RE: THE PREFORMANCE IN CROCUS CITY HALL 12-12-15

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

CarrollTowerCX

RE: THE PREFORMANCE IN CROCUS CITY HALL 12-12-15

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Hello Girls and Boys,

That was a great video that Zeta posted of our Violin Princess at the Crocus City Hall Concert of December 12, 2015.
The first thing that I noticed, was she was not wearing high heels. Instead she wore Tennies or Doc Martins! I think they were Tennies though.
That was also a very nice dress that we have not seen before with a new silver belt. Besides her band, there was a regular Orchestra with it's own Conductor.

What has become of her Guitar player that she has used for about twenty years? There is a younger musician holding down that job recently.

I liked the two new songs that Vanessa played, "I See Time" and "L'Anamour". Do you think they may be a precursor to her long awaited new album ? I hope so!

CX
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Re: RE: THE PREFORMANCE IN CROCUS CITY HALL 12-12-15

Post by zeta »

Is "I see time" a composition by any author?...
Otherwise, It doesn't fit at all her dress with tennis :) ......but it has to be confortable at the same time, at least she can run as she did :)
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Zeta,

Yesterday I tried to find the composer of "I See Time", and have not found the person yet. I am still going to look later today.

I also noticed that Vanessa was able to move more easily while wearing the tennies.

We now have three complete concerts from Crocus City Hall. The videographer is getting better each year in recording these events.

This certainly is a great video. Thanks again for posting it.

CX
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

I thanked the videographer on the YT page for all his/her work and linked the forum in case if he or she decides to join. I just hope the videographer understands English. Anyone here fluent in Russian just in case?
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Sorry, no Russian speaker here, though I am currently reading the new bio of Vladimir Putin, "The New Tsar".

But putting that aside, another thing that I noticed in this years video, was the fact that Vanessa-Mae's lovely dress had been cut for wearing with high heels. I wonder why the low tennis shoes this time?

CX
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

When she is wearing something "doesn't match at all her outfit"... it's 'cause she's enjoying what she's doing... It seems we won't wait too long for a new album... also.. playing a whole version of red hot makes me feel she's no more under pressure...

Regards..

Jafo!
Jafit González L. MD
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

ImageAC-DC-4131 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr
KKK

Post by KKK »

As usual at concerts, Vanessa-Mae's face is heavily made up., recognize the smooth complexion with some blush, blue line of shadow and excess of red lipstick.

For more photos of the concert, see http://www.crocus-hall.ru/en/photos/vanessamae2015#

BTW, the two new song sound nice but certainly no more than that. let''s us hope these are not an indication about the average quality of songs on a possible new album. It would be far below expectations. Moreover, these are not new songs but only covers.

BTW, I am still convinced that we will never see a new album of her again!
jascka

Post by jascka »

OMG!! What a lovely pic! ImageImage

Thanks! ;)
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Hello Kx3,

Thanks for the link to those great Vanessa-Mae photos.

CX
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

Artists use to record a song first, put it in one album and then perform in concert...it doesnt seem to be part of a new album.