VM Press Conference in HK - An unforgettable experience for a fan!

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

daisyhill
VMF Reg

Post by daisyhill »

Dear all,

I attended her Press Conference today from 2pm to 3:30pm in the Oasis Room of the 5 star Renaissance Harbour View Hotel just next to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre where tomorrow's concert would be held :laugh: :D :laugh:

As a fan, I was so honoured and thrilled to be there. I must give special credits to the Salesperson of EMI-HK for letting me contact her concert organizer who is also a very nice lady indeed. I asked her a few weeks ago if she would admit me to the conference and I promised not to disturb Vanessa. She gave me an email on Sunday saying she would invite me to the conference on the condition that I could not tell anyone before hand cos I would be the only fan allowed. So, I couldn't even tell Ray. Sorry.

I arrived at the function room at 1:15pm. Had a small chat with the organizer. Since they were still setting up the function room, she asked me to wait in the hotel lobby and return at 2pm. When I went back, there were already a lot of media people there. Lots of video cameras too. I was given a Press Folder at the reception desk. I was allowed to sit anywhere I liked, so I took a seat behind her musicians. There were about seven musicians present. They didn't play any music but took a group picture with Vanessa when she arrived later. At about 2:20pm, the MC gave a brief introduction on Vanessa and tomorrow's concert. We were shown 2 video clips: her part of the taiwan concert we've seen on the web, and also her Rado 2000 concert in Basel, Switzerland. Since Rado is the title sponsor of her concert, their executive came on stage to give his speech promoting the Rado "Sintra" 18K gold and diamond watches. When Vanessa arrived, he presented her one with her name engraved at the back and put on her wrist.

Obviously, Vanessa looked awesome as usual. Wow, she is slim and tiny. Her waist must be 23". I'm not tall and big but she is even more petite than I have ever thought. She was wearing high heel boots, tight jeans, and a bright red top with her midriff exposed. She had heavy makeup too. She talked very nicely, a bit shy at first. Before Vanessa turned up, the MC said she arrived in HK very early this morning and was still tired, so they wanted to limit the questions section to only a few minutes, then followed by some one-to-one interviews pre-scheduled.

Believe me, I was so excited and nervous I couldn't really hear anything, just trying to take as many pictures as I could. Sometimes, I was blocked by the camera men so I had to move around like a journalist. Worse than that, it was the first time I used this camera and my hands were so shaky you know. I hope the photos would turn out fine. She was less than 2.5 m away from me. Some people asked her to comment on Bond. She admitted that they were doing similar things that she had already done. But she does not perceive it as competitions. Someone also asked her about modelling. Well, we knew her answers already. The MC asked if there would be fireworks at her concert. She said she had no idea! She would use a silver zeta for this concert. She might have a concert with Glay in China in October.

While the one-to-one exclusive interviews were going on, other press people were not allowed to take pictures and we could hardly hear the conversations. Some questions were quite standard though, like, her feelings towards HK, any local artists she knows or would want to collaborate with, whether she thinks her music is too commercial etc.

I had a small chat with her assistant but he didn't seem to know much about the website. When all the interviews were done, they again took some pictures at the Rado booth (with the diamond watches of course). She seemed to be in a hurry to leave so I didn't approach her. I gave her a box of chocolates and a card through her assistant. On behalf of this forum, I have wished her all the success and happiness in her Asian Tour and throughout the year. Though I didn't have a chance to speak to her, I'm still happy. Couldn't ask for more right?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Wow Daisy, what an experience. I would have been so nervous too. I envy you so much.

Our Vanessa-Mae was about 2.5 meters away form you.!!

Can you tell something more on her make-up. What about her eyes and lips. I absolutely wish that I had seen it!!

The red shirt? Was it the same as she was wearing at the Trafalgar Square show?

I hope to see the pics as soon as possible.

Wow, what an exprience!!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

BTW, what about her hair??
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Daisy,

One more question about the clip of her Rado concert in Basel 2000. Was this the performance where she received the new Rado watch? We have seen some pictures oif this event; Vanessa-Mae is wearing that gorgeous pinky shin through shirt.
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Daisy,

Lucky you!!!!!! :D
Wish I could have been a fly on the wall.

Hope we can see the pictures sometime.
Haboek :smokin:
daisyhill
VMF Reg

Post by daisyhill »

Hey guys, the photos are not too bad given that I'm not a pro :;): The camera is only an automatic one. The flash is not powerful enough for some photos. I'll try to scan a few tonite. I have more than 50 pictures so it would take much time, probably days man!

Hi Rijko, she was not wearing the same red t-shirt as in London but the jeans looked familiar. Her makeup does not look heavy in the photos but quite heavy to me when I looked from such a close distance. Her lips were as red as her top. Her hair is the longest I've ever seen on her. Yes, it was the Rado concert where she was wearing a filmsy pink top. They showed this clip to illustrate that her collaboration with Rado dated back to 2000. Could you please send me (to my broadband address please) a link where I could upload the photos? I have nowhere to put them.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Thanks for all the information. I am so happy for you that you have been there at ther press confrence.

It is somewhat strange that Vanessa-Mae is dressed quite casual in jeans and a simple top, yet wearing heavy a makeup showing and indicating that so much care and attention is taken with face. I like it very much seeing it on her.

Can you make a zipfile of the photos? I that case, you can upload the zip file to BARS at:

http://mirror.fwn.rug.nl/upload/upload.html

Otherwise you can stall them in a photo album at the Yahoo club.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Was this article/picture from the conference?

http://asia.cnn.com/2002....ex.html
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Joe,

It is indeed a photo made the press conference in Hong Kong today.

I have received the first 5 photos form Daisy. I will zip them and put them onto BARS. I will post the link within 30min.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

OK here is a link to a zip file with the first 6 photos made by Daisy:

http://mirror.fwn.rug.nl/bars....2_1.zip

The file stays there for 2 weeks.

I think the phots are really very good. Well done Daisy!!!!!

Vanessa-Mae looks really great there in her red shirt and blue jeans and long black hair. I like her make-up very much: it it gives her a very distinguished looks and she remains so natural with it. Her full red lips are so nice with the red shirt. I think it is very beautiful.
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

Gosh you was so close to her - lucky Daisy!! I love to read that kind of stories! That's a real fan experience - thanks for sharing it with us! And the pictures are great - they are pretty unique isn't it..
I hope you will have a good time at the concert Daisy..Good luck! :)
Gatis
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Yes Daisy, have fun at the concert of our Vanessa-Mae tomorrow.

I am sure that you will have a great evening and I hope for some nice stories.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

This CNN page also has a picture of Vanessa-Mae:

http://asia.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/
daisyhill
VMF Reg

Post by daisyhill »

Yes Joe, the Associated Press was there in the Conference. They were one of those who had a one-to-one interview with Vanessa. Here are some more pictures in the press:
http://search.news.yahoo.com/search....=1&hs=9
http://appledaily.atnext.com/templat....2839590
http://www.stareastnet.com/tc/sp/200209 ... 12285.html
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Here is a link to the second file with some of Daisy's photos:

http://mirror.fwn.rug.nl/bars....2_2.zip

I am so impressed by Vanessa-Mae's spectacular red lips.

Hey Daisy, was there a security around during the press conference? And were there any tv camera teams?