The Official Newbies Thread... - Come and say hi

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

I'm really glad to see we are getting so many new members these days, whether they be long dedicated fans of VM or people who've recently discovered her. I also see a lot of lurking "guests", please register and join our discussions! If you're new here, introduce yourselves here!

:laugh:
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Heck, I think we lost our big introduction thread awhile back (either that or it's hidden in page 6 or something). Let's try this again.

I've been a fan of VM's music since I bought the violin player at age... I can't remember, something like 11 or 14. But since then I've pretty much got all her albums except for China Girl, the classical boxset, the ones she made before violin player, and her best of VM one. My favourite album is her classical album 1 and the violin player.

Next.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Here's mine again plus a bit more..

I first found out about Vanessa-Mae through the (UK)Press then all those years ago.
As I Live in the UK I Watched her first TV perfomance on the BBC's channel 1, Blue Peter when she played STORM, She was amazing (and still is).
With me being into Rock music I lost track of her progress.
Until one day I came across the Violin Player CD (I was hooked). to this day I play this album over and over.
As a birthday gift I was treated with a Ticket for the Vanessa-Mae Storm on Tour at the Birmingham Symphony Hall.
What a night to remember (I thank my parents for that).
I've seen Deep Purple,Pink Floyd, Hawkwind and many more Live. But this seeing Vanessa-Mae was Truely awe-inspiring (I thank Vanessa-Mae for putting up with me).
I am now the proud owner of her CD collection, and I am now eagerly awaiting for Vanessa's new Classical album.
To me Vanessa Mae is like a drug, the more you have the more you want..

I am now the proud owner of a rapidly growing collection of Vanessa-Mae goodies. Which include all major albums, singles and 12" and 7" vinyl records
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

Hi,
could I... :D
I know her name since she live in bangkok '1996
for mitsubishi lancer,
but never listen or interesting in her music.
..last 6 month..
I have to download 'storm' from audiogalaxy.com
that's my beginning...
now... maybe I'm crazy about her
all songs I listen to everyday is vanessa-mae
just vanessa-mae..
I have to collect her albums from
'the violin player' to 'the best of'
except 'storm' ... I'll try to find out :pcangry:

maybe I will buy one violin,
:D in my age its too late to learn this
but if one day I met her, I will ask for her signature :bow:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

The first time that I heard about Vanessa-Mae was in 1991, the Mozart commemoration year. Vanessa-Mae toured as young soloist at that time with the London Mozart Players in the UK and the Far East. I saw a program on the commemoration activities on BBC tv.

A short time after this early 1992, I accidently saw Vanessa-Mae's recording with the Tjaikovski & Beethooven violin concertos in the record shop. I recognised the young girl and bought the cd. I had no idea at that time that this was already her third recording. I also found the cover photo very nice and had the idea that this girl had an interesting story.

I was impressed by Vanessa-Mae's play and decided that it would be interesting to monitor how her career would develop.

The release and enormous success of the Violin player was quite a surprise. Since then, I bought all her albums and even managed to find official copies of vanessa-Mae's first two cd's Debut (Violin) and Kids Classics. I also possess all cd singles and several other special releases, demo versions and 'for promotional use only' versions.

I also collect many other items like video clips, newspaper and magazine articles, photos and so on.

I joined this forum in the summer of 2000 and found it very rewarding to be able to communicate with other fans of our Vanessa-Mae.

I have seen Vanessa-Mae live in concert four times now. I hope to visit a concert again later this year after the release of the new album.
ENCORE!

Post by ENCORE! »

My first time with Vanessa was in 1996...I was a great fan of Sailor Moon and in that period in Italy was airing the third season (Sailor Moon S) ... There was a background music that I liked very much...the one from the transformation and the action of the "outer senshi"...I decided to search on the internet the mp3...and I found out it was Vanessa-Mae! (which is not true however :D )...then for years I lost "contact" with her...but in 2001 on viva I saw destiny and...as they say "and then it's history!!" :)
I have all of her CDs, some singles and I plan to attend a concert...If she ever come in Italy...You know, here she is almost unknown :(
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

i saw a vanessa-mae the violin player casette tape at a store in december 1995 when i was buying a monica album for a friend. i haven't heard her music and found her not interesting.

i saw a red hot clip on tv on january 1996 and still i wasn't interested.

when i saw her i'm-adoun video on january 1997 i thought i should have the classical album 1. i saw the cd in a store but didnt buy it because i'm a doun was only the song i like and i didn't want to venture in classical music that i thought was boring.

i saw her storm video on october 1997. i thought it was cool but i'm a-doun is only the song i really like so i had to buy the single instead unfortunately it's not available.

on june 1998 i had extra money and i thought it was the time to buy classical album 1. i bought it and became crazy over her music. i got storm in sept 1998, four seasons in mar 1999, the violin player in dec 1999, subject to change in june 2001 and classical collection in may 2002.
Germanfan

Post by Germanfan »

Hi my name is Andy I'm from Germany.I'm aFan since 1998 I write it in another post in this Forum,how I met her in 1996 on the streets of Hamburg,in that Time I don't know who she is and what kind of music she made.
Friends told me about her music and so I was curious ,go to a Cd Shop in 1998 and buy "The Violinplayer".From this Moment on I was one of her Fans.Later on in that year I buy "Storm".
Sorry I'm not a fan of classical musik,so I hear the four Season Cd and didn't buy it (to much Classical Songs).I like her music very much,but only the pop-classic songs.By the way:my absolutely favorite song was "I'm a Doun",it is a very emotional song and thats what I like.
So I'll hope You can reed my words ,cause my english is bad.I learn it at shool many years ago,so it's difficult for me to read all your Posts,but I have my dictionary and so it needs a bit longer to understand the words you write ,but it's ok. :yeahthat: :user:
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

today at 130 members
wow, growing up faster :grouphug:
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Yes this forum is doing great
Aventine you must be proud of you baby? :cool:
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Yes, a big welcome to all the new people who have joined us! Do feel free to participate in our discussions.

A lot of this has to do with the links from other VM sites (just checking my referral stats) - so thumbs up to you guys!
daisyhill
VMF Reg

Post by daisyhill »

Hi pal, after a long long absence, I should consider myself a newbie here. I'm perfectly fine. Because of SARS, my family have forbidded me to visit any public libraries or web cafes and literally anywhere :btear: It has been so boring over the last 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Daisy!! Welcome back!! :grouphug:
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

i thought something bad has happened to you! :oth26: welcome back!!! :kiss:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Daisy, it is such a relieve to know that you are fine.

I have been so worried about you. I hope that you will have time and the oppportunity to be online more often soon.

Take care in dangerous Hong Kong!