Royal Festival Concert yesterday

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

pongnok

Post by pongnok »

pongnok wrote:Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. Although someone above noticed a post of mine on another website, so I though I would join in here as well and try to post a copy of the set list for all to see (now a treasured item). So I hope the link works.

What a concert it was. I was sat with my wife in the front centre. The only other seat better than mine would have been on the stage next to her. A very lucky and my best buy from ebay !!!

During Back Street Prelude, she sat on the edge of the stage, right in front of us. The precussionist was excellent and she obviously looked as if she too was enjoying his performance of banging beer bottles, squeeky toy hammes amongst other things of the floor. During this numbe though she did (well i'm convinced anyway) look at me and smile......what a moment....

I do belive that i was sat almost infront of Rijko Ebens (did you give Vanessa a white ring binder, and i saw the security guard saying not to take any more picture. You wee sat in row C, number 25 - 30 ish if i'm not mistaken. Did you cath that smile on you camera??

Anyway. To get back to the show. Well Vanessa gave a fantastic performance. She composed herself beautifully around the stage. Awsome violining (if suh a word exists). Such concerntration, with the briefest glaces at the audience, followed by a beeming smile. What else can I can that other have not all ready said.

The show (or at least the opening two numbers) was photographed officially. I did not see any cameras for a forthcomming DVD. A great pitty as this was such a great opportunity to capture a fantasti concert / show. My only egret was I didn't take my camera, however I did take a snap or two with the phone camea. Pretty poor shots but if I can figure out how to post them I will. :D
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Thank you for posting that. I am very bad at remembering sets and I can see I got some wrong in my review :roll:

I have posted some pictures on the my Web site along with my review:

http://www.heroes.force9.co.uk/music/vm-2004.html
pongnok

Post by pongnok »

DavidM, thanks for the link some very nice pictures of Vanessa. I love the one where she is sat on the stage. You must have been just out of reach of the security gaurds. Luck you.

I thought that your review of the concert was excellent and exactly as i remembered it.

Ally
Richard Mae

Post by Richard Mae »

Thanks DavidM for the review.
I want more ... :)

Cheers,
Richard
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi pongnok,

My photos are avaible on my website, see the following link

My photos of Vanessa-Mae in the RFH

I am currenlty writing my report on the concert. I hope to have it available this evening.

Yes, I presented Vanessa-Mae a gift for her upcoming 26th birthday this week on behalf of a group members of this forum. This year is the 5th time that we do such a project. I really think Vanessa-Mae is grateful for our presents. Anyway, she rewarded me with a painting a heart and her signature in my booklet - see the scanned image on my website.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

THANKS for the reviews and picture!!! :D

Welcome to the forum Pongnok and Richard Mae. :)
amQhr
VMF Elite

Thanks for the fotos

Post by amQhr »

Oh yeah, Rijko!! that would last for a fine time. So thanks for the fotos and
yQhr deep recollection on this heavy mellow music event you let us share
with you
Last edited by amQhr on Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Rex Features has photos of Vanessa-Mae at her concert in the Royal Festival Hall lasst week, see:

Vanessa-Mae live in action in the RFH
alan1234

Post by alan1234 »

pongnok wrote: I do belive that i was sat almost infront of Rijko Ebens (did you give Vanessa a white ring binder, and i saw the security guard saying not to take any more picture. You wee sat in row C, number 25 - 30 ish if i'm not mistaken. Did you cath that smile on you camera??
That should be me!
I was in row D, 29-30 which is not far from you... the damn security came and ask me for my film!!!

I'm not sure if she did really smile at you but she really did at me!!!

Here are my best shots and evidence :

I asked her when is the next concert and she said there is no plan yet... and I said I'll keep an eye on it and she smiled and said "Thank you"

HOW SWEET!!!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Alan these are incredible photos I love the 2nd one where she is looking directly
at your camera :D great stuff :finger:
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
amQhr
VMF Elite

Life size pictures

Post by amQhr »

Thank you so much alan1234 for this nice life size photos of Vanessa.
They'll animate my room while filling my hEARt with this heavy mellow
music of miss Mae
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

THANKS alan! :D :D :D
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Thanks for the great pictures.
Haboek :smokin:
alan1234

full-size, anyone want?

Post by alan1234 »

I have full-size (6 megapixel) of some Vanessa's photos.

send me an email if you want them :)

alan12341234@hotmail.com

^_^