Vanessa-Mae concert on June 20 in Minsk, Belarus

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

eva03
VMF Elite

Re: Vanessa-Mae concert on June 20 in Minsk, Belarus

Post by eva03 »

Yeah before DVDs get obsolete. :cry:
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Well Girls & Boys,

You have my vote on this subject. Since I am so new I have not suffered as long as you have, but we need some NEW vids and CD's.

May she play forever .....and give her Fans some new material.

CX
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

By the way,in that short video(about 30 sec.) she played not Aurora but Roxane' Veil indeed.I did a little mistake when wrote that she plays Aurora.Sorry..But this arrangement of Roxane's Veil is truly amazing to me and she is so beautiful in this concert!(beautiful and natural as always) Maybe more Vanessa Mae photos will be from that concert..
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Well Girls & Boys,

Having recently found Vanessa-Mae I have not had to suffer years of waiting for new concerts, videos and music CD's. I can understand everyone's frustration. I hope something is coming soon for she has too much talent to go to waste.

May she play forever....and soon for her Loyal Fans !

CX
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

Xanthippe and all Vanessa-Mae friends and lovers! I just thought what is the relation now between Vanessa-Mae and her Mother Pamela? Maybe you know better? I read, that there was some disagreements between them.I so want that they agree and love one another,I wish this for Vanessa-Mae and her Mother.I just listened how they both plays J.Brahms.Scherzo and other music works and I am really impressed.Such passion,such expression in their playing! Wonderful! I would like to hear more from both of Vanessa-Mae and her Mother,more music played together.I know,they both recorded Four Seasons and played some other music together and I think it's great!
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Hello Raytac,

Well I am afraid Hell might freeze over before Pamela reconciles with Vanessa-Mae. She had an excellent opportunity to do that very thing during the "Making Of Me" and she refused. The only thing she did do was fill out a questionnaire. ( Which surprised me altogether). Hope for the best, but don't count on it.

May she play forever...with or without her mother.

CX
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

Well, CarrollTowerCX,you are right maybe.I wish that Vanessa Mae will play as you wrote but I really wish that everything will be ok between them.Anyway,she is her Mother and Vanessa Mae is her only Daughter.It would be so good to see them agree and loving one another.It's important I think,to be in good relations for both Mother and Daughter.Then they can really be happy! I wish the best and hope they will keep their friendship.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Hello Raytac,

I wish the same thing too. It may happen, but it will be years in the future, I am afraid. Her mother was VERY controlling and it seemed more to her to be the boss and control her daughter's life than the LIFE of her daughter. Remember, at one time, she told Vanessa-Mae that she should fix her hair a certain way and always look good when going to a performance so that if she got killed on the way she would make a good looking corpse. Also that she loved Vanessa-Mae as a daughter, but Vanessa-Mae would not be special to her unless she could play the Violin especially well, and only then would she be special to her mother......A very strange way to talk and treat her only child!

CX
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

CarrollTowerCX wrote:Hello Raytac,

I wish the same thing too. It may happen, but it will be years in the future, I am afraid. Her mother was VERY controlling and it seemed more to her to be the boss and control her daughter's life than the LIFE of her daughter. Remember, at one time, she told Vanessa-Mae that she should fix her hair a certain way and always look good when going to a performance so that if she got killed on the way she would make a good looking corpse. Also that she loved Vanessa-Mae as a daughter, but Vanessa-Mae would not be special to her unless she could play the Violin especially well, and only then would she be special to her mother......A very strange way to talk and treat her only child!

CX
I think some of that had to do with the fact that Pamela is just as ambitious as Vanessa was. Unfortunately, this type of relationship is quite prevalent with child stars. Parents try to vicariously live their own dreams through their children, especially if their chosen field of endeavor is the same as their parents'.

However, let's remember that without Pamela, there would be no Vanessa-Mae. When her daughter showed aptitude for music as told by her teachers, she immediately sought to find the best violin teacher(s) money can buy, and it paid off. She pushed Vanessa hard, and while it certainly looks like that her priorities were mixed up, Vanessa undoubtedly benefited from it.

I tend to think that Vanessa forgets this point, as she believes that young professional musicians like her are born with the gift, as stated in "Making of Me". However, the one gentlemen who had asked her to count how many hours she practiced from 8 years old until she turned professional, she estimated over 10K hours. This supports his theory that innate talent, while playing a role, doesn't automatically translate to the level of performance we see of Vanessa Mae's caliber. Instead, "practice makes perfect".
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Hello Benji,

I tend to believe in your premise as to Pamela making Vanessa-Mae what she is today. The part about living her dreams through her daughter is all too true. I have personal experience of this in my own family. My wife (Korean), had pushed our daughter to do the things she was denied in her childhood. Tens of thousands of dollars were spent on piano lessons, twelve hours of ballet a week and then even more getting her into the modeling industry. So I fully understand how ambitious mothers, especially Oriental mothers, can be.

But the real killer here, was when Vanessa-Mae dismissed her mother as her manager. I believe this wounded Pamela deeply. By this time, Vanessa-Mae's career had become Pamela's whole life, and to be let go, must have been very traumatic.

Now I am sure, Vanessa-Mae did not come to her mother at her 21st birthday, and out of the blue, say "Your fired"! This had to have been the result of months if not years of discussion and arguments on this subject. This certainly was a tremendous and important decision for Vanessa-Mae to undertake. Something not taken lightly.

I can imagine what shock and bitterness there must have been for Pamela, but I can not understand, after 10 years, to still not want to maintain contact, much less love for your only child. This is carrying things too far.

CX
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

This story makes me cry....I hope everything will be ok between them one day...I wish that everything will be ok between Vanessa-Mae and her Mother Pamela.So wish that hey both come into contact and friendship..I hope for that..
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Indeed, Pamela has been very controlling with her daughter Vanessa-Mae. Apparently, Pamela had difficulties in accepting that Vanessa-Mae wanted control her own life and career,to make her own choices, and make her own mistakes in order to learn from them.

I am sure that in the end, nothing and no one can deny a blood relation like mother-daughter and father-son. I am sure that Vanessa-Mae and Pamela will reconcile on day.

I would love to see a cd one day with Vanessa-Mae on violin accompanied by her mother Pamela. I think this will take year to become a reality, but who knows, maybe one day....
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

I agree,Xanthippe.I also very want to hear Vanessa-Mae and her Mother together recorded CD.
Would be best that Vanessa-Mae and Pamela wil reconcile as soon as possible.. I hope for that.They both played together very expressively and great.I mean Four Seasons where she played harpsichord and in Scherzo by J.Brahms.I really would like to hear more like this:) I really hope for that.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Hello Guys, X & R,

I myself, would be thrilled to have a new CD featuring Vanessa-Mae and Pamela together again. It would be great!

I have viewed a few vids of Pamela and Vasko together and well....Though the performances are very good....There is still something spooky there, in my opinion. What I mean is; Pamela doesn't seem to be acting her age....and well........You get my point.

They may get together again, but I think it will be a long way off, unfortunately. Lets hope for the best. That's all we can do.

CX
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Well a bit of an old topic of course, but I just found this site with some wonderful photos of our Vanessa-Mae at her press conference and concert in Minsk: Vanessa-Mae in Minsk June 2010

I place three of my favourites from the series below!

Last edited by Xanthippe on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.