Vanessa-Mae's feedback to our bday question 2011

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae's feedback to our bday question 2011

Post by Xanthippe »

Today, I received Vanessa-Mae's feedback with answers to our 2011 bday project questions. The questions are showns once more in italics, followed by Vanessa-Mae's answers in bold.

It is sad to learn that Gaspard died last autumn due to a lymphona.

Let's thank Vanessa-Mae to her generous feedback once again this year. She is such a darling to us!

1 The first question is how are you and Lionel doing? Are you both happy, and in good physical and mental condition?

Thank you. Apart from sadly losing Gaspard (our big dog) to lymphoma last autumn, we are happy - physically and mentally!

2 Since skiing is top priority for you nowadays, we have to ask about your progress. So are you on schedule to be ready and fit for the qualifying matches? We now approach 2012 and there is only 2 years ahead before the games in Soichi start. When and where are the matches that you need to do to qualify for the games?

Training is somewhat sporadic at times as a good and honest trainer seems to be nonexistent.

3 What do you think are your changes to qualify? You are probable in a field of professional sportsmen!

With less than 2 years to go, it will be an extreme challenge but qualification is attainable.

4 After the games, do you plan to move back to London or will you keep your main residence in Switzerland? We assume that you still maintain your apartment in London?

My move to the mountains was due to the fact that I no longer wanted to live in London (after dreaming of moving since I was 14 years old) so I can not imagine myself returning full time to a city ever again. Properties in prime locations are always a good investment.

5 We hope that after the games, music will be top priority for you once again. Can you give us an indication about you plans for after the games? Do you have ideas for a new album already?

2014 is far away but my Olympic project will serve as inspiration for my music. I hope to already preview my future music at the Winter Olympics. I am also excited that Omega, the official Olympic timekeeper, and I are teaming up in the meantime for the next 2 years.

6 Will you continue doing concerts the coming year? We want to make a suggestion to go to Spain for a concert – there have only been VIP events in Spain to our knowledge. Any changes that you might go there in the near future? And what about the USA? You haven't been there for concerts since a long time.

I was actually much busier than I originally intended to be with shows last year. I do hope to play a public show in Spain one day - now that they have banned bull fighting in Catalonia at least - as the atmosphere must be electric. We visited USA over Christmas but the last time that I played in USA was as a guest of Il Divo in NYC - it is a big country and I do aspire to start playing there again.

7 We know that you possess and drive Audi cars! Newspaper report mention that you own several cars. Can you tell us what cars you currently own?

My rickety Lotus is still the most fun I have had on the open road so far. Now that I live in Zermatt, I drive far less. A telepod is my dream!

8 About your acoustic Guadagnini violin (Gizmo!)! Do you have any knowledge about previous owners?

I have no idea but I have always preferred not to think of who may have played my violin before me.

9 About the Olympic games next year in London. Do you plan to attend a few events? An the openings ceremony! We hope to see you play a role in the ceremony – maybe perform Storm or another spectacular song. Can you give us a hint on this?

I am looking forward to being there but, as opening ceremonies go, I am saving myself for 2014.

10 The final question, what did Lionel give you for your 32nd birthday present? Of course if you find it too private, then please skip this question.

It was something sexy of course!

Thank you for your support and I hope that 2012 is a happy year for you.
Last edited by Xanthippe on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarrollTowerCX

Re: Vanessa-Mae's feedback to our bday question 2011

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Xanthippe,

Very interesting reply's, but it is sad to hear about Gaspard. I was afraid he had passed on since Vanessa had had him for so long. I knew from the books I had read on the Shar-Pei that Gaspard would soon reach his age limit.
Lymphoma is the same kind of cancer I have, but it is in remission for the last 19 years. Too bad Gaspard could not beat his. This will make my own Shar-Pei, Hercules, that more precious to me!

CX
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

Why does she say "as the atmosphere must be electric"?....what does she mean with it?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

erzeta wrote:Why does she say "as the atmosphere must be electric"?....what does she mean with it?
I guess she means 'exciting' and/or 'energizing.'
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Erzeta,

Also, Vanessa is very much an animal lover and does not condone Bull Fighting, as she mentioned just prior to that statement.

CX
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

What I find interesting in Vanessa-Mae's answers is that she wants to use her Olympic project as inspiration for new music. She also hopes to preview some of it at the winter Olympics in 2014.

I am really looking forward to that.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Besides the thought of new music, I am anxious to hear how Vanessa does with the pre-Olympic trials.

CX