I don't believe this is a real item!

Announce links to auctions and items from other sites or shops eg. ebay and amazon.
DavidM

I don't believe this is a real item!

Post by DavidM »

What do you think? It looks like the Choreography cover photoshopped into a different colour, so my fist thought was that it was an alternative version or a pirate copy. But look at the track list! What's going on here?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VANESSA-MAE-2006- ... dZViewItem
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

These are probable tracks from the album Flow Of Soul that Vanessa-Mae made together with Takuro, singer and guitarist of the Japanese band Clay. Most titles are translated from Japanese to English; some are in English on the original album.

The violin as an instrument plays an important role in most of the music on the album, but actually Vanessa-Mae only plays the solo part in Francis Elena. All other violin parts are played by others as they are mentioned in the booklet. Vanessa-Mae produced the album and that is her main role in this, besides playing the solo part on one track. Many people, mistakingly, think that all violin solos on the album are played by Vanessa-Mae, which is definitely not true at all!!

As it happens, I wrote some info on this album last month for my website, see: Vanessa-Mae meets Takuro
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

That solves that mystery :)

The eBay item has a different and misleading cover from the one you picture on your site.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi DavidM,

No doubt, this is an illegal copy from someone who believes all tracks are played by Vanessa-Mae.

The cd that I show on my site is for real; I have it in my collection and it lists Vanessa-Mae as solo violinist on the track Francis Elena only.
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Thanks Rijko.
I had my doubts too so I went back to the only place I knew to get an answer.
:wink:
Haboek :smokin:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Haboek,

Nice to see that you have not forgotten about Vanessa-Mae and this forum.
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

How could I forget about this forum :lol:
Just am too busy to visit regularly.
Still enjoying the music now and then of Vanessa-Mae and still have a google alert regarding news about her.
Haboek :smokin: