Spanish Vanessa-Mae website still online?

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Spanish Vanessa-Mae website still online?

Post by Xanthippe »

I am not able to access the Spanish Vanessa-Mae website for a few months now.

It should be on line according to the owner; so the problem should be on my side!

Is anyone here able to access:

Spanish website

and

Spanish forum
eva03
VMF Elite

Re: Spanish Vanessa-Mae website still online?

Post by eva03 »

Both links are working on my side. The website hasnt been updated since 2008.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

They do not update the site anymore because of change in priorities. The forum has never shown too much activity.

Anyway, thanks for checking the links, eva03. The links do not work for me anymore, apparently, for reasons I do not understand.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Hmm, maybe your ISP's the problem. Did you try to access the website using a different computer that has different ISP?

As for the Spanish fan being not updated, maybe it's because there's no V-M activity lately except for the limited tours.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Eva,

I know that all people involved in the Spanish website devote their time and priorities to other hobbies. I also know some of them are really disappointed that Vanessa-Mae didn't visit South-America for a long time.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

We cant blame Vanessa-Mae for not visiting a certain country. If there are no sponsors and strong public interest then there's definitely no concert.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Xanthippe,

I just tried both Spanish sites and they came through all right. I believe Eva03 is right, no sponsors no concerts. But most of all I believe Vanessa-Me needs to get another Professional Manager to set things in motion and leave her to her music.

CX
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I did not try to access the site via another computer. It doesn't matter, the site will not be updated anymore.

Vanessa-Mae has a professional manager, see: http://www.merlinmusicandlive.com/vanessa-mae.html

Concerts of Vanessa-Mae in South-America have always been very successful. I have no idea why she did not go there anymore since the last time in 2002 when she did 3 concerts in Brazil in April.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

I have to say that Vanessa never visited Spain!
She just came to Spain for the Mc Laren mercedes benz F1 event of Fernando Alonso and it was a VIP dinner for some people.
So she never includes Spain to her concert tours.
How do you know when is a strong public interest? what is the criteria that she uses to go to a country?
If you never visit a place, you will never know if people like it, right?
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

I dont know exactly the criteria she or her management considers but I'm sure like other artists, they would consider income unless it's charity work. There is strong public interest when there is demand and of course, when there is high or favorable income.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

I think the spanish fan forum has disappeared forever.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Back on June 28th this year I was able to get both Spanish Sites, but I can not get them now.

CX
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I can not open the site and forum since many months now. I know from the owners that they have other priorities now, and that they will not update the site anymore. The site has not been updated anymore since end 2008.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I did a search on the vanessa-mae.com.ar domain. It seems that this domain is available currently. That would imply that the owners allowed the subscription to expire.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

can you put the page over here, please?