Vanessa-Mae will perform in Bulgaria on July 5, 2008

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Yeah, I noticed these articles too but could not find any confirmation via a booking agency.

Vanessa-Mae did a conceert in Sofia on July 5 last year, and I am wondering whether the articles do not refer to this: some details might have been lost in translation??
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

I think the news isnt accurate. According to this article Michael Bolton performed also on July 5 last year - http://www.sofiaecho.com/article/inxs-a ... 7/catid_70

Can you delete this thread Xanthippe?

Sorry for posting the wrong information. :(
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

eva,

Thanks for taking the time to post at all, that is rare in itself these days of a almost total inactive boards. It is not a big deal that the info is wrong.

I am not a moderator and have thus no options to delete or adjust any topics or messages. Also, I have no idea whether any of the moderators and/or admins do visit this forum from time to time or not, and whehter they read any of the messages posted or not.

I think anyone who reads through this topic understands the misunderstanding. There is no need to have it removed.

You can contact any of the moderators or the admin if you still want to have it deleted.
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

Yes, do the moderators and admin still visit the board? I haven't seen a post by them in quite some time.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

There is hardly any posting at all anymore, not from the admins and maderators, nor from other members. From time to time we see a few messages, like this topic. And then it is quiet for 2 or 3 weeks, or so.

It is sad, but I guess the forum lost its significance. I do not blame anyone, it is just an observation that people apparently are not interested anymore to exchange ideas and information and just talk about Vanessa-Mae. I realise very well that it is now already more then 3 years ago since her latest release and that there isn't too much news around her. I suppose most members have other interests and other priorities: that is the way it is, I guess.

I do not start any new topics anymore myself anymore: it is useless. I tried to trigger interests the past two years with only little successes. I limit myself these days by answering questions posted in the forum.

I do update my website VMSPOS @ http://www.vanessa-mae every 2 weeks and in extra editions if news around Vanessa-Mae demands such.
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

Thanks for the reply Xanthippe. Yes, it seems like there is only a small handful of people who post anymore. Not to beat a dead horse, but I think much of it relates to VM's unwillingness to do more things to create a public presence. Oh well, I'll enjoy the posts between the few of us who do still post around here.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae has chosen to have her private life out of publicity and lead a life away from the media; we must and shoulsd respect that. We can only hope that her new album, and hopefully her autobiography too, will be out soon. No doubt, she will see media exposure then too, also she will go on tour again then.

But I rather wait another year longer and have a brilliant album, then some mediocre on short notice. Vanessa-Mae should take all the time she needs.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

[quote="wylde8"]Yes, do the moderators and admin still visit the board? I haven't seen a post by them in quite some time.[/quote]

I usually visit the board every day. PMs are the best way to get my attention, but even an error in a post is no reason to delete a whole topic.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Xanthippe wrote: It is sad, but I guess the forum lost its significance. I do not blame anyone, it is just an observation that people apparently are not interested anymore to exchange ideas and information and just talk about Vanessa-Mae. I realise very well that it is now already more then 3 years ago since her latest release and that there isn't too much news around her. I suppose most members have other interests and other priorities: that is the way it is, I guess.
I don't believe that's true. By your own admission, it's been 3 years since she's done anything of relevance. We have no new CDs, no concert footage, not even the autobiography. What are we supposed to talk about?

This is not to suggest that she owes us these things, but the quietness of the forum isn't the result of fans losing interest in her, but rather the lack of interest she has shown in us; Think about it, what about all these things we were promised when she released Choreography? We were promised a new updated site with periodic entries by Vanessa herself, we were also promised Q & A sessions. None of that really materialized.

So to sum it up, I think you will see fans be more vocal about their support of Vanessa-Mae when she becomes more vocal of her interest in us.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Benji,

I know all that, but there is more to the decrease in activity in this forum.

- The release of Choreography did not result in a lot of activity in 2004. The activity burst out was only limited and very temporarily.

- Vanessa-Mae has done a lot of concerts in 2005-2007 for the Choreography tour. I posted a lot of background on that, with photos but hardly saw any repsonse.

- Not to mention my own 3 concert reviews (london 04, Dresden 05 and Hamburg 07) with many photos, but, again, hardly saw any response to that.

- I posted many topics on all kind of activites that Vanessa-Mae did for sponsors, charity, various television appearances; again responses were very limited.

Probable people are still interested in vanessa-Mae. I see a lot of activity from visitors all over the world to my website.

But, apparently, there is no interest in keeping this board alive. As I said, I do not blame anyone. All mebers of this forum are free to be active and involved to their own preferences and priorities.

So please do not feel attacked, anyone!

It is all fine with me! I just cut down my own activity in this forum. I do not start new topics anymore, but will only answers questions and espond to others if I feel the urgency.
Benji
Site Admin

Reviving the board

Post by Benji »

Xanthippe wrote:Benji,

I know all that, but there is more to the decrease in activity in this forum.

- The release of Choreography did not result in a lot of activity in 2004. The activity burst out was only limited and very temporarily.
This is due to a few factors

1) Her site was not consistently updated. Like I mentioned before, we never got any blogs from her, or the Q & A session

2) Her tours are limited in terms of which country she visits. Had she done more tours in places like U.S., Canada, Mexico, etc providing opportunities for some of us to go see her, I think the forum would definitely pick up.

3) Going along with Point 2, she's hardly ever marketed. The old saying, "out of sight, out of mind"
Xanthippe wrote: - Vanessa-Mae has done a lot of concerts in 2005-2007 for the Choreography tour. I posted a lot of background on that, with photos but hardly saw any repsonse.

- Not to mention my own 3 concert reviews (london 04, Dresden 05 and Hamburg 07) with many photos, but, again, hardly saw any response to that.

- I posted many topics on all kind of activites that Vanessa-Mae did for sponsors, charity, various television appearances; again responses were very limited.
To be honest, I don't know what kind of response you're looking for. You saw Vanessa in concert several times now. That's better than the 98% of the board who hasn't seen her even once. We do appreciate your reviews, but it's all about the music and the experience, which can't be explained in words.

I think it would be a lot different if we had concert footage, but except for the 20-30 sec clips of Toccata and Fugue and Sabre Dance, we have nothing. To sum it up, this has nothing to do with you, but everything to do with Vanessa Mae and her management. She hasn't given us anything to really talk about.
Xanthippe wrote: Probable people are still interested in vanessa-Mae. I see a lot of activity from visitors all over the world to my website.

But, apparently, there is no interest in keeping this board alive. As I said, I do not blame anyone. All mebers of this forum are free to be active and involved to their own preferences and priorities.

So please do not feel attacked, anyone!

It is all fine with me! I just cut down my own activity in this forum. I do not start new topics anymore, but will only answers questions and espond to others if I feel the urgency.
That interest you refer to is a two way street. If you like to see this board revived, I would get in touch with your contact, and have him/her relay a message to Vanessa-Mae, and explain (respectfully) how disappointed her fans are for the fact that we haven't gotten anything from her (not just new music, but no concert footage, updated site, or any contact with us)

If she is unable or unwilling to address these issues, then the board will continue to be a ghosttown outside the occasional release every 3 years or so.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Any reason someone has for not being active (anymore) in this forum is a valid one. I know very well that I am in a privaleged position to have seen Vanessa-Mae live in concert already 7 times.

Benji, you make too much out of my contact and options to influence Vanessa-Mae. She knows very well that fans are disappointed with her website and her personal involvement in it, and that fans in the US and Canada are disppointed about the lack of concerts and releases of STC and Choreography. Nevertheless, for whatever reason, she does not act on that: whether we like it or not, that is a fact of life. I don't think that will change.

All I am saying is that I did my best to keep this board alive, unfortunately without too much success. I am a bit disappointed about that, but that is entirely my problem, my problem alone!

I read a story last year about Prince threatening a fans forum with a lawsuit because they are too critical in his opinion. Talking about respecting your fans and being there for them.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

BTW Benji,

You are the one who is keeping this forum and website alive. I very much doubt if this forum and site would still exist if it wasn't for your kind and excellent hosting service.
eva03
VMF Elite

Re: Reviving the board

Post by eva03 »

Benji wrote:I think it would be a lot different if we had concert footage, but except for the 20-30 sec clips of Toccata and Fugue and Sabre Dance, we have nothing.
In case you don't know there is a fan-recorded full length recent performance of Contradanza available for download on vanessa-mae.com.ar. It's in .flv format.

http://www.vanessa-mae.com.ar/local-cgi ... imedia2007