Great News!!!! - Next album will be Tchaikovsky

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

daisyhill
VMF Reg

Post by daisyhill »

Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

thats good...I'd still like for her to record the Bruch in G Minor.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Sounds very interesting. A nice and informative article.

I don't quite understand remarks like 'does't touch her instrument for a month' and 'needed little practice as a child.'

Didn't Vanessa-Mae say once that she felt awfull because she left her violin at home while she was on vacation for two weeks? And didn't she tell in interviews that she practiced many hours a day form being a child until the Violin Player release?

She will record Tchaikovsky and other Russian composers on the new album? Can't wait to have this album; it is very interesting!!

She will also be creative with the notes and that promises a lot also.
ENCORE!

Post by ENCORE! »

It's great! after the "Italian Album" (which I consider a tribute to my homeland :;): ) a Russian album! Pity that it will be released at best next fall :( ...
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

I'm in! (once it gets here)

BTW Daisy, did you pick that up using Google News? I just gave it a try. It seems to be the best way to get the latest articles on VM (one search said "this article is 17 minutes old).

Here's a link.
daisyhill
VMF Reg

Post by daisyhill »

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the link. I didn't use Google news. I was using Altavista this morning. Wow, she is considering a movie role in Hollywood??? Hey, six months a year in Aisa, that's fantastic. Hope she would spend more time in the US too.

Btw, I am very furious with that aricle "Chaos at Vanessa-Mae Concert". It is a biased and twisted report!!!!!! Ray and I were there. Nobody grumbled anything within my hearing range when her violin failed to work and I didn't see people leaving the hall. She switched immediately to her acoustic and the audience had been extremely patient and understanding. We even gave her applause to cheer her up. At the end of the concert, people were on their feet shouting for encores. Our Chinese papers could be very nasty to celebrities and artists when they make any mistake. Yet, all local Chinese newspapers I read the other day spokely postively about the concert. They said she performed professionally despite of problems and also mentioned the delighted crowd at the conclusion of the concert. Only the English paper South China Morning Post said it was a chaotic night. In fact, the technical hitches only happened in the first half (probably 20 mins). It was a bad start all right but the audience was so good to her. Also, she didn't stamp her feet in frustration. She was stepping on those pedals several times to tell her technician they didn't work.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

daisyhill wrote:Wow, she is considering a movie role in Hollywood???
i hope it will not flop just as mariah's "glitter" and britney's "crossroads" did.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

joe_mate wrote:Here's a link.
vanessa-mae is marilyn manson inside? i hope she's not an antiChrist.
daisyhill
VMF Reg

Post by daisyhill »

Who is this Mason guy anyway? I searched for his image and found his look very repulsive to me.

I don't believe she is abandoning her sexy image and she does not think she is sexy. The way she presents herself in concert and the press (her makeup, clothings, body language) all indicate that she is very AWARE of her physical attractiveness to people.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae acts the way she does during concerts live on stage. It is of course a mood she is in at that moment. People, the audience call that sexy. Of course she is aware of that.

When you see her on tv during talks or interviews, their is nothing there with sexy body langage and movememts

She is then a beautiful young lady with a very personal aura in clothing and make-up.

I suppose the clothes and make-up have a high 'feel good' effect on her. Otherwise she wouldn't have it all. It is not only about looking great, but also a matter of feeling good and comfortable.
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Thanks for the link Joe.
Interesting reading material and an occasional nice picture.
Haboek :smokin: