Vanessa Mae given four-year ban from skiing

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Rov4ni

Vanessa Mae given four-year ban from skiing

Post by Rov4ni »

I can't believe what I just read... It's just so sad that Vanessa mae indeed was aware and directly involved in this scam.. Just a shame...

I wish We can hear any comments from her soon

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ ... s-26827367
CarrollTowerCX

Re: Vanessa Mae given four-year ban from skiing

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

See below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7CweV8bldk

It says her management; through the Thai Olympic Committee; arraigned it. Did she know? Did she suspect? Was she, herself, really involved?
She is such an intelligent person, she may have questioned the results in her own mind, but wanted it so much, that she said nothing?
This certainly tarnishes her stellar reputation.....tears!

I expect Vanessa-Mae, to again, say nothing.
Last edited by CarrollTowerCX on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Boys & Girls,

Regardless of all of the above, I REMAIN HER FAN FOR LIFE! For no one, but the Divine are perfect and never make an error in judgement.

CX
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

This is outrageous. This ban for manipulating results will ruin her reputation and career. I am deeply shocked and disappointed. Till now, I gave Vanessa-Mae the benefit of the doubt but I fear this accusation is true.

I will wait some time to see if Vanessa-Mae will comment on this.

But we discussed and coddled her in this forum as a nice and charming beautiful girl. Beautiful she will always be, but I can't be positive anymore if this is true.

I really consider deactivating my account and quit this forum; I probable will if this is not clarified! It will never be as before.

I really call upon Vanessa-Mae to comment on this issue.

As for now, she disgraced herself and the Olympic movement. She should never have done this; cheating is not done, no matter your ambitions and dreams.
Rashida

Post by Rashida »

Same here still remain her fan always will. I don't really know what to make of it all, some of the harsh comments I read about this was kinda uncomfortable for me but oh well.....
Rashida ~
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

I'm not terribly surprised to be honest. You don't become rich and famous in this world by doing things the right way. It doesn't really change my perception of her as I never knew her personally to begin with.
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

I don't really care about this, is not a surprise... most of the time the athletes cheat on the competitions or arrange them.. it seems they noticed it 'cause vanessa mae is always in the eye of the press... you know when you become into such a talented artist you get focused all the time...
Jafit González L. MD
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

Benji wrote:I'm not terribly surprised to be honest. You don't become rich and famous in this world by doing things the right way. It doesn't really change my perception of her as I never knew her personally to begin with.
I agree with you...
Jafit González L. MD
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

And I agree with you, Jafo!

CX
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I agree that there are a lot of cheaters out there; they are everywhere also among artists and athletes.

I was just hoping Vanessa-Mae was not one of them; that she was special somehow.

Call it naive, but now the magic is gone for me. Why like her especially if she is just like everyone else. There remains no reason to be active in this forum anymore now; why should I try to know everything about her if she is just someone average. I will always like her music but that is all there is.

I was hoping that the verdict of FIS would be that there is no real proof about manipulating results, and certainly not about her personal involvement. This hope appeared false.

This all is a very big deal for me; it is devastating.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Xanthippe wrote:I agree that there are a lot of cheaters out there; they are everywhere also among artists and athletes.

I was just hoping Vanessa-Mae was not one of them; that she was special somehow.

Call it naive, but now the magic is gone for me. Why like her especially if she is just like everyone else. There remains no reason to be active in this forum anymore now; why should I try to know everything about her if she is just someone average. I will always like her music but that is all there is.

I was hoping that the verdict of FIS would be that there is no real proof about manipulating results, and certainly not about her personal involvement. This hope appeared false.

The trap is that when a person becomes rich and famous, that person begins to think that he or she is deserving of special attention and consideration. They are no longer part of something greater than themselves; they begin to think THEY are great, and above the law. There's also the propensity of being arrogant and stubborn, and even unreasonable when things don't happen the way they want.

Most people are familiar with the biblical principle that love of money is the root of all evil. But it's not really the money that's the issue, is that money equals power.... and power corrupts. When a person has that much power, it rarely ends well. It changes the person's personality for the worse and can lead to pain and suffering.

I highly doubt she will comment on this issue as she doesn't have to, and will most likely be told by her attorneys and managers the same.

Does she owe her fans an explanation? I personally don't think so, but then again, I believe that everyone (individually) answers for what they've done in the end. (Romans 2:6)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Benji wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:I agree that there are a lot of cheaters out there; they are everywhere also among artists and athletes.

The trap is that when a person becomes rich and famous, that person begins to think that he or she is deserving of special attention and consideration. They are no longer part of something greater than themselves; they begin to think THEY are great, and above the law. There's also the propensity of being arrogant and stubborn, and even unreasonable when things don't happen the way they want.

Most people are familiar with the biblical principle that love of money is the root of all evil. But it's not really the money that's the issue, is that money equals power.... and power corrupts. When a person has that much power, it rarely ends well. It changes the person's personality for the worse and can lead to pain and suffering.

I highly doubt she will comment on this issue as she doesn't have to, and will most likely be told by her attorneys and managers the same.

Does she owe her fans an explanation? I personally don't think so, but then again, I believe that everyone (individually) answers for what they've done in the end. (Romans 2:6)

Does she owe us as fans an explanation? Of course not, but this does not change the fact that many would appreciate it.

I agree that money is power and that this changes people that possess a lot of it. It is however quite cynical to assume that all rich people are corrupt.

Naive of me? Maybe, but I lived in the hope that Vanessa-Mae was special and that person would not do something like this manipulation.

To be honest, I am deeply disappointed!!

Biblical considerations sound nice, but have no validity for a non-religious person like me.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

For me, this all depends on how she reacts in public to this issue and on her answers to our bday questions.

I am afraid that she will remain silent and will not give any comments, a seems to be her protocol in moments when her credibility is in doubt. In addition to this, I really wonder if we will get answers from her to our bday questions.

My view on her has changed, and it will never be the same as before. She lost credibility, and her undisputed reputation is ruined forever.

She will always be depicted in the media as the crossover star who cheated the Olympics and who played for a ruthless dictator in Chechnya.

She has 21 days to file an appeal to this FIS verdict. After that, her name and results will probable be erased by the Olympic Committee. And isn't she member of an Olympic debate group work group for Culture. I wonder if she can continue her membership on that now.

I will wait with my final position on this till after 21 days and give it a time for her to comment on our questions.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Her name will be erased from the list of participants and results, if the ban holds in the appeal case, see:

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2014/1 ... ne-skiing/

http://en.europeonline-magazine.eu/viol ... 64815.html

Also, she has not taken part in any meeting of the culture group yet, but chairman of the IOC Bach has not considered to remove her name from the group yet.