Royal Festival Concert yesterday

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Royal Festival Concert yesterday

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae did a superb performance last evening in the Royal Festival Hall. She played piecces from her new album as well as a selection of old material from like Storm, T&F, I Am A Doun, Bach Street Prelude, Retro and Hocus Poces as well as a couple of pieces from Subject To Change.

From the new album she played all numbers except Tribal Gathering and Minuet.

This program shows that she has access to her old material, as I has never been a question to me but I remember someone brought it up.

Vanessa-Mae played 1 hrs and 45-50 minutes without a break.

She looked wonderful in a purple trousers with silver flower print and a sleeves top in purple to pink colours. Vanessa-Mae was made up, but not very heavy with smooth foundation, soft pinky lipstick, purple eyeshadow matching the colours in her top and black mascara. I could notice this very well duiring the signing session after the concert.

The signing session was very crowded. All her cd's in the store of the RFH were sold.

I delivered our present and when I told her that I represented the fans forum she said: 'oh yeah the fan club.' She promoised to have answers to our questions delivered to me. An assistant guarded the present thoroughly and took it with him when she walked downstairs after the session was over.

I made photos during the beginning of the concert but an over active servant prevented me to take make more during the rest of the show. I also made photos during the signing session but in the very narrow space this was difficult.

I am writing this post in an internet cafe. I will present my review as soon as possible when I get home on Sunday. I will show the photos then too.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Thanks Rijko! I cant wait! :D
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I really enjoyed the concert (you might be surprised to hear that I thought I might be disappointed!).

I've only just got back home after a tiring trip back from London. I wrote a review last night and I'll post it when I have it typed up.

I also took some photos but not many and only one or two turned out well. I'll post a link to my Web site when I put them there.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

I'm excited to read your reviews! :D
bijsterg
Veteran

Rijko in London

Post by bijsterg »

Rijko,
I'm very glad that you were able to talk to our Vanessa, and that you loved the concert. One reason more to look forward to the Dresden concert in Februari 2005.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I used my new digital camera to make photos at a live concert for the first time. I only made about 20 or 21 photos at the concert because an overely active servant was keeping an eye on my after telling me to stop and that he would take my film after the show.

I am very satisfied with the result. I think I made some wonderful shots of our girl Noodles live in action.

The photos that I made at the signing session aren't that good. There was only limited space and vanessa-Mae was moving a lot and leaning over the material submitted to sign. Nevertheless, I was thyere and have some pictures to remember.
aukoli

Post by aukoli »

Could you post the setlist?
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

servant was keeping an eye on my after telling me to stop and that he would take my film after the show

technically u could of taken as many as u wanted, as he could of taken the film from your camera, if he could find it. :twisted:

anyway, cant wait to see the pics that were taken
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Was you using flash?
if you use a fast film i.e 800 ISO, then you do not need to use flash.
That way the security won't stop you.
The use of Flash photography can be off putting to the performing artist
so security are under strict orders.

Btw...

I am glad that you all had a really great time, and our Noodles performance
was excellent. once again it seems that the British press (well out side of London)
have failed us yet again. Not 1 single reveiw is to be found.
I am also pleased (jealous) that some of you even got to meet Noodles
even if you just stood there and failed to say a single word (not to worry David)
you have met her.

One question..

Was there any film cameras present on and around the stage?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Ps..
aukoli a set list was posted in the official fans forum
HERE>
http://forums1.sonymusic.com/eve/ubb.x? ... 8061068331

Pongnok managed to get hold of Vanessa-Maes copy then he got it signed
Wow! so lucky :)
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

There was no filming, only a few professional photographers.

I think if I had continued to take photos, the servant would have taken action against me.

I had a digital camera with a memory card of 512Mb in it and changed for another after he told me to stop taken photos, to make sure he could take my photos from me. I used no flash since that is of no use on the distance form the stage, but most of all not because Vanessa-Mae would be disturbed by flash. I would never do against her wishes and interests. I know that Vanessa-Mae herself doesn't mind photography as long as no flash lights are being used.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I saw some flashes in the audience, and I was surprised because at other shows I have attended the security people have been strict about cameras. It was only after I saw other people use them that I felt safe to use mine. I used a digital camera with no flash, and the results are not fantastic but it still makes a nice souvenir :)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I am not sure whether I catched it correctly, but I think Vanessa-Mae mentioned that the official tour would start next year 2005.

There was no tour brochure nor any other promotional material available at this concert.
pongnok

Post by pongnok »

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. Although someone above noticed a post of mine on another website, so I though I would join in here as well and try to post a copy of the set list for all to see (now a treasured item). So I hope the link works.

What a concert it was. I was sat with my wife in the front centre. The only other seat better than mine would have been on the stage next to her. A very lucky and my best buy from ebay !!!

During Back Street Prelude, she sat on the edge of the stage, right in front of us. The precussionist was excellent and she obviously looked as if she too was enjoying his performance of banging beer bottles, squeeky toy hammes amongst other things of the floor. During this numbe though she did (well i'm convinced anyway) look at me and smile......what a moment....

I do belive that i was sat almost infront of Rijko Ebens (did you give Vanessa a white ring binder, and i saw the security guard saying not to take any more picture. You wee sat in row C, number 25 - 30 ish if i'm not mistaken. Did you cath that smile on you camera??

Anyway. To get back to the show. Well Vanessa gave a fantastic performance. She composed herself beautifully around the stage. Awsome violining (if suh a word exists). Such concerntration, with the briefest glaces at the audience, followed by a beeming smile. What else can I can that other have not all ready said.

The show (or at least the opening two numbers) was photographed officially. I did not see any cameras for a forthcomming DVD. A great pitty as this was such a great opportunity to capture a fantasti concert / show. My only egret was I didn't take my camera, however I did take a snap or two with the phone camea. Pretty poor shots but if I can figure out how to post them I will. :D
Last edited by pongnok on Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
pongnok

Post by pongnok »

By the way Rijko Ebens, will you be posting you photos... I would love to see them. Or PM me and I can give you my email address and you could email them to me.

Cheers
Pongnok