Update on vanessa-mae's new album and website

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I posted the following in the news section already, but it is open for discussion here in the general discussion board.

-------- Here is the above mentioned information --------

I received inside information from the top of the publicity department at Sony Classical, Here are the highlights of the message:

- Vanessa-Mae's new album is set for release in the fall of 2004 in Europe and Asia, and early 2005 in the USA.

- According to the source, the new album sounds fantastic with lots of inspiration from various dance cultures around the world; it is rhythmic with dance beats. Guest composers are A.R. Rahman, Vangelis and Bill Whelan.

- The new website is currently in poduction, and will probably be up and running around May when Vanessa-Mae performs at the Classical Brit Awards.

- Tour information will be provided via the new website, once it is up.

- No information a possible release of a DVD is known yet, but it is considered an interesting option.

- Vanessa-Mae will perform live on April 21st at the announcement of the nominations for the Classical Brit Awards 2004 at the London's Landmark Hotel, as well as openings act at the Classical Brit Awards Ceremony on May 26th in the Royal Albert Hall. She will be accompanied by A.R. Rahman on both occasions, performing the track from her new album, written by A.R. Rahman.

- Sony considers it as very exciting to work together with Vanessa-Mae.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Rijko Ebens wrote:- Vanessa-Mae's new album is set for release in the fall of 2004 in Europe and Asia, and early 2005 in the USA.
IMO, all US fans will order via the Internet, US sales will be non-existant, the CD won't chart here, and stores will only carry one copy.

So much for a new start with a new label.

:bsad:
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

:laugh: yeah, I'm really glad to hear about this :laugh:
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

:) it's quite a while since my last post on this forum..and i see there have been nice updates about the new album and new label..great

PS and hi everyone whom I have not seen a long time!!
Gatis
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

joe_mate Vanessa is signed with Sony (USA) so things
might change?
Well for starters Sony have already let us know about
the Classical Brit's appearance and also about her new
album.
So who knows her PA might realise that the world isn't
just based with-in ASIA and EUROPE like EMI believed.
Hey EMI forgot that Vanessa-Mae home country is the
UK, even the UK had very little notification of up and
coming events, we just had to hope we came across
something.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Yeah, fans will order via internet of course.

BUT

Hopefully Sony will promote her in the U.S. a lot better than EMI did and she will have a cluster of new curious listeners scurrying to pick up this exciting new album. Just like I did with my first VM album. :cool:
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

I sure hope Sony will promote her aggressively. I guess EMI never realy promoted her in the North America because they knew it would be very hard to penetrate this market with that kind of product. There is almost no market for classical and as far as cross over music is concenered, well 99.99999999999% probly dont even know what it is. Most pple seems to want what i like to call "brain dead entertainment"...

If then intend to make a break trought in the Amarican market i guess we should see in the comming months the release of a single, a few adds, and several TV appearence in the US/Canada.

Atre
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

Yes, Atreides, EMI was not an aggressive distributor for Vanessa. I read here that her Best of... CD came out in September '02. I didn't know it existed until I found it in a Chicago record store a few days before that Christmas. I haven't seen it in any other stores since that I can recall (the one in Chicago has gone out of business). How do they expect it to sell it if people don't see it on the market? On the other hand there is a nice poster of her classical albums prominently displayed in a store in Crest Hill, Illinois. As for crossover music in the USA, Bond seems to be opening up the market a bit here, which I am grateful for. Their first US tour is slated for late summer. They are feeding off the genre which V-M created, which is a tribute to her, and there is plenty of room for its expansion. Music in general is in too sorry a state artistically and commercially for this new brand of music not to at least be given a chance to flourish.
gaven
VMF Reg

Post by gaven »

Hi :grouphug:

The only down side I can see from Sony being Vanessa Mae's new lable is that I dont beleve that Sony record in DVD-Audio format & prefer SACD format, I,m not sure what format they intend to do Vanessa Mae's recordings in they may record as a normal CD anyway.

This may not bother most people anyway its just my outlook on Sony as her new lable.
gaven
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

"brain dead entertainment"...

that is trend of Thai teenager
on my start learning on vanessa mae
her single and cd are rarely
it be better after her tour in thailand
all big store have almost all her albums :laugh: