Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Benji » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:02 pm

If so, please send me a private message.

Thanks!

Picnic
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Picnic » Sat May 11, 2019 10:51 am

Did anyone respond so far?

User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Benji » Sat May 11, 2019 11:57 am

None so far. There's still time..

zeta
VMF Elite
Posts: 491
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:40 am
Location: Spain

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by zeta » Thu May 16, 2019 1:57 pm

I know this is not from this topic, but it would have been great if they would have played together.
Attachments
20190516_140202.jpg
20190516_140202.jpg (333.98 KiB) Viewed 660 times

zeta
VMF Elite
Posts: 491
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:40 am
Location: Spain

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by zeta » Sun May 26, 2019 11:06 am

No new music...
Attachments
20190526_130054.jpg
20190526_130054.jpg (280.43 KiB) Viewed 630 times

Picnic
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Picnic » Sun May 26, 2019 11:44 am

zeta wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:06 am
No new music...
As expected, why would it be different? She hasn't produced anything new since 2004! Even her dresses at concerts are from her collection these days- see the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2XT8hXuU-g

User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Benji » Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 pm

Thanks zeta for the concert track list! Yes, I'm a bit sad that we didn't see any new material, but she says it IS in the works. We just have to be patient ...

Perhaps we'll see something in the fall ..

Picnic
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Picnic » Thu May 30, 2019 10:55 am

Benji wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 pm
Thanks zeta for the concert track list! Yes, I'm a bit sad that we didn't see any new material, but she says it IS in the works. We just have to be patient ...

Perhaps we'll see something in the fall ..
Well, I do not believe her, and I have reasons for this.

First, her last album is 15 yrs ago. And she is telling us ever since then that she will start working on a new album. But she never did. Why should it be different this time! Second, she has no record company anymore. Moreover, she has no internet presence whatsoever, no Facebook, Instagram or personal website!. How is she going to release a new album without all this?? Third, she has abandoned her loyal fan base for the most part - no concerts in the UK, Netherlands, Germany, France, South America, Asia and so on. She only highlights concerts mostly in Eastern European countries, probable on special invitations allowing her to make large profits.

Of course, this all are her legitimate choices to make, it is her career and she is entitled to form it as she chooses. But she better stop promising things she is not going to deliver. Despite her words, there are no reports or any other signs, that she is working on a new album. She is not reported to team up with composers, or seen at recording studios, or whatever.

You mention in your blog that she answered to us that she is working on a new album, but if you read her answer then it is really nothing more than words. You are making a very optimistic interpretation of these words.

User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Benji » Thu May 30, 2019 6:44 pm

Picnic wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:55 am
Benji wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 pm
Thanks zeta for the concert track list! Yes, I'm a bit sad that we didn't see any new material, but she says it IS in the works. We just have to be patient ...

Perhaps we'll see something in the fall ..
Well, I do not believe her, and I have reasons for this.

First, her last album is 15 yrs ago. And she is telling us ever since then that she will start working on a new album. But she never did. Why should it be different this time! Second, she has no record company anymore. Moreover, she has no internet presence whatsoever, no Facebook, Instagram or personal website!. How is she going to release a new album without all this?? Third, she has abandoned her loyal fan base for the most part - no concerts in the UK, Netherlands, Germany, France, South America, Asia and so on. She only highlights concerts mostly in Eastern European countries, probable on special invitations allowing her to make large profits.

Of course, this all are her legitimate choices to make, it is her career and she is entitled to form it as she chooses. But she better stop promising things she is not going to deliver. Despite her words, there are no reports or any other signs, that she is working on a new album. She is not reported to team up with composers, or seen at recording studios, or whatever.

You mention in your blog that she answered to us that she is working on a new album, but if you read her answer then it is really nothing more than words. You are making a very optimistic interpretation of these words.
I disagree with some of what you've said. I've read every single answer she has submitted, and the most recent is the first time she has directly affirmed that she's working on a new project. Not only that, but she promised specifically that there will be new music. If you find something to the contrary, please let me know. Vanessa-Mae has never had an internet presence. She simply has no interest in it, but she does have a PR person that obviously helps her book concerts and the like. I'm a bit more optimistic because her newest representative is way more forthcoming and engaging. He promised to keep in touch with me, and has done just that.

Has she "abandoned" her fanbase? I don't think so. Let me remind you that she has answered every single question we've posed to her over the past 16 years. The fact that she has not performed in certain countries has more to do with her popularity more than anything else. When she does release an album, I expect her to do a promotional tour in the the U.K. and other countries as she did previously. The fact that she has no record label or announced collaborations is inconsequential. She's extremely wealthy, so finding a label and a recording studio should not pose any issues. In the past, she doesn't usually announce collaborations she's done (e.g. Janet Jackson, Prince, etc).

Picnic
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Picnic » Thu May 30, 2019 7:48 pm

Benji wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 pm

I disagree with some of what you've said. I've read every single answer she has submitted, and the most recent is the first time she has directly affirmed that she's working on a new project. Not only that, but she promised specifically that there will be new music. If you find something to the contrary, please let me know. Vanessa-Mae has never had an internet presence. She simply has no interest in it, but she does have a PR person that obviously helps her book concerts and the like. I'm a bit more optimistic because her newest representative is way more forthcoming and engaging. He promised to keep in touch with me, and has done just that.

Has she "abandoned" her fanbase? I don't think so. Let me remind you that she has answered every single question we've posed to her over the past 16 years. The fact that she has not performed in certain countries has more to do with her popularity more than anything else. When she does release an album, I expect her to do a promotional tour in the the U.K. and other countries as she did previously. The fact that she has no record label or announced collaborations is inconsequential. She's extremely wealthy, so finding a label and a recording studio should not pose any issues. In the past, she doesn't usually announce collaborations she's done (e.g. Janet Jackson, Prince, etc).
It is OK to disagree, of course.

Her recent answer is as follows:

2) Any news on a new album? If not, could you tell us what style(s) of music that it would encompass?

Literally no musical style is off limits! Crossover music is so wonderful in helping free inhibitions and create fantastical worlds, for both the artist and the listener. I hope in my way to do some good with my new music. Now I have some more time to dedicate to music I am excited to explore a lot of new avenues in the near future. Fresh songs are promised and will be delivered!


She only mentions that she has time to dedicate to new music and that she is excited to explore new avenues in the near future. Sorry, but I can't possible jump to the conclusion from this that she is now working on a new album. It is simple not what she is saying. Yes, she makes a promise, but has yet to deliver on that. Promises are only words and not results

I remember that in the process of Choreography there was an article on her teaming up with Walter Taieb, Rahman and Vangelis. True, it was shortly before the release but there are simple no reports on it now. The same holds for Subject To Change. Also, the media reported already that she was working on Storm and China Girl during Classical album 1. True again, the absence of such reports does not mean she is not working on something right now, only that there is nothing to confirm it.

Of course, she can sign to a new record label. The fact that she is rich means nothing to a record label; they judge at potential sales.

Did she abandon her fan base. This forum is 2 or 3 people. I should hope her fan base is more than that. Yes, she did abandon, or at least neglect, her fan base in all those countries I mentioned. She hasn't been there since almost 10 yrs.

There is nothing out there to conclude that she is working on a new album. And sorry, I can not read it in her words. But if you're optimistic, that is fine by me!

User avatar
Benji
Site Admin
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:31 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Benji » Thu May 30, 2019 8:09 pm

Picnic wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:48 pm
Benji wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:44 pm
Picnic wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:55 am


I disagree with some of what you've said. I've read every single answer she has submitted, and the most recent is the first time she has directly affirmed that she's working on a new project. Not only that, but she promised specifically that there will be new music. If you find something to the contrary, please let me know. Vanessa-Mae has never had an internet presence. She simply has no interest in it, but she does have a PR person that obviously helps her book concerts and the like. I'm a bit more optimistic because her newest representative is way more forthcoming and engaging. He promised to keep in touch with me, and has done just that.

Has she "abandoned" her fanbase? I don't think so. Let me remind you that she has answered every single question we've posed to her over the past 16 years. The fact that she has not performed in certain countries has more to do with her popularity more than anything else. When she does release an album, I expect her to do a promotional tour in the the U.K. and other countries as she did previously. The fact that she has no record label or announced collaborations is inconsequential. She's extremely wealthy, so finding a label and a recording studio should not pose any issues. In the past, she doesn't usually announce collaborations she's done (e.g. Janet Jackson, Prince, etc).
It is OK to disagree, of course.

Her recent answer is as follows:

2) Any news on a new album? If not, could you tell us what style(s) of music that it would encompass?

Literally no musical style is off limits! Crossover music is so wonderful in helping free inhibitions and create fantastical worlds, for both the artist and the listener. I hope in my way to do some good with my new music. Now I have some more time to dedicate to music I am excited to explore a lot of new avenues in the near future. Fresh songs are promised and will be delivered!


She only mentions that she has time to dedicate to new music and that she is excited to explore new avenues in the near future. Sorry, but I can't possible jump to the conclusion from this that she is now working on a new album. It is simple not what she is saying.

I remember that in the process of Choreography there was an article on her teaming up with Walter Taieb, Rahman and Vangelis. True, it was shortly before the release but there are simple no reports on it now. The same holds for Subject To Change. Also, the media reported already that she was working on Storm and China Girl during Classical album 1. True again, the absence of such reports does not mean she is not working on something right now, only that there is nothing to confirm it.

Of course, she can sign to a new record label. The fact that she is rich means nothing to a record label; they judge at potential sales.

There is nothing out there to conclude that she is working on a new album. And sorry, I can not read it in her words. But if you're optimistic, that is fine by me!
I think there's credible reasons to believe she's actively working on a new album. In her response you've quoted, she stated "Now I have some time to dedicate to music I am excited to explore a lot of avenues in the near future ..." but you left out the last sentence where she says "Fresh songs are promised and will be delivered!" She has stated in her previous replies that skiing was a passion she was aggressively pursuing. In fact, I've been reading her replies over the past several years, and it's apparent that this was indeed the case. She mentions quite a bit about her journey trying to qualify for the olympics. Now, because of the dangers of not being able to perform as a violinist due to the injuries she's suffered, that part of her life looks to be done. In fact, back in 2014 she stated "I have been writing songs and making plans but then my last year was paralysed by the FIS...."

I understand if you don't believe her, but she is making it clear that music is now at the forefront of her endeavors. This is definitely the first time she's said that in several years.

Picnic
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Picnic » Thu May 30, 2019 10:24 pm

Well, time will tell, I guess.

For years, I was really looking forward to a new album but these days I am not so much anymore. Perhaps that is part of why I am very skeptical: I simple don't care so much anymore, to be honest.

zeta
VMF Elite
Posts: 491
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:40 am
Location: Spain

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by zeta » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:48 pm

I agree with Picnic...she's been saying that a long time ago...and neither she doesn't have answered our letters some years (you can check in the forum).
What's new is that she ALREADY updated her official website, see:

www.vanessamaeofficial.com

Picnic
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Are you going to Vanessa's concert in Budapest in May?

Post by Picnic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:45 pm

The new website is only active quite recently, as I've checked it not so long ago. And she now present on social media, I noticed.

Before 2014, prior to the Sochi Olympic Games, I would have been very excited but now, I will not consume all the info on the website, nor will I join the mailing list or follow/like her on Facebook, and so on!

Well, we'll see what comes out of it. I remain skeptic but, you never can tell! The site looks nice, great picture of her.

Post Reply