What is wrong with the Red Hot Vaneesa-Mae homepage

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

What is wrong with the Red Hot Vaneesa-Mae homepage

Post by Xanthippe »

I notice that The Red Hot Vanessa-Mae home page at http://www.vanessamae.com is not available anymore for quite some time.

Does anyone know what is wrong? Is it temporarily and will it be online again, or is it switched off completely?
VanessaMaeFan18

Post by VanessaMaeFan18 »

omg!!!! are you serious?!!! good thing that i saved all her pictures from that site. man, i just hope they are revamping the site bc the site is outdated. vanessa mae rocks the neoclassical violin world!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Well, their DNS server is listed as TECHSCAPE9.COM, which is also down. Perhaps it's a hardware thing. Perhaps it's an earthquake result.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I don't think that it is a server problem. The site is down for already more than a month now. Perhaps they are preparing a major update and redesign, or perhaps it is switched off permantly?
VanessaMaeFan18

Post by VanessaMaeFan18 »

i think she is updating her page. i hope its not shut down for good though
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I am affraid that it has probably gone for good :(
one of the owners told me last year that she no longer has time for it due
to her work commitments.
Plus if I remember right early last year it was "rumoured" that the domain
was going to be sold for a large ammount of $$$'s
do you remember Rijko? I think it was something stupid like US$48,000?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Arioch,

In 2005, one of the owners, Glenn, had a short statement on the homepage about the fact that the website was available 10 years at that time, since 1995. He also said that they planned to keep the site up and running for long time to come and that the domain was not for sale.

The present situation is a pity. Althought the site was completley out dated, I think it still served as a reference for those interested to find out about Vanessa-Mae's start of her career and whatr she is all about.

I suppose for the owners it all comes to setting priorities and that it is all about focus on what you feel is important. there is nothing wrong with that. Only the fact that the site just disappears without any notification surprises me a lot.

Besides, I don't thin k anyone is going to pay for the domain, and certainly not a large amount of money!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

My it is good to finally be able to get back into the forum. :D
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

The Red Hot website has automatically been removed from the open directory project, catogory Vanessa-Mae.

The open directory project DMOZ aims to list all active wensites in categories and in this way to form the largests collection available. I am editor of the category arts/music/bands_and_artists/Vanessa-Mae.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

I don't know how they define "active websites". More than half sites listed seem to be abandoned.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Joe, an active website is a website with a valid url. It says nothing about whether it is updated frequently or not at all.

The Red Hot homepage has no valid url currrently and is therefore inactive.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Apparently the site is active agian. The homepage is completely outdated though. It mentions Vanessa-Mae as a young volinist of now 24.
MSam
VMF Reg

Post by MSam »

"The Best of Vanessa-Mae"
is Vanessa's Latest 2002 CD !
Hmm....