The Official Newbies Thread... - Come and say hi

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

cilindion

Post by cilindion »

Thank for the Choreography ulbum ..You make my hard better than the time that I know Vanessa Mae get off EMI .I don't know what happen but now I'm very happy and I hope that would be on our forever.

:o :D :P
I'm a thai student who love Vanessa-Mae.My english very bad . Tell me please if it wrong,unfomal,badly,... .

Do you know what is the album that my gif picture come from?(beside my post)

thankyou~~~
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

Hi everyone. I'm one of the people who browses this board every so often, but has never contributed. If I'm on here though, I might as well participate.

Though I can't remember exactly when I first heard of Vanessa, I've been a fan for a long time. I remember hearing little things about her here and there, mostly about her unique style. These things made me curious to hear and see something she did, but that was not easy considering she was not a household name.

Luckily, I happened to catch her doing a live performance of one of her songs on TV. It would have had to have been around the time The Violin Player came out. I was really impressed and liked the music, but didn't see anything else about her for a while.

Finally in 1997 I got lucky and found a CD of Violin Player in a local music store. I bought it and loved the album. I listened to it quite a bit, but didn't have any luck on finding anything else of hers for several years.

Finally, when I graduated college, I had a little more income and her albums were a little easier to find. I bought The 4 seasons, and its been an obsession ever since. Now I'm working on getting all the singles and the Xpectation album. Hopefully she does a tour of the States sometime because I would love to see her in concert.

Cheers,
Brett
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Brett,

Welcome in this online community for fans of Vanessa-Mae.

Her new album 'Choreography' will be out early 2005 in the USA. I think she is planning to do promotion and and concerts there then. Keep a close eye on this board to find out as soon as news on this emerges.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Hi Brett,
Welcome aboard, Yes it seems that our girl is very quiet in the good ol'
US of A. and this is a shame for we have a few American fans in this forum
and they have a tendency to get a bit upset!
Don't you Joe_Mate :) Hopefully Sony might change this?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Jim

Post by Jim »

A big hello to all of you.

I've already posted my intoduction in another part of the forum, but thought I'd put it here as well, being the introduction section!

I've only just recently become a fan of Vanessa-Mae after living under a rock for the past few years! I've always known of her since when The Violin Player came out back in 1995, but it wasn't until I heard Sabre Dance & brought Choreography that I became more interested in her music. Plus when I saw I'm A Doun For Lack O'Johnnie & Devils Trill on Classic FMTV & I became more interested her. So the last couple of months I've been buying her back catalogue which has turned me into a real fan. She's done some fantastic stuff!

Look forward to talking to you all. Hopefully even meet up if Vanessa ever does a live gig in the UK next year :)

Cheers,
Jim.
I come & go as I please. But only if I really want to.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Jim, welcome in this forum.

Vanessa-Mae will do a tour in the UK early next year.

I have been to her concert in the London Royal Festival Hall in October. This was a special concert to mark and promote the release of her new album 'Choreography.' This was already the fifth time that I saw her live in concert. All 5 concerts were great to experience and I preserve so many fine memories to all events.

I have reviews on these concerts on my website with photos as well.

You will love it to see our Vanessa-Mae in concert.

I will go and see her again in Dresden Germany on February 8th.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Welcome Jim and Brett. :D
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hello! I wrote about me and Vaneesa in another topic, but: My name's Andrew, I'm from Russia. The first time when I heard Vanessa was when I heard her "Classical Gas". I'm listening her since 97. I like her very much. I am waiting when she will visit our country again! She was in my city too! I am from Saratov, but when she was there I live in another town. My english is terrible, but I hope that you'll understand me. I'm very glad that I foun you! I'm wondering if there is anybody from Russia?
Thank you! :D
Liszt Bellamy

Post by Liszt Bellamy »

Hi im new and i really like VMs music. Looking forward to using this forum. Im from Scotland.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Listz Bellamy,

Welcome in this forum. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

How did you hear about Vanessa-Mae for the first time and when did you become a fan?

Have you ever seen her live in concert already. If not, I hope that you'll have an opportunity soon when she tours the UK, hopefully this spring and summer!
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Well,

I'm not new anymore, I was also there on the older forum... But anyway...

The first time I heared of Vanessa Mae was in 1992... I make music by myself and I figured out that there was more music in the world then only my own.... I follow this talented girl everywhere (exapt in real life) and I have buyed all the albums... One night, at christmas evening, there was a concert from the Storm on World tour on Veronica (dutch television) I have copied this concert, and from that moment I was totaly in love from her.... A half year later there was another concert on the BBC, also that I have copied... Then I was surfing on the net and I discoverd that there was a forum about our dearest... I subscribe and from that moment I was in contact with others like Daisy-Hill, Joe-mate, Rijko, Aventine, Amqhr, Street-rat and others... We were a close group and we were evening at evening online and discussed our things at the forum.... At a moment my computer went down and from that day I was out of business... I have had a view contacts with the members in that time... A view wheeksa ago I have buyed a new computer and from that time I am back agan at this new forum.... It is a bigger forum with more things to discuss... I see my old friends back and in the end I am very happy to be back at business...

The End....
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Yes these early days of the forum in summer-autumn 2000 and the first 1.5 years were very exciting. We had to find out so much about our dearest Vanessa-Mae. We found out new things constanlty.

Especially, Daisy is a very good web researcher. I wonder where she is now. I am worried about her!

So Daisy, drop us a line if you read this.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Rijko do you have her last known address?

Has you know i am returning back to Hong Kong in November and me and
my fiancee could go and see if she is still there?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hey Arioch,

That is a nice idea. I have two addresses for Daisy. One is her own appartment and the other one for her sister. Daisy lived at her sisters place for about a year when she was very ill. I have sent letters to her sisters address by registered airmail several times and they never returned undeliverable. So, I am quitte sure that Daisy's sister still lives there.

I pm you the addresses later.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Rijko also towards the end of October write Daisy a letter addressed to
her then put it into another envelope and post it to me.
I will see if i am able to personally hand deliver it for you.

In the News section you should also create a Sticky Topic so if Daisy
does visit she will come across it easier and quicker and not by chance.
The News section will more than likely the 1st place she will visit?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk