TV Appearance - Up-coming appearance

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Hi All,

Vanessa's "alternative classical concert" from the Birmingham Symphony hall will be shown on the ArtsWorld channel on the 20th of August at 23:05 and again the following day at 18:30.

Do any of us receive the ArtsWorld channel?

Who knows more about this concert?

Regards,

Lorjou.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Lorjou,

I would very much like to see the concert, but unfortunately, I can't receive the channel that you've mentioned. Haidee once mentioned that she taped the concert when it was being broadcasted in NZ two years ago. I asked her recently for a copy, but she hasn't replied yet. I'll mail her again about it.

Rijko
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Hi Guys,

One of us must have access to ArtWorld somewhere...

Link for concert info is
http://www.artsworld.com/tv....g2.html

Has anyone seen this concert before?

Lorjou.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I just have to see this concert!! It must be so great to see our Vanessa-Mae improvise this.

Haidee, I seem to remember that you taped it two years ago. Can you provide me a copy??
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Ok people,

I'm going to do everything in my power to see that this concert gets taped. There are so many reasons why this concert is so good:

First of all, it's impromptu, no orchestra permits meant no symphony performances of her usual works of Bruch/Beethoven/Sarasate (like in the Berlin Video). She improvised by playing solo Bach Partitia's (which I've NEVER seen her play live, the closest being seeing her play Bach Street Prelude), she also played some pieces that's NEVER been played in any other normal concert to my knowledge from composers like Paganini, Schubert, and Rossini. She also played some well known music from The Violin Player such as Classical Gas (raggae version I believe), Toccata and Fugue, and Red Hot. Plus, a rare live performance of 'I'm a Doun'

You guys, if you can find ANYONE living in the UK that gets the artsworld channel, by all means, please get them to tape it. This concert will never be commercially available, and it is very very unlikely that this concert will be shown again anytime soon. I will do my part to find anyone who has Sky Digital (the carrier for artsworld) as well as contact artsworld directly and see if we can buy the concert from them directly.

Believe me when I say this: This is the concert to get!

--Benjamin
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Has anyone heard from Ian Koenig recently? He's the only other UK fan that I know of through the forum - perhaps he has Sky?

I have phoned ArtsWorld and the channel is only available to Sky subscribers - sadly I subscribe to another provider (Telewest) that does not have access to ArtsWorld.

Perhaps we could put a request on the official forum messageboard - however, it may be a bit controversial to advertise the fact that we would like swap footage through the forum - maybe it's better if we can sort it out between ourselves?

If anyone does have Sky digital and is willing to subscribe to the ArtsWorld channel to tape it I'm sure we could all club together to cover costs - the only problem is that we have to do this today / tomorrow at the lates as the concert is only shown tomorrow evening and Wednesday morning....

Lorjou.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

I would gladly help in covering the costs of subscribing to the artsworld channel.

I haven't seen Ian in a long time Lorjou.. He left for a while and then came back, but haven't heard from him since.

For the next 24-36 hours, this is my top priority: finding someone to tape this concert.

I have a feeling this is a once in a lifetime opportunity (or darn near close to it)

I have an IRC network, and asking the UK users to see if any of them are subscribers. So far, I have found someone who has Sky, but not sure if he has subscribed to artsworld. I'll keep you informed on this.

--Benjamin
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Benji,

That would be great if you could get this organized!!

Good luck.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

I found someone who's willing to tape it. Once that's done, I'll have the person send it to Lorjou (since he also lives in the UK), he can put it in digital format to distribute to other fans.

Man, this sure brightens my morning :p

--Benjamin
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hey, great news Benji. Thanks for this!!

I really want to see this performance of our Vanessa-Mae. This makes my day!!
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

<== change of avatar in honor of the forthcoming airing of the concert. :cool:

--Benjamin
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

That's fantastic Benji!!

Well Done!

Lorjou.
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

thank you benji so much for finding somebody.
but where can we get this video ?
maybe the arts channel sells this tape to other channels like arte ( :D ) or something like this...
just try to discover the beauty of music !
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

Great Benji, thanks for organizing this! Really want to see that concert! I hope everything will work out well!
Gatis
AdamM

Post by AdamM »

Great Job Benji!! I can't wait! :)
Adam
*_-_-Adam-_-_*