John aka CarrollTowerCX

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

xanthippe2

Re: John aka CarrollTowerCX

Post by xanthippe2 »

zeta wrote: With regard to what you've said about she'd do the same...well, if you don't know, you don't know. So, please, I think you should be more careful in this accusation, when you mention it, because maybe there are people who think better.
Zeta, you are right. We can't possible say that someone will do the same thing again until someone really did it again. But the fact is that Vanessa-Mae did nothing regarding self-reflection, and this makes me feel unease at this! On the other hand, it is possible that she came to the conclusion that she should not have done these tournaments, but simple does not want to admit this in public.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

xanthippe2 wrote:
Benji wrote:
Yes, but you sent that information to John, presumably by email, and most e-mail hosts keep copies of e-mails sent ...
Yes that is true but I do not think an email-host will share it with you due to privacy rules. They only keep the records because the law makes them to do so to serve the authorities.

Good luck anyway.
You still have those records though. Every time you send an email, a copy is stored in your 'sent' folder. It's just the matter of going back and looking for the one you sent to John that has the contact information.
xanthippe2

Post by xanthippe2 »

Benji wrote:
You still have those records though. Every time you send an email, a copy is stored in your 'sent' folder. It's just the matter of going back and looking for the one you sent to John that has the contact information.
Last edited by xanthippe2 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

xanthippe2 wrote:
Benji wrote:
You didn't listen to me, as you never did! No, I don't have it. I clean up my web email from time to time so it is not there, and also my own mail boxes. Moreover, I had two computer crashes the past 1.5 years that made my lose all my old emails.

I deleted all my files regarding Vanessa-Mae since I had no interests in keeping it.
First, cut the attitude. You originally said that you deleted all your contacts involving Vanessa-Mae, but said nothing of the emails you sent John. So, yes I was listening. Anyways, you've made it clear you don't have it, so there's that.

It's somewhat ironic that you've went from one extreme to the other. For years, you were obsessed with Vanessa-Mae to a fault. It seems that during that time, you had this image of her that frankly even Vanessa herself couldn't live up to, and now you can't stand the thought of her.

Then you make these assumptions based on opinion and conjecture instead of fact. For instance, you said:
xanthippe2 wrote:In the end, it is what you do with your mistakes. Vanessa-Mae hasn't shown even the slightest doubt or remorse about her actions. I am pretty sure she would do it again if in the same position.
How do you know how she feels? Does she owe an obligation to the public to discuss what really is a private matter? Not only that, you said with conviction that she would do it again if in the same position. I didn't know you were like God and can read a person's heart ..

So this image of Vanessa has went from she can't do any wrong to she can't do any right.

In the end, none of us should judge, as it's not our place to. Not only that, a wise man once said to forgive your brother not seven times, but seventy-seven times; making the point that forgiveness is not a one-time deal.

You want to disassociate yourself from anything related to Vanessa is your call to make. However, stop trying to say that your decision was rational, when really your decision is based on your irrational image of her that was dashed to pieces. That's certainly not fair, nor is it her fault.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

This is very sad to read. I remember how passionate he was to join and become very active.
I think he is the third fan that I have met that I believe has passed on.