Classic Rock Violin - ...vanessa?

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Hey guys,

I was searchin and came across this "Classic Rock Violin" CD (maybe someones discussed this b4, but its new for me). Its Vanessa with a Symphony, some of her stuff, and a few others like Beethovens 5th, Flight of the Bumblebee etc.. I was wonderin if anybody had this CD, and if so, what you thought of it. I downloaded a few MP3's from it and they sound OK, not that great, very synthesized. I kinda think that Vanessa (if she is the REAL player on these tracks) went into the studio and did a rush job on recording her parts, the tracks just dont seem to be the greatest of quality (not due to the encoding, im speaking from the actual mixing aspect).
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Kevin,

I have seen some of this before quite some time ago. Can you give us the link? Can't remember what was on it!!

I don't think that it is an official cd. Maybe they mixed Vanessa-Mae's violin with other orchestral sounds. She certainly has not been in the studio for this.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Rijko,

I've found this, what do you think?
Classic Rock Violin is performed by
Vanessa-Mae and the Starlite Rock Orchestra?
Available at:
Amazon (UK)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec....5296475

The Ultra Music Store (US)
http://www.ultramusicstore.com/artist/maevanessa.htm

The Amazon link has a track preveiw whilst Ultra Music mentions Vanessa-Mae.

Track Listing:
1. Toccata And Fugue 2. Beethoven's 5th
3. March Of The Toreadors 4. Prld in C
5. Rondo Alla Turca 6. Double Vn
7. Paganini's Caprice 8. Queen Of Sheba
9. Brandenburg Con No.3 10. Mozart 40
11. Flight Of The Bumble Bee
12. Con in A 13. Four Seasons: Spring
14. Pachelbel's Canon 15. A Little Night Music

???
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

Hmm, I think I have that cd in mp3, I will see if I could find it!

but cd's in this "shop" http://www.ultramusicstore.com/artist/maevanessa.htm
are all 100% bootlegs!
Gatis
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Gatis is right with regards to bootlegs. I too don't trust this at all. Look at the track listing. Our Vanessa-Mae has never played most of this these tracks, only T&F, Paganini's Caprice - her own special arrangement for RH tour - and Four Seasons Spring. I downloaded the audio fragment of T&F (at the amazon site) and strongly doubt whether it is really Vanessa-Mae. Annyway, the sound quality is very very very poor!!

I wouldn't order any of these cds!!
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

I must say that even though Vanessa has never performed these pieces, whoever the violinist is on these tracks, playing style is similar to Vanessa's (not speaking of the fusion of classical and pop) I'm speaking of articulation, vibrato etc...
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Track no3 in the amazon link at

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec....6490210

is the part of the Carmen Fantasy that I am referring to in the topic on the topic found in this forum at

http://www.vanessamae.org/cgi-bin....1;t=136

Who is the composer? Is it part of the Carmen Fantasy? It is not in the version of Vanessa-Mae as it is on her debut cd and on disc 3 of the Classical Collection.

Maybe the sound of the violinist resembles Vanessa-Mae somehow, but the quality of the recording is really horrible!!
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Hello, and !!! Be Warned !!!
The CD's at the site mentioned in some of the above posts which are available at The Ultra Music Store http://www.ultramusicstore.com/artist/maevanessa.htm
are not officially sanctioned CD's but are actually illegally produced CD's manufactured in one of the former Soviet Republics. There are many sites selling these and many other artists but they are all illegal product. They show up regularly on eBay as I'm sure most of you have noticed too.

Even the CD amazon is offering (much to my surprise) is an illegal product.

Just thought you all should know.
I own several. Some are just fine but many others have a variety of problems,.. primarily they never bothered to normalized the volume level across the tracks some some tracks play too quiet whils others are very loud. Also booklets are typically non existant, the cover is most often a single onesided sheet.

You'd be better off creating your own "CD Mix" using your official CD's.
Glenn
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Talking about illegal CDs, I've come across
Subject to change with a VCD bonus disc!
Once again @ Amazon.com
. Love Is Only A Game
. Destiny (Mtv)
. White Bird (Mtv)
. Subject To Change (Epk)

What do you reckon Fake ???
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

No, that is an official EMI release. Bad thing is that most of these type of special editions of Vanessa-Mae releases were made avalaible by EMI in Asia and Hon Kong. I have never seen anything like this in Europe.

I have this cd+vcd via amazon indeed. The Subject To Change (epk) is a very interesting video which shows Vanessa-Mae talking about the album, during shooting of the Destiny video, and in her dressing room when someone is doing her make-up and hair. Also several shots from concerts, other videos and the Storm movie are in this bonus.

I think a 'most have' for a devoted fan.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Thank-you Rijko,
I've just ordered it, now with piece of mind.

I have also sent Amazon an e-mail about
the Classic Rock Violin CD to see what their
response will be.
That should be interesting?

I shall let you know what develops.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk