What to do for her birthday - The 27th of October is approaching quick

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

The past two years we have sent Vanessa-Mae birthday greetings for her birthday. Last year we included a special present to thank her for the new album 'Subject to Change.'

I propose to limit ourselves to birthday cards only for this years project.

I am currently writing a nice letter to be included with these greeting cards. I will write down the names of all participants at the end of the letter.

I suggest that all who want to participate in this years birthday project to mail me a self designed card to congratulate our Vanessa-Mae with her 24th birthday. I will print all cards, join them together and send them with the letter to Vanessa-Mae in London.

This card can be in jpeg format, powerpoint file or anything else. I am capable of handling quite some diiverse formated files.

This is just a proposal. I am open for all other, possible better, ideas.
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

Yeah well the birthday will come really fast, we can send b-cards to Rijko by e-mail, or maybe we can get (buy) some b-cards which represents - symbolize the country each of us are from (like some city view, some famous monument, or just a bunny with the country flag - btw bunny with the flag could be cool...) write on them b-day wishes and send it to Rijko by simple mail so he could add it to letter.
Gatis
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Rijko,

I like your idea. Id personally like to send her a cd of something I've done. Is there a way i can send that to you, and you send it along with the rest of the other items?

When would this need to be sent at latest?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Kevin, I can certainly include such a cd in the present. I think I will send everthing a few days in advance of her birthday. Send an email to r.h.e.ebens@home.nl and I will reply with my address details.

BTW, all contributions can be mailed to me at the mentioned email address.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Please announce here in this topic that you want to participate in this year birthday project.

I will know then how many contributions that I can expect.
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

lat: Qhríon, Qhriónis, Qhri Classical constellation. Zeús, Poseidón and Hermés visit the old Hyrieús as wanderer. Qin Qhrion is fighting against the scQhrpion and hopes he will win Vanessa. He sEARches for an Qhrigami Paperfoldingscorpion. It would be a good Idea for Vanessa's birthday.

As Postcard:
Ever an opnEAR
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi amQhr,

Just email that postcard as your contribution to me and I will print it out and send to Vanessa-Mae with all the other contributions.
Raistlin

Post by Raistlin »

Rijko i want to participate, but i dont know how todo the card..
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Raistlin.

Your contribution is very welcome!!

There are many possibilities to make a card. You can paste a photo or any drawing into a desing program like Micorsoft Image Composer or Powerpoint or something like that; or you can use a text processing program like Word for this also. You can add a nice text to the photo or drawing.

There are also several websites form where you can download birthday greeting cards.

Just use your imagination to make it nice for our Vanessa-Mae.

Then mail me the file with your card and I'll send it to Vanessa-Mae.
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

Well you know Rijko, I am sure in! Just now I need to design a b-card!
Gatis
happyvalley80

Post by happyvalley80 »

hi RIJKO:
i want to join u,sent a birthday card to VANESSA MAE.i'm not similiar to use POWER POINT,but i try to do it.
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Rijko,

Willing to join.
Whats the deadline???
Haboek :smokin:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

OK, let's have October 15th as deadline.

If anyyone needs more, please let me know specifically.

I have received two contributions already yesterday.
kengqwee1

Post by kengqwee1 »

I got an idea......I just sent a birthday card to Kevin Wong from VMSingapore then see how first....
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Is there anyone out here in this forum who is willing to participate in this years birthday project for Vanessa-Mae.

I set October 12th as deadline for submitting a contribution.

Please inform by email (r.h.e.ebens@home.nl) me if you plan to join the project.

At this moment I expect some 10 contributions, including myself.