Vanessa-Mae live in Ludwigsburg, Germany, September 3 2010

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae live in Ludwigsburg, Germany, September 3 2010

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae played passionately in front of an enthusiastic audience, accompanied by her band and a string orchestra, at her concert in Ludwigsburg, Germany, on last Friday September 3, 2010. Vanessa-Mae played a selection of songs from her repertoire that encloses a period of about 15 years, presented by her in a tour of concerts named The Magic Violin Period. Unlike her concerts of the past years for the Choreography Tour, pieces form her last album Choreography played a considerable less important role in the present series of shows. The track listing of the concert is shown below. Vanessa-Mae played mostly on her Guadagnini acoustic violin, except those in the electric intermezzo.

- Storm -
- Retro -
- Bach Street Prelude -
- Red Hot -
- Roxanne's Veil -
- Emerald Tiger -
-------- electric intermezzo --------
- Laughing Buddha -
- Contradanza -
- Hocus Pocus -
-------- break --------
- Sabre Dance -
- Wilde Screen -
- Bolero for violin and orchestra -
- I Am A Doun -
- Tango De Los Exilados -
- The Havana Slide -
- Tribal Gathering -
- Toccata & Fugue -
-------- encore --------
- Power Of C (aka Art Of War) -

I manged to make a large series of photos. A first selection of 6 fine photos is presented below. More photos will follow shortly, as well as a comprehensive review on the concert. Vanessa-Mae was in a wonderful long bright red dress of light floating material, most likely silk. Vanessa-Mae had her hair styled pulled from her face and tied on her back. She was beautifully made up to a smooth flawless complexion, small line of dark shadow on her upper lids, glossy dark red lipstick, and excess of mascara that made her lashes create shadows underneath her eyes - see the photos below.

Last edited by Xanthippe on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanthippe

Re: Vanessa-Mae live in Ludwigsburg, Germany, September 3 20

Post by Xanthippe »

I particularly liked I Am A Doun, especially the intro where Vanessa-Mae played on acoustic violin accompanied by a piano only and subsequently the band and more instrument started to join as the song progressed. That was great!!

I was pleased that she ended with The Art Of War. She didn't play that song since the Tour For Change in 2001-2002.
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

Thanks Xanthippe for photos of Vanessa Mae!!!! She is so pretty,hope to hear more from concert also.Thanks again!
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

Those photos are really good.
You must have a great camera.
Congratulation!
You are lucky for listening to Art or war.
I think we could ask her for her birthday card if she would include Devil's trill.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Xanthippe,

BREATHTAKING!!!!!!! Those are WONDERFUL photos! I just down loaded them and will send them to my office computer to add to my at work slide show. They should make a big hit. Yes you have a top quality camera. Great photos!!!!!!!

I definitely will be waiting for more details of Our Vanessa-Mae's concert. I am ENVIOUS. I wish I could have been there, but I am so glad that you were...........WONDERFUL!

CX
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Xanthippe,

I must say, that I really like the way Vanessa-Mae has her hair fixed. I love the way it is braided on the sides and top.

CX
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

Yes,exactly CarrollTowerCX! I love her hairstyle,it's great and fits to Vanessa Mae very much!!!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Guys, thanks for the positive comments.

The concert was really fantastic. Vanessa-Mae played passionately. The concert was an open air show held in the courtyard of the city castle of Ludwigsburg. About 4,000 people attended the show.

erzeta, I use a Nikon D700 which is a semiprofessional full frame camera. The photos were shot at ISO 1600 with a 70-300 mm zoom lens.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Xanthippe,

Thanks for the camera, lens setting and zoom lens information.They sure worked to perfection.

Damn, they are good photos!!! and of Vanessa-Mae too.

CX
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae is a wonderful and rewarding model for photography; she is always so gorgeous.

I changed the cutting of some of the photos a bit.
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

Xanthippe,I have one question for you.I know,you visited now many Vanessa Mae concerts in years,maybe you can tell about her playing.It's interesting,does Vanessa Mae plays classical Music works like A.Vivaldi,J.Brahms,L.van Beethoven,J.S.Bach or other pure classic works? I remember from her concerts in the past,like in 1996,1999 so on,she, besides her creations played pure form J.Brahms - Scherzo,J.S.Bach.Prelude from 3rd Partita,M.Bruch.Scotish Fantasy,W.A.Mozart.Andante(maybe?) which she palyed in Berlin in 1996(THAT IS AMAZING!!!) and others.I admire how she plays pure Classical Music also very much,I watching and listening again and again those concerts videos.But does she play this kind of Music nowadays?..
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Wow ... I love the selection of songs for this concert.

Definitely a blast from the past .. Red Hot, Widescreen, Contradanza, Art of War ...
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

Indeed,I love her selection of the songs also!!!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Raytac

Vanessa-Mae did classical tours too in the past. In 1996 and early 1997, she did the Classical Tour and The Alternative Classical Tour. In 1999, she did The Original Four Seasons Tour. At her concert for The Storm On World Tour in 1997-1998, she had a classical break with pure classical pieces.

The Tour For Change (2001-2002) was more pop oriented, and The Choreography Tour (2004-2008) was a mix. All pieces on the Choreography album are more or less written by modern classical composers.

I have a list with all the tour dates available at my website, see:

http://www.vanessa-mae.nu/Tours.htm

I am not sure that I have all the dates, but it I think the list is quite comprehensive.
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

Thank you very much Xanthippe!! She had really a lot of travels and concerts in whole world,especially in 1996-1999 years.Vanessa Mae is really strong girl,such many concerts was almost everyday (in World Tours) and I have in mind, that she in those years, was only teenager but I think she knows how to relax and rest good.Or maybe had comfort travels.Thanks Rijko again for this list of her concerts! I see,She really had classical World Tours also.Vanessa Mae is great! I love her very much!