Our noodles vanessa-mae and jacques villeneuve?

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Winter 1999 saw the rumour that F1 driver Jacques Vilenueve was dating our Vanessa-Mae.

Vanessa-Mae and Jacques Villeneuve know eachother, that is for sure. Vanessa-Mae visited the F1 tracks in 1998-1999 because she did together with F1 driver Hakinnen and others the Siemens promotion campaign 'Get Inspired' for a new mobile phone. Moreover, Vanessa-Mae played at the opening show for the new F1 season in March 1999. Also it is known that Vanessa-Mae had diner once in the winter 1999 with Jacques Vilenueve, though under the spying eye of her personal bodygurd. In January 1999, Vanessa-Mae was, together with Jacques Villeneuve, part of a team in a yearly charity skiiing event in Villars, Switzerland.

I think the above mentioned facts form the basis of the rumour about a love relationship between Vanessa-Mae and Jacques Villenueve.

I searched the internet extensively to find out more on this matter. I never found any photos that show Vanessa-Mae together with Jacques Villenueve, nor did I find any other material that would provide more basis for this rumour.

Only very recently, I recently acquired a French magazine with an article under the title: 'Le nouvel amour de Jacques Villeneuve, une violoniste talenteuse. In english: 'The new love of Jacques Villenueve: a talented violinist.'

See the following links for scans of the article:

text on page 1

insert photo on page 1

large close-up of Vanessa-Mae on page 2

I am currently trying to understand the contents of the article but my knowledge of the French language is only very limited.

My first impression is that the article does not contain, in any form, a personal conformation of the relationship of either Vanessa-Mae or Jacques Villeneuve.

Does anyone understand enough French to tell us the contents of the article?

The insert photo on page 1 suggests an intimacy between Vanessa-Mae and Jacques Villeneuve, but in fact someone unknown is standing between them. The truth is that this picture is only a cutting of a photo made at the Villars charity skiing event of the whole goup of participants. This photo can be found on the site of Corbis at www.pro.corbis.com See the following direct link for the photo:

Villars group photo including Vanessa-Mae and Jacques Villeneuve

Vanessa-Mae has never commented on the alleged relationship with Jacques Villeneuve. And according to the following link, Jacques Villeneuve denied that there has ever been an affair between them:

Villeneuve's denial

I think this article was in a UK newspaper, but I can't remember this exactly. Anyway, I am not sure about the reliablility of this source!!

Villeneuve webstie also do not provide more information on the rumour, see for the official site the following link:

Official Villeneuve website

Also, Jacques Villeneuve is a real womanizier. Around the winte rof 1999, he was coupled by the gossip press to Nathalie Imbruglia, Danii Minogue and several others including our Vanessa-Mae.

My conclusion is that although Vanessa-Mae and Jacques Villenueve know eachother and have met on several occasions, they have never been involved in a real love affair, at least there is no convicing proof for that.

I am still happy with the idea that Lionel Catalan is our Vanessa-Mae's first real love.

Edited By Rijko Ebens on 1081014695
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

i've never heard vanessa-mae dated someone her age in the past.
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Here is the translation of the title and text:

---- begin translation

THE NEW LOVE OF JACQUE VILLENEUVE

Something new in the life of Jacques Villeneuve? If we belive european newspapers, Vanessa Mae, a prodigious violin player would be the new girlfriend. Here is the tale of their meeting. By Raymond Pelletier

Vanessa Mae and Jacques Villeneuce are tied by the same will to provoke, to reach perfection and to surpass themselvs. Jacques like to change his hair color to red, green, as his temper(the way he feels on the monent) and fantasy changes. Vanessa, nicknamed "the violin bombshell" does not hesitate to play Bach in mini skirt and leather boots, and Mozart in tights and high heels. And on electric violin added to that. Jacques has his direct speach style and Vanessa is capable of Homerian (homer the greek god) anger. He does not follow fashion, and she does not ask better but to start new fashions.

Their precocity has only their talent as equals, talent by which they affirmed themselvs and the entousiasm that they manifest in their work. May it be on a scene or on a race track, we can be assured to live previleged moments in the presence of these prodigies. Both very flamboyant (blazing) in their respective work they are of absolute discretion and reservs when it comes to their secret gardens.

Jacques has lived 4 years of happyness with Sandrine Gros D'Aillon, the dauther of the editor Paul Gros D"aillon, and has very recently accepted to talk to the press about his relationsip. Everytime a reporter asked questions about his sentimental life,he wrinkled his eyebrows and slided the conversations to his car, his performances and his projects.

HER FIRST SERIOUS "FRIEND" (relationship conotation)
"Vanessa never had any boyfriend" confied a friend of the young woman. The 20 year old live only for music since the age of 5, and it is today that she savour her triumph. Her first album sold 4 million copies. But it is especially her concerts that attract the crowds. Already, 2 of her recitals have been recorded and oftens aired on the PBS network; Vanessa is currently ending the first stage of her european tour. We can imagine that in this flurry of music and travel the young prodigy does not have mutch time to devote to love. Jacques would then be her first serious "friend"

The two "love birds" would have met in singapour, birthplace of the young woman, last november. The driver with changing hairs was there to take part in a karts race. Was it "love at first sight" on one side or the other? No one can tell for sure, but Jacques, who has seen others, was not insensitive... to the curves on Vanessa. By "hear say" of a few observers, she would already have made Jacques forget about his bad performence in the 1998 formula 1 championship.

Jacques likes young woman that are "saines"(would translate to "well balanced" i belive), "sobre" (would translate to "reserved" with some variant), not affected and having a good sense of humor. Vanessa has an attraction for guys that are simple, warm, energic and having a musical ear. Not only does Jacques likes music, but he also plays, in dilettante, guitar and piano. Even better, both share a passion for skiing, skating and roller blades, sports that they practice at every possible occasion.

What does the future have in store for them? no one knows. Can we talk about impossible love? Their respective careers might often separate them. Concious of the ransom of glory, they know better then anyone else the price there is to pay. At the time of publication, no member of Jacques "entourage" would confirm the news. "Derniere Heure" will continue its inquiry.

-------- End Translation

French is a very subtile language, i did my best to translate it while keeping all the subtilities and "double meaning" in.

This paper is from a Variaty journal from Canada, that sells only on the province of Quebec. I obviously dont read that paper but I know most of their stuff is to report of local celebrities life ... like Jacques Villeneuve.

P.S. sorry for all the typos

Atre
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Well more or less what i thought already. No direct indication whre the rumour started and certainly no confirmation form either Vanessa-Mae or Jacques Villeneuve.

Thanks Artreides for the translation. A very valuable job! Thanks.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I believe it started here in the UK by the Sun Newspaper.
Whilst in the UK Jacques Villeneuve visited Vanessa-Mae at
her family home where they had dinner under the watchful
eye of her mother and minder.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

Hi,

Last week i met a canadian girl her name is Adrée and actually this was our conversation thema. And she told me that is true she was together with Villeneuve, also the girl said: "That's the reason why Vanessa Mae speak French"... hehe ok...

regards,

Jafit
Jafit González L. MD