Did she do it? - A particular song

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Did she do "Tocatto & Fugue"? I know it was originally done by bach, but I found a file that sais she remixed it, true or not? Thanks
Delavega

Post by Delavega »

Where have you found that file?
Diego De La Vega

aka

El Modesto
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Toccata & Fugue is of course the opening track on Vanessa-Mae's album 'The Violin Player.' The music was indeed originally composed by Bach for organ, and Vanessa-Mae's version for violin was arranged by Mike Batt.

T&F was released on cd single and Vanessa-Mae made a famous videoclip for this. The clip shows Vanessa-Mae on a beach of a tropical island and standing in the sea while playing her violin. This is the basis of the so-called 'Wet T-shirt' image that is used by critics and moral censors to express their disgust for Vanessa-Mae, for her career choices and to minimise all she has achieved.
Delavega

Post by Delavega »

Sanzo said:
Did she do "Tocatto & Fugue"? I know it was originally done by bach, but I found a file that sais she remixed it, true or not? Thanks

I don't want to misunderstand his question, but it seems that he downloaded a file using one of the tons of P2P programs on the net. I don't want to moralize about anything, but at least for our girl, seen that we are her friends, I think we better buy her products.... I only have one of her CDs and I'm looking for her complete collection (that I'll buy soon) because I'm her friend, and I want to support her!
Downloading her products by internet is immoral and most of all is absolutely unfriendly to her. if we love Vanessa I think we should buy her original products...
I apologize for this but it's what I think.
Sanzo, I apologize if I misunderstood, but if I didn't I think you should find another way to show your love for Vanessa.
Diego De La Vega

aka

El Modesto
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

There are remixes of T&F available. Vanessa-Mae's cd single has the following tracks listing:

1 T&F single edit
2 Warm Air
3 T&F album edit

Then there is a special limited cd tittles 'Toccata & Fugue: The Mixes.' This special cd has the following tracks:

1 D's Journey Mix
2 D;s Hiphouse Mix
3 Lectroluv Mix
4 Original album version

I agree completely with Delavega. Real fans who love Vanessa-Mae and who care about her will always seek to buy the original albums and singles. However, we must realise that not all material is released in every country and a lot of fans do not have a credit card to order all releases online. Moreover, some might not be in the position financially to acquire all releases.

That is why I sometimes make copies of official material available to the regular members of this fans forum.

Well, I suppose we all love Vanessa-Mae: that is why we call her our girl, our Vanessa-Mae!!

Edited By Rijko Ebens on 1077456527
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Also our girl Noodles has made many videos and with great
thanks to EMI we have to rely on other sources to obtain
them.
A couple of members of this forum have kindly shared
all they have with the rest of the forum free of charge.
Now this is only happening because EMI and (do i dare say it)
our Vanessa-mae have failed to release this material to the
paying fans.

So what other choice do we have but to pirate copies.
This Video footage of our girl is effectively dead money,
EMI or Vanessa are not making money from it, so therefore
there can't be any harm in some one passing this footage
around free of charge.

I know if a DVD was ever released of Vanessa-Maes past
performances i will be handing over my money to
purchase hem.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
sanzo

Post by sanzo »

I did get this on a p2p network. I have this sell phone that has this as a ringtone so I looked it up, downloaded the bach one first, than just too see downloaded this one after. I had never even heard of her before, so how was I suppose to know? And also, don't you think that me know knowing that she actually did this song would influence me to get her cd?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Welcome on board in this Vanessa-Mae fans community, Sanzo.

We didn't realise that it was only because of a ringtone. I hope that you will now buy her cd: it is certainly worth the money!! We usually try to encourage people to buy the originals. This forum is also about protecting Vanessa-Mae and her interests.
Delavega

Post by Delavega »

Hi Sanzo, I don't really mind if you've downloaded something from a p2p program..... I think we all did and do it.
I was just surprised to see in this forum a fan (because if you are here I think you feel like a fan) of Vanessa who downoads her music instead of buying it.
As I told I only have one Cd (storm) of her.... and yes, I began with illegal mp3s.... now I'm trying to get her complete discography because I respect Vanessa as an artist, as a musician and as a person.
So I didn't really mean that you must buy her original products (but we all should, at least as a fans).
I hope that you like her and start to buy her products like me, because she needs our support in order to give us a continous performance :o)
Diego De La Vega

aka

El Modesto
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

However, we must realise that not all material is released in every country and a lot of fans do not have a credit card to order all releases online. Moreover, some might not be in the position financially to acquire all releases.

And just remember not all items are available now a days.
I still look at Ebay to find some singles or remixes.
I am glad to be part of tis great forum with friends who share files because else my collection would be very incomplete.
Haboek :smokin:
ENCORE!

Post by ENCORE! »

It's true that if you own illegal material you hurt Vanessa.... but it's also true that if someone here didn't share files (thanks Glenn :laugh: ) I wouldn't ever considered to buy the originals!!! So in a certain way this promotes our dear Vanessa :)

(and thanks to Glenn who shared mp3s I also discovered Ayumi Hamasaki which is now one of my favourite singers :cool: )
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

We may no longer get VM stuffs from Glenn since US has implemented a more strict file sharing policy. :(
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

There will always be file sharing.

Newsgroups
Instant Messenger programs
Drop a CD-R in the mail
borrow a CD from a friend or library

The only way to stop it is for the artists to stop selling music. Copy protecting CD's only slows the process of copying.
Erin

Post by Erin »

Mp3's are my #1 reason for buying music. If I like the song, I'll probably download some more and then buy the album.
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Just to have a say in this matter.
Considering the prices we pay in Holland for cd's (ranging from 14 to 25 euros) it is no wonder that copies are being made and mp3s are downloaded.
A decrease in price would help imo.
Haboek :smokin: