Welcome to Vanessa-Mae 2009, new site coming soon

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae's official site

Hopefully this is an indication that we are on the eve of the release of her new album!
Benji
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Vanessa-Mae 2009, new site coming soon

Post by Benji »

Nice find Rijko! I'm anxious to hear more news on her new album. My hunch is that it will be a neo-classical album, but who knows...

Are you going to this concert? (Is anyone?) It'd be nice to get some footage, as I haven't seen Vanessa-Mae play with a full symphonic orchestra in years.
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

hope so!! :)

N ! Jo
Jafit González L. MD
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Yes, I am going to Vanessa-Mae's concert in Westonbirt on July 18. Hopefully, she will bring music from the new album by then. I am thrilled already by the idea!
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Xanthippe wrote:Yes, I am going to Vanessa-Mae's concert in Westonbirt on July 18. Hopefully, she will bring music from the new album by then. I am thrilled already by the idea!
Rijko, do you know if the venue is inside or outside?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

It's an outdoor venue.

Each year in the summer, the forestry commission organises a series of open air concerts in woods, parks and gardens. Vanessa-Mae will play in the arboretum at westonbirt, near Glouchester. It is the first time that she participates in these concerts.

Here is a link Vanessa-Mae at the Westonbirt Arboretum 2009
Last edited by Xanthippe on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Xanthippe wrote:Benji,

It's an outdoor venue.

Each year in the summer, the forestry commission organises a series of open air concerts in woods, parks and gardens. Vanessa-Mae will play in the arboretum at westonbirt, near Glouchester. It is the first time that she participates in these concerts.

Here is a link Vanessa-Mae at the Westonbirt Arboretum 2009
Sounds like it would be a great concert. I think this may be the perfect venue to record a concert, wouldn't you? Do you have a digital camera? If not, I'm sure we can all chip in and help you get one.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I will try to make photos, and I allow myself that because I know that Vanessa-Mae doesn't care about that. I never film, sorry but it is something I would never do becaue I don't think Vanessa-Mae appreciates it.

Vanessa-Mae is very wll aware that that her fans are interested in a new live DVD, who knows she will reward us with that.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Xanthippe wrote:I will try to make photos, and I allow myself that because I know that Vanessa-Mae doesn't care about that. I never film, sorry but it is something I would never do becaue I don't think Vanessa-Mae appreciates it.

Vanessa-Mae is very wll aware that that her fans are interested in a new live DVD, who knows she will reward us with that.
But to my knowledge, Vanessa-Mae hasn't shown any resistance to people recording her performances. Over the past few years, there's been various people on YouTube that have captured some of her live performances and made them publicly available. This is VERY nice of them considering they're not members of the forum. I think as long as the footage is used for the enjoyment of Vanessa-Mae fans across the world (and not for commercial gain, which hasn't been the case), I don't think Vanessa-Mae would have any problems with it; no more than Vanessa-Mae would for photos taken of her.

There hasn't been anything said by Vanessa or her management (whoever that might be) that there will be a DVD release of any of her concerts. You're the only one on the forum that sees her performances with any sort of regularity. That's why I'm asking you to do this. Pictures of her are always nice, but that's not the reason we're fans. It's the music that counts.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

?
Last edited by Xanthippe on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Xanthippe wrote:OK, that is your opinion. I don't film.
How selfish, but that is your right. Very well then.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

?
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Xanthippe wrote:Benji,

I think your allegation and qualification of me being 'selfish' is highly inappropriate and unjustified, considering all I have shared with all others here in this forum throughout the years. It is inappropriate to ask someone to break rules on the expense of being removed from the concert by security.

I do not want to get into any arguing with you, but you refused me a request, not too long ago, for sharing Vanessa-Mae material with the reasoning that it is not on the top of your to-do list, where I only asked your effort to see if you could arrange it for me. You simple refuesed that.

Benji, don't talk to me about being selfish!!!!
It isn't inappropriate or unjustified. Your mentioning of being removed from the concert by security; that could happen whether you took photos or record the performance. You don't seem to mind to "break the rules" if it means taking photos for your website, but recording is a no-no? There have been others who have done it with no problem; I just don't think you want to do it, period.

As for the request you're referring to, let's set the record straight: I asked you to make the Storm on World Tour video available to everyone, not just to me in particular. You said that you would do it in exchange for concerts (from over a decade ago) that I have on VHS. I told you that I don't know when I will be able to make these available, since the footage is on VHS and I do not have the hardware to encode these into a video format. I have looked into doing this (joemate can confirm), and found no easy solution. I "refused" your offer because I cannot guarantee if it EVER could capture the footage. I wasn't going to lie and say "yeah, I'll get it to you" just so I can have the SOWT footage.

You are correct when I stated it's not on my top things-to-do list, as what you're asking would require me to spend a significant amount of money, and that's only if I found a solution.

You also fail to mention the fact that you were not going to proactively make the concert available, simply because no one asked for it (?). In contrast, you are DEFINITELY proactive in advertising updates to your website on here, yet no one asked you for that.

So yes, I do believe that you are selfish in this matter.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

?
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Xanthippe wrote:Benji, I consider both your posts as personal attacts and hostile towards me. I filed an official complaint with respect to both your post. Please remove them!
No, it is neither an attack or hostile. I think you're selfish; that's my personal opinion. I did not call you any names or otherwise used foul language or anything of the short. You can't simply tell someone to delete his post just because you don't agree with what's said.

Sorry