Vanessa-Mae's summer tour - VMSPOS update # 22 of 2007

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae's summer tour - VMSPOS update # 22 of 2007

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae's summer tour Germany with 5 dates and one date in Bulgaria is the leading topic of the current update of my website.

For all the details, see Vanessa-Mae: Saying Power On Strings - VMSPOS.

The photos below stem from her concerts andare available at my website together with several others

The first photo comes form Vanessa-Mae's concert in Fulda on June 30 where she was dressed in black jeans and a black sleeveless T-shirt, her black hair was in almost free style, and her face looked very natural with only pink lipstick and shadow in a pale complexion. Vanessa-Mae looked absolutely superb that evening, being rather casually dressed and the degree of her make-up accordingly to that.

After her concert in Bochum on July 1, the second photo shows Vanessa-Mae to hand over an electric violin that was on auction to raise money for disabled children to the winner with a bid of Euro 510. Vanessa-Mae was dressed that evening in a fine bright red dress and having her lipstick in matching red accordingly.

The third photo was made during her concert in Sofia, Bulgaria on July 5 where Vanessa-Mae was dressed in a nice midnight blue dress.

I visited Vanessa-Mae's concert in Hamburg on July 2 together with bijsterg. My extensive review with many photos is available at my website at Review Vanessa-Mae live in Hamburg
MSam
VMF Reg

Post by MSam »

I like the first picture the best - very casual looking for such a great violinist! :)
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Rijko ...........

She played Red Hot on her acoustic violin, are you sure? :shock:

She hasn't played my favorite song in years!

Rijko! The guitarist, that's her old one back from the Storm on World Tour days .. take a look at the '99 MJ Concert and tell me if that's the same guy you saw at the concert.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Yes, she played Red Hot acutically and yes the guitarist is the same guy as on the Storm On world Tour movie. The guitarist is with Vanessa-Mae a long time already.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Did you see any cameraman? Perhaps it -might- have been recorded?

Lovely review on the concert, and of course, I'm envious.

You just don't know how I would love to hear Vanessa play my favorite song on Guadagnini. As you know, she always play it on her electric violin.

Anyways, looking forward to more pictures!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

There was a camera team present, but they were from the local television station. They were interviewing some visitors afterwards in main lobby of the venue. Perhaps some images from the show were shown on local television. There was certainly no official team to film the entire concert.

I know very well that I am very fortunate and priveleged to live on the some continent as Vanessa-Mae so that I can visit a concert of her on regualr basis. Of course, I am lucky too to be in a position that I can allow myself this financially.

I sure hope that Vanessa-Mae's new album will be released in the USA too and that she will go on tour there. I see in my webstats considerable interests for Vanessa-Mae coming from the USA, but she will have to go there for quite some time to make a relase a big success.

The guitarist was in the band too in 2004 (October) at her concert in the London Festival Hall, but not in Dresden in 2005 (February). I checked my photos of the Tour For Change concerts that I saw in Berlin and Zurich (2001) but I can not recognize him.

I will try to put up more photos of the concert in Munich later this coming weekend, hopefully.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Hey Rijko,

Curious to ask, how different does songs like Storm, Toccata and Fugue, Retro, Red Hot, etc sound now in comparison to the original album version?

I like how you got specific with Contradanza, and wonder can you expand on that more with the other songs that we're all familiar with.

Thanks,

Benji
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Especially Red Hot was different as the sound was not electronic, much more clear and the same holds for T&F.

In the beginning I was confused with Hocus Pocus because Vanesa-Mae played a Retro type intro making me think she played Retro instead of Hocus Pocus. I had to change that later in my note - - I actually forgot to mention that in my review.

Storm is always fantastic and she used a bit different arrangement for the intro than it is on the album. She played it now on acoustic violin as she did at most concerts, but in Zurich she did it on electric violin.

Contradanza was in a quite a different arrangement than is on the album. She did such too with Themes of Caravan during the Dresden concert.

I think she is growing as a live artist although as a person on stage she becomes more introvert, reserved, actually a bit shy in her perception as she growns older. Anyway, Vanessa-Mae is always cute when she acepts the ovation of a thankful audience when she smiles so girlish like a young school girl.