Vanessa-Mae at the Westonbirt Arboretum, Saturday July 18

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae at the Westonbirt Arboretum, Saturday July 18

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae's concert at the Westonbirt Arboretum is coming Saturday, July 18. She will be joined on the stage by her band, The All Angels and National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Anthony Inglis. The concert will end with fireworks. A real spectacle is to be expected.

I am going there. I will write a full review with photos to be published at my website about a week later. I will make it available here too.

Is anyone else going as well?
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Re: Vanessa-Mae at the Westonbirt Arboretum, Saturday July 18

Post by zeta »

That's wonderful!! please try to record all the concert...where do you from Rijko? i was gonna go there,but it was a bit expensive for me now...
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

erzeta,

I am from the Netherlands. You are from Spain, aren't you?

I will try to make photos. I do not record anything. Maybe some else will make a video available at youtube.
Dario

Post by Dario »

me will be there too :bow: Fingers crossed, the weather will be fine.
Just wonder, will there be tickets available on gates? I have mine ready for a while, but maybe my friends would like to join me on the day...
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

I wonder how the concert went. Any updates? Dario? Xanthippe? :D
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

From youtube:

I'm A-Doun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5gu737G4T0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (uploaded by smasha01)

T & F http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5cgIpxMBks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (uploaded by khepri152)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I just returned home from holidays in Wales that I enjoyed after being to Vanessa-Mae's concert.

The concert was great! Vanessa-Mae was gorgeous as ever in a wonderful half long dress with all kind of glitters on it. She had the same dress as she did wear at her concert in Moscow, last March 18. Vanessa-Mae was also quite heavily made up.

She played very well and passionately, but her violins were out of tune a couple of times because of the very difficult humind weather conditions. Teh end of the concert was spectacular with fireworks accompanying our Vanessa-Mae when she played Storm.

I made a large series of fantastic photos. The best I ever made during her concerts, thanks to my new Nikon D90 SLR camera.

I am currently writing a full review, that will be available at my website, hopefully tomorrow. I will show a selection of the best photos then too.

BTW, there are more vidoes on youtube available now, see:

Contradanza

Hocus Pocus

Storm with fireworks 1

Storm with fireworks 2
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

did she play something new?.. or told some news about the new album?

BTW.. I've been so absent from the forum 'cause actually I'm doing my medical practiques in Guadalajara.. Hopefully I'll become a doctor on a year..

regards,

Jafit
Jafit González L. MD
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I found positive report about Vanessa-Mae's concert, see The Gazette.

Jafo, good for you to become a doctor! Good luch with studying the coming year. Hopefully, you have some more time to spend here!

Dario, where were you in the audience? Where you in the front? Did you enjoy Vanessa-Mae's concert?
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

Excuse me, but what does it means BTW??
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I have a few first photos (8) of Vanessa-Mae at her concert at my website available.

Here are 3:

See http://www.vanessa-mae.nu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the other 6, including 2 of the fireowrks that ended the evening when Vanessa-Mae played Storm.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

erzeta wrote:Excuse me, but what does it means BTW??
BTW stands for 'by the way'. BTW, nice pictures Xanthippe! 8)
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

Thanks Xanthippe in advance for the concert report and photos! :)

A bit disappointing though...she doesn't seem to have presented any new material or issued a new album. :confused: :(

But, as always, we still love our precious girl, Vanessa-Mae. :worship:

NBE
New Blue Eyes, V-M's #1 USA fan!
Dario

Post by Dario »

Xanthippe> funny, I went to Wales after the concert too :lol:

I sent all my material to Benji last week (photos and videos). Fingers crossed he'll get it soon and will make it available to everyone, coz I am not good at putting things for download online :oops: Fool me, thought the start of 2nd part was Red Hot, hope Benji will not be too sad watching Contradanza insteed :roll:

I (as well as some others around) was a little bit surprised and disappointed to find that it was sitting concert. I think Vanessa's performance would be more energetic with the standing and dancing audience infront of her. From all 5 Vanessa's concerts that I visited so far, this audience was sure the most impassive, which I think affected her performance, very average in terms of passion (by her own high standarts, sure :wink: )

Just came back from Carlos Santana's concert last Saturday at Silverstone and thought, how great would be to see Vanessa making some project with this incredibly energetic virtuoso. Sure then we would see old good passionable Vanessa-Mae from Red Hot and Storm tours, who was going crazy on stage and looked enjoying every single note she played and every single step she made :twisted: :lol:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Dario, that little young girl going crazy on stage does not exist anymore. Vanessa-Mae today is much more a reserved person.

She does enjoy every moment on stage, you can tell by her smile and the expression in her eyes.

I like her this way!
Dario wrote: Just came back from Carlos Santana's concert last Saturday at Silverstone and thought, how great would be to see Vanessa making some project with this incredibly energetic virtuoso. Sure then we would see old good passionable Vanessa-Mae from Red Hot and Storm tours, who was going crazy on stage and looked enjoying every single note she played and every single step she made :twisted: :lol: