TO ALL THE AMERICAN FANS OF VANESSA MAE!

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

VanessaMaeFan18

TO ALL THE AMERICAN FANS OF VANESSA MAE!

Post by VanessaMaeFan18 »

DOES IT SUCK THAT VANESSA MAE IS NOT KNOWN HERE IN THE U.S.? it is very very very very very very awful! on youtube, there are vanessa mae bashers just because she breaks the ice and she is getting so much backlash. SO WHAT IF SHE DOES NOT PLAY THE VIVALDI, BACH, PAGANINI, MOZART.......it gets very redundant hearing different renditions. i am happy that she is abstract and her playing is so fresh and have such a neo-classical feel to it. i wish vanessa mae played in the u.s., but she would not do well for ticket sales since she is not known here. it sucks! sucks sucks sucks sucks!!!!!!!!!! vanessa mae is the violin queen of the neo-classical violin world! i wonder, is she the first to have modernized the violin? i am not counting the group bond bc they are a quartet and, they are SUPER GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What i am asking is that is she the very fisrt violin player to start contemporizing the violin? vanessa mae is so cool- ppl who diss her are nothing but fools. vanessa mae rocks and will remain rockin' the violin world! i wish her storm on tour was on dvd- i would gladly have that and watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Bond does not do well in the USA either. They may reach the charts, but not high enough (that is - top 20).

Ticket sales are not an excuse, for VM doesn't even release albums in the USA. This has been a major turn off for me during these past eight years at the VMF.

I used to say I'd travel eight hours to see her play in DC, or maybe even NYC. Now, if I will ever see her, it will have to be nearby and inexpensive. I doubt either will happen. Don't feel insulted. Thanks to Teen Titans, Puffy (AmiYumi) became known in the USA and even went on tour. They played close by me ... for $25 per ticket.
VanessaMaeFan18

man, well, at least you were able to see vanessa mae. i only have her music and videos. man, yeah, bond....what ever happend to them anyways? did they have like a 5 cd contract? are they even making anymore cd's? ugh! also, bond does not do well in the u.s. either........stupid hip hop. i wish i was overseas, because thats when you can hear the real deal...........its NOT FAIR!!! :-( if i saw vanessa mae, i would be like OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
changing worlds
Site Admin

I have not seen her. I used to have high hopes in doing so. I then realized that she basically ignores the USA. No CD's. No tours.

No informing her fans, the public or her record company on her professional schedule. Postponing book and CD releases.

Sorry, I cannot share your excitement. She used to be exciting, but those days are long since gone. She took over the managed her own career, and it went straight downhill from there.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Joe, then why are you still here in this forum?
changing worlds
Site Admin

... because no one else here has taken over the administration duties.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

well, just give them back to Aventine, it is her forum! You've have obvious no interests anymore and apparently see the admin stuff as a burden. I would simple quit, if I were in uyour position. Besides, the forumn hardly sees any activity anymore, so what is the difference.
Benji
Site Admin

Joe has a point ...

Post by Benji »

Rijko Ebens wrote:well, just give them back to Aventine, it is her forum! You've have obvious no interests anymore and apparently see the admin stuff as a burden. I would simple quit, if I were in uyour position. Besides, the forumn hardly sees any activity anymore, so what is the difference.
Rijko, I think you are putting words in joe's mouth. I didn't get the sense that he was saying that he's no longer interested in Vanessa-Mae. He is, however, is airing his frustration being a American fan (in which I share). I mean, Vanessa-Mae has been on tour all over the world in past couple of years that Choreography has been out, and has yet to step foot on American soil, not even North American soil (Mexico or Canada).

Secondly, we have no new concert footage of her of any kind. All we have is a bunch of interviews with glimpses of her performing. All the concert footage I have of Vanessa-Mae are 10 years old or older.

Thirdly, perhaps being the most frustrating thing of all is what Vanessa-Mae promised on her then-new Choreography site. She said she says that her site will be regularly updated, and will be keeping in regular contact with her fans, with answering questions, etc. So far, none of that has materialized. In fact, the only person that has any contact with Vanessa-Mae's people is you.

Suffice it to say, we have a lot to be frustrated over.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Unfortunately, the frustration is also causing a lack of interest. Two days ago was the first time I would even listen to a VM CD in almost a year. I thought the stress of being a moderator was tough. The admin was worse until I stopped reviewing all membership requests.

As for Haidee, I don't know if she wants it back. She has not been around much since she made me an admin. Perhaps she had the same frustrations.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Well, this is Aventine's forum. Joe, you can simple email her and say you want to stop and that is it. But if you wan tto keep the job, that is you decision. Anyone has his/hers own motiviation come her or not and be active or not.

Benji, I was just wondering that is all. I would leave if I had Joe's apparent fristration. I would not stay for just the admin and moderating thing. That is Aventine's problem.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

No matter who was doing Vanessa-Maes management be it herself or her
mother, we have always been left in the dark about everything Vanessa-Mae
as ever done, be it concerts or making an appearance at some venue
we're never informed.
Fans in the USA think they have problems?
I live in the UK, Vanessa-Mae lives in the UK. I have been a fan since 1995
In 12 years I have seen her perform live only twice, Why because of her
lack of Fan based interaction and bad really bad management a total lack
of advertisiments,
yet still I am a fan and I will continue to be because I enjoy her music.
Every year Rijko puts together a birthday package for her where we send
her a little gift to say thank you for the pleasure that her music has given us,
also we send cards containing questions, maybe a question regarding
the US issue should have been asked? because basically there is no point
in bickering between ourselves as this will not change a thing?

But at the End of the day we are the Fans, we should get together and let
Vanessa-Mae know how we all feel.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
changing worlds
Site Admin

fine, how I feel is ... unappreciated

OK, when I first became a VM fan in 1995, I worked at a company in Dexter Michigan USA. The workers claimed the company motto was: If you want appreciation -- get a puppy.

Still it is the fans that bring the money to her music.

OK, a little empathy here.
Why DOES she keep us in the dark?
Does she hate her music because it took away her childhood?
Does she hate her fans thinking them all as a potential stalker?
Why does a personal assistant respond to us, rather than her? (other artists will spend time to personally respond, and seriously she is not that busy with touring and talk shows).

Why do people bash her?
Is it her personality or her music style? People either love her or hate her. Businessmen complain about her. Her management keeps getting fired.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I see it this way. If you are a true fan, you are just happy with everything you get.

I do understand the frustration of many fans very well. I have been so lucky to have the opportunity to see her live in concerts now already 7 times. This is a sharp contrast to the lack of concerts in the USA, Canada and all the other American continent, i realise that very well.

Do keep in mind, there are many American musicians who hardly come to Europe. There are more artist than only Vanessa-Mae that somehow neglect a large part of their fan base outside their priority areas.

Vanessa-Mae is certainly not a very apporachable figure. I met her once after a concert. She was very shy, demure, but very nice and attentive to me. I like her!

About any rumours of 'misunderstandings' between Vanessa-Mae and others. We don't know if they are true; we do not have the details and certainly not equally communicated stories from both sides. We can not, and should not judge. But bear in mind, Vanessa-Mae is of flesh and blood with good and bad sides in her character, like we all are and have.

As I said, Vanessa-Mae is not very approachable. That is her good right. We do not own her. Besides, there are many more musicians, singers, or groups, that do not communicate with the fans. I know that a famous singer like Barbara Streisand hardly gives any concerts, not now not in the past for her fans, but only extremely high priced shows for VIPs and celebrities. And there are many more!

So it is up to anyone himself/herself to decide whether to be a fan and be happy with anything you get, or not; whether to listen to her music regularly, only rarely, or not at all; whether to visit a concert if you have the opportunity or let is slip by. No doubt, some peopel will only like some of her music and do not have any interest in the person whatsoever.

Anyone has the commitment to the degree he or she decides to.
VanessaMaeFan18

WOW!! MY TOPIC SPARKED CONVERSATION. :-)

as i was browsing through what was said, there is an issue: VANESSA MAE BASHERS!!!! :-( WHY???? WHAT HAS VANESSA MAE DONE TO ANYONE?????????? If =you go on youtube and type her in, you would see some people bashing her. personally, i think she is awesome!!!!! if i met her, i would scream so loud and freak out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope she does concerts or something. i would love to hear bach renditions in more of a comtempoary style!!!! :-D i think vanessa mae can successfully execute that!
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Even the virtuoso violinist-composer Paganini was heavily criticized during his time. 8)