenn is right. Vanessa-Mae talked about plan for her her autobiography early 2001. It was planned for release that year after the summer. Since we heard nothing about it after these firts statements and the book apparently was not published as scheduled, I assumed that Vanessa-Mae needed more time to write it. Afterall she was very busy witht the new album, doing promotion for this and giving concerts.

I submitted that a few questions that were bothering us at that time with our 2001 birthday present. Vanessa-Mae responded that she had put her autobiogrpaphy on hold because of her busy schedule, but primarily because she felt that it was not in the right state for publication.

She said: ' This is my one chance to put my life in my own words, and put right a lot of the rubbish that has been said about me, so it has to be exactly right. I am still working on the book, and it will probably be published towards the end of this year'.

In her 'happy new year' message on her official website, Vanessa-Mae tell us that this year will see the release of a new album and her autobiography.

I can't wait to read her own story in her own words!!!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

The same here,
Our girls personal life has been kept very quite and seems to
be a well guarded secret.
Which I think is truely wonderful that she is able to have her
own personal space/freedom.

Knowing our girl this "Autobiography" will get those tongues a
wagging again, down at the old press offices :laugh:

Yes I think that it will make a wonderful read.

I can't wait!!!
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Yeah I agree that it's important to take the time to get it right. After all, people usually only release one autobiography in their lifetime? But in Vanessa's case - she's still very young so she might have to do another one when she's 50 or so, lol. :krank:
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Analysing yourself , your life , your actions and feelings is in my opinion the hardest thing anyone can be asked to do. Let alone putting it into words.

It must be even more compicated for her since it is obvious that she values greatly her privacy. I dont mind waiting, I know that when she finaly release her book it will be just as she wanted it to be and wont be a scam.

Anyways... all good things come to those who wait ... ...
(not sure that translated well)

Atre.
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

I think you mean "all good things take time". That's the slogan off one of our cheese ads. :krank:
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Atreides is correct!

"all good things come to those who wait"

My Grandmother was forever telling me this
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
jintan

Post by jintan »

"all good things come to those who wait"
"all good things take time". That's the slogan off one of our cheese ads.

Atreides is correct. 'those' in this instance refers to men, and 'good things' refers to Asian girls!

Aventine is not wrong. Both Asian girls and cheese need an acquired taste, and that requires time. Once hooked to either of them, you would long for more!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Who said Aventine was wrong?
Both Asian girls and cheese need an acquired taste, and that requires time. Once hooked to either of them, you would long for more!
jintan, this is so true.

We've seemed to have 'slipped' away from the main topic Again?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Her autobiography is already listed on amazon.ca... already priced and have an ISBN number :)

Although there are No release date ...

you can check this link to tease yourselfs:

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1 ... 40-3457151

Atreides
xenomaniacx

Post by xenomaniacx »

hmm in a tv interview she gave when she was here for the concert last year she said that alot of things happened in her life recently and she wanted to add that into her autobiography and also that she hopes to release it next year and since she said that last year it would mean this year wouldn't it :laugh:
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

I've had her autobiography on my amazon and aol shopping wish lists for about a year, and what it says now is "out of print" but it also says something about an April 2004 release. Sounds a lot like now, doesn't it? Are we being cruelly teased?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

We didn't hear anything on the autobiography since Vanessa-Mae said that she didn't find it in an appropriate form to be published. That was in 2002??

I don't think the autobiography is on Vanessa-Mae's list of top priorities anymore.
Erin

Post by Erin »

Would it get a US release?