Vanessa-Mae in the front seat video

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Important for any artist from Europe to be successful in the USA is to stay and play there for a considerable time. Perhaps, Vanessa-Mae is not willing to commit herself to do this and stay in tbhe USA for a long time, or go there very frequently. It would demand considerable efford from Vanessa-Mae to establish her name in the USA, comparable to her fame in Europe and Asia.

Many people in the USA have never heard about her. That is so much different from what we see here in Europe. When I told a few colleagues this summer that I would be off 2 days to visit a concert in Germany, they asked me to what concert I was going. When, I replied Vanessa-Mae, they immediatyely said, oh the violinist, that girl playing T&F some years ago. Although, none of them was a fan, they knew about her very well.

So, Vanessa-Mae gets the most impact and results for her career to play it safely and do concerts in Europe and Asia, where she is also very popular, instead of going on a uncertain adventure in the USA and perhaps fail there to have success.

For an artists originating from the USA, to be successful in Europe apply the same reasoning.

I simple think that vanessa-Mae is not willing to fully commit herself in time and effort to seek successes in the USA. And consequently, Sony, and also EMI, do not see reasons to release a new album there if she is not willing to commit herself to promoting and touring in the USA considerable.

Anyway, I sure hope for all fans in the USA that her next album will be released in the USA and Canada and that she will do some touring there.
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

I really think she could establish herself in the US market without a huge time commitment. As long as she were choosy about the concerts she played, and would commit to maybe a little more self promotion over the internet, I think it could be done. She would have to understand that she wouldn't be playing a concert as the headliner though.

Actually, its kind of funny that some of you think a lot of US performers don't visit Europe. I know most of the bands I listen to have been there several times, though not as frequently as them touring in the US.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

No, I mentioned that there are also famous bands from the USA that don't visit Europe. I didn't say many!

Well, I hope for all fans on the American continent that Vanessa-Mae will do a tour there. But it is not up to us what she can and should be doing. She makes the choices herself.
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

Happy September!
Anyone in the U. S. who hasn't heard of our Vanessa probably hasn't heard of any contemporary classical artists. Earlier in this decade, one could scarcely go into a major record store and not see an imposing V-M display. At least the record company was doing a somewhat proper job of promoting her albums. I never would have found out about her were it not for her visit to the States in Spring 1999, when she made a TV appearance on a CBS news show. Does anyone know if that was her last visit to America? (Hope it won't be.)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae visited the USA in 2002 when she performend at the openmings ceremony for the winter Paralympics in Salt Lake on March 17.
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

Thanks for the info Rijko but now I am regretting having missed it on TV! :( Maybe if I had known about this forum then...
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Boviate, we have Vanessa-Mae's performance in digital format. Let me know if you are interested to have it.
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

Thanks Rijko but I'm pretty much unable to play any videos with my setup. Anyway it wouldn't be quite like seeing it live. I would be very interested in what her repertoire was though.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Bloviate,

Vanessa-Mae did one track. She played Storm.
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

:wink: STORM ON! :wink:
Barkybook

Post by Barkybook »

Rijko,

I would very interested in the video, didn't think Bijsterg server is working any longer and Jorgemae & El_Guille not populated with older videos.

Jorgemae & El_Guille site has some videos from VM's visit to India

http://www.vanessa-mae.com.ar/

Video link

http://www.vanessa-mae.com.ar/local-cgi ... imedia2007

Note the codec is FLV, they provide a player link, Also VLC Media Player works well. http://www.videolan.org/
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

He Barkybook,

Here is a link to download Vanessa-Mae's performace at the paralympics:

http://download.yousendit.com/C64743896C3DDDA2

BTW, I have all videos of Vanessa-Mae's visit to India in mpeg4 format, in case anyone is interested. The videos have interesdting footages of her concerts in Mumbai and Delhi. I show some captures at my website at Vanessa-Mae: Saying power On Strings
Barkybook

Post by Barkybook »

Rijko,

Thanks so much for the link to the video, enjoyed it very much. And also the links to current VM activities in India. I'm sure other who see the videos appreciate it.

Thanks
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Barkybook,

You're welcome. I am glad you like the vid. The vids of our Vanessa-Mae in India are nice too. Especially does scenes when she plays with Nishat Kahn. She is so relaaxed and loose; Vanessa-Mae clearly enjoys it and that is so nice to see!