RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.
User avatar
CarrollTowerCX
Moderator
Posts: 1190
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:40 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Hello Boys & Girls,

As I am sure you know, October 27th, is Our Violin Princesses 37th birthday. You may be wondering what is happening. Well Xanthippe has relinquished the birthday greetings from VMF. I have picked up the standard and am in charge of it this year. I was given all the pertinent information to make contact with her official office. I have spoken to her Personal Assistant, Giles Holland, and made arrangements for our 2015 greetings and gift to be passed onward to her.

Because of pressing business at home this year, I was unable to start early, and ask for questions, etc from our members as is usual. Of this I am very sorry. But what I have done is to send her a very nice Birthday Card and a great gift from all of us to her. As a matter of fact, it was sent via FEDEX today, to be delivered to Giles Holland on October 21st. This should allow him time to forward it to Vanessa in time for her Birthday.

At the end if this post I will show you the card and gift. The gift, by the way is her October Birthstone, in the form of a Very nice Opal Necklace.

Now as you are aware, we have not received and answer to our 2014 Birthday Greeting and the answers to our questions. But I am sure you can forgive her because of all of the tension and aggravation that she has been through for all those months because of her court battle to clear her name and reputation. So everyone, please forgive her for this.

Now we do wish Vanessa-Mae a very Happy 37th Birthday from all of us to her.

CX

Imageimg633 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

Imageimg630 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

ImageAC-DC-4130 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr
KKK
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by KKK »

CarrollTowerCX wrote:
Now as you are aware, we have not received and answer to our 2014 Birthday Greeting and the answers to our questions. But I am sure you can forgive her because of all of the tension and aggravation that she has been through for all those months because of her court battle to clear her name and reputation. So everyone, please forgive her for this.
Apparently, you forgive her and that is very nice.

But we should really ask ourselves the question whether she didn't have the opportunity to spend maybe a 30 minutes somewhere along the line to answer our questions if she really wanted to. Let's face it, the CAS hearing was 6 months ago and the verdict was announced half of June. And after all, in 2013 it took her already 11 months before she provided us her feedback.

I think it is simply not on her priority and to do list anymore.

For me, I do not blame her and there is really nothing to forgive; I am only disappointed. Not answering is Vanessa-Mae's legitimate choice.
zeta
**VMF Guru**
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:40 am
Location: Spain

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by zeta »

I absolutly agree with you.
There is nothing to forgive her, because she has done whatever she has wanted, so, it's ok.
I think what KKK says is true and there is no way she wasn't be able to have a while to answer "her fans" a lines in a little sheet, after giving her gifts, or even buying cds, etc...
But, I dont think this birthday card represents me (at least) or some of us in this year; after not having any news from her in the last year, I think there is no need to do it over again.
I thought she would recognize our endeavour in some way, to keep her alive... after all, fans are those who support celebrities, and that is what I call the chain; if there is no audience there is no music. In my opinión, she would have more concerts if she took care of people who love her music.
It's a bit weird that a reknown musician has more events to attend just to be there, than performing itself.
I just hope she is happy, and if she has decided not to have any kind of contact with persons who has listened to her music from many time ago, there is nothing to say, so thumb up.
User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by Benji »

CarrollTowerCX wrote: Because of pressing business at home this year, I was unable to start early, and ask for questions, etc from our members as is usual. Of this I am very sorry. But what I have done is to send her a very nice Birthday Card and a great gift from all of us to her. As a matter of fact, it was sent via FEDEX today, to be delivered to Giles Holland on October 21st. This should allow him time to forward it to Vanessa in time for her Birthday.
Carroll, if you had time constraints, the proper thing to do is to let the forum members know well in advance so others could help with the birthday project. Let's be candid here, that's really YOUR personal birthday present and card to Vanessa-Mae.

I am thoroughly dismayed that you didn't say anything until AFTER you've sent your gift.
KKK
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by KKK »

Benji wrote:
Carroll, if you had time constraints, the proper thing to do is to let the forum members know well in advance so others could help with the birthday project. Let's be candid here, that's really YOUR personal birthday present and card to Vanessa-Mae.

I am thoroughly dismayed that you didn't say anything until AFTER you've sent your gift.
Be reasonable Benji! I am really surprised by your comments. You have never been part of the bday projects.so what is bothering you now?
User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by Benji »

KKK wrote:
Benji wrote:
Carroll, if you had time constraints, the proper thing to do is to let the forum members know well in advance so others could help with the birthday project. Let's be candid here, that's really YOUR personal birthday present and card to Vanessa-Mae.

I am thoroughly dismayed that you didn't say anything until AFTER you've sent your gift.
Be reasonable Benji! I am really surprised by your comments. You have never been part of the bday projects.so what is bothering you now?
My lack of involvement is immaterial as it doesn't change the fact that there are others here who would like to have participated. As I stated, if there was time constraint issues, the proper thing to do would be to let others here know so they could help. Instead, it seems he couldn't be bothered and made unilateral decisions without any input from anyone.

He used the contact information you gave him as a way to reach out to his favorite artist. I'm guessing that's not how this information was supposed to be used.
KKK
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by KKK »

Benji wrote:

He used the contact information you gave him as a way to reach out to his favorite artist. I'm guessing that's not how this information was supposed to be used.
Still my question, why is this bothering you? I am sure Carroll is acting with the best intentions.

If this is such a big thing, others can ask these questions; if not, no one apparently bothers.
User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by Benji »

KKK wrote:
Benji wrote:

He used the contact information you gave him as a way to reach out to his favorite artist. I'm guessing that's not how this information was supposed to be used.
Still my question, why is this bothering you? I am sure Carroll is acting with the best intentions.

If this is such a big thing, others can ask these questions; if not, no one apparently bothers.
I'm not sure if I agree with your assertion he's acting with the best intentions, but that's neither here or there.

It doesn't have to bother me to ask a fairly obvious question; so I ask you, why shouldn't I ask?
User avatar
CarrollTowerCX
Moderator
Posts: 1190
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:40 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Benji & Others,

Sorry everyone for the way this was handled this year. It was my first time to do the Birthday Greeting.
Yes I should have enlisted everyone's help but time was running out and it did cost me almost $100 to get the package there with time for Giles to forward it to Vanessa-Mae.

As for the gift being personally from me, well, I have handled the gift purchasing for the last four years now. So if Xanthippe was still handling it, the gift would have been the same.

I will certainly see that things are different next year, and advise everyone what is happening in time .
I will ask for everyone's input before sending things off.

So, sorry again for the way it was handled this year, and I did not intent to offend anyone. I just did not want this year to go buy without something from VMF.

CX
KKK
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by KKK »

Benji wrote:

I'm not sure if I agree with your assertion he's acting with the best intentions, but that's neither here or there.

It doesn't have to bother me to ask a fairly obvious question; so I ask you, why shouldn't I ask?

I never said that you can't ask the question. Every member is free to bring all issues to the table. The point is that you never showed any interest in the birthday projects and that fact fact made me feel surprised to see you replying in this topic.

BTW, I can''t recall that you ever said something nice about Vanessa-Mae in this forum, and that is OK. We are all free to express being a fan in our own way!

However, reading the quote above, makes me feel that this is more about your eagerness in questioning someones integrity than about addressing a procedure that might be disadvantageous to some of the members.
changing worlds
Site Admin
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by changing worlds »

I don't moderate here anymore. I rarely do admin stuff too. Just pointing out that conversations are starting to get ugly. The rest is up to you.
User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by Benji »

KKK wrote:
Benji wrote:

I'm not sure if I agree with your assertion he's acting with the best intentions, but that's neither here or there.

It doesn't have to bother me to ask a fairly obvious question; so I ask you, why shouldn't I ask?

I never said that you can't ask the question. Every member is free to bring all issues to the table. The point is that you never showed any interest in the birthday projects and that fact fact made me feel surprised to see you replying in this topic.

BTW, I can''t recall that you ever said something nice about Vanessa-Mae in this forum, and that is OK. We are all free to express being a fan in our own way!

However, reading the quote above, makes me feel that this is more about your eagerness in questioning someones integrity than about addressing a procedure that might be disadvantageous to some of the members.
You are correct that I did question Carroll's integrity regarding this matter. He has said his piece and now I consider the matter closed.
KKK
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by KKK »

The matter is closed for me too, but we should not openly question another members integrity in a friendly forum like this. It is not something to be proud of and you should reconsider your attitude.

Just my opinion and speaking from personal experience too!!
User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by Benji »

KKK wrote:The matter is closed for me too, but we should not openly question another members integrity in a friendly forum like this. It is not something to be proud of and you should reconsider your attitude.

Just my opinion and speaking from personal experience too!!
I disagree; if I feel a member has done something inappropriate, I will call it out. That's how it is.
KKK
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by KKK »

Benji, you are an extremely arrogant and unfriendly person. Your complete lack of empathy towards others feelings and ideas, as well as your constant unwillingness to even consider the honesty in others their opinions and views are really appalling!

You should not be here. If this was my forum, I would have suspended your membership already years ago!
Post Reply