Singapore DVD on ebay

Announce links to auctions and items from other sites or shops eg. ebay and amazon.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hi All,

Can anybody shed any light on this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....83&rd=1

It's a DVD originating from Singapore which contains both "Bond" and Vanessa Mae. It may be of interest to people like me who do not have DVD standard copies of the EMI promo videos. I figured that the disc is not official though. This hasn't, however, discouraged me from ordering myself a copy!

Anybody have one already who can give me some info?

Steve.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Steve, I think that you are rigth: this DVD is not an official release.

I have some illegal video material too, but also the official EMI bonus vcd's.

All Vanessa-Mae videos on the disc are official video clips: this holds for Destiny, White Bird, Devil's Trill, Red Hot and Reflection. Art Of War is probably the bonus video from The Best Of album.

Let us know Steve when you have it, and what you think of it!
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Sure I will, Rijko. I'm hoping that the DVD is of as good a picture quality as stated and not compiled from sub standard vcd sources. I too have some official released video - namely the subject to change bonus svcd and the 2 extra tracks on the DVD release of the Red Hot Tour. However, if I can get these together plus a couple of extras on one DVD then that will suffice until such time as EMI or Sony do the decent thing. The DVD will also be an opportunity for me to check out "Bond" - who I have only really watched on Classic FM Television.

:D
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

OK, let me know if you have any vids missing

You can never be really sure about the quality of unofficial material. Buying it is just a gamble.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Thanks Rijko! :D
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hi All,

Just to report my findings on this Singapore DVD. Well, it arrived this morning so I ducked out of work early to play it. The DVD itself comes in a slim type jewel case with a printed cover as on the ebay site - printed very clearly on photographic grade glossy printer paper which was nice. The disc itself comes well presented with a colour printed label, although the disc itself is a DVD-R. The picture quality on all the tracks is flawless (except "Red Hot" which has a strange colour fault occasionally - no problem as I have that video on my Red Hot Tour DVD). Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase and would suggest that in the absence of an official EMI release this is an ideal substitute for any VM fan, who like me wants flawless DVD standard copies of Vanessa's promo video's. The only down side to this disc is that it does not have ALL of Vanessa's video promos on it! My trusty VCD's and MPEG files will have to do on such missing tracks until something else becomes available....

Steve :D
chwi

Updated DVD version surfaced

Post by chwi »

Hi!

I just received a kind of "updated" version of this item from the same seller with a different cover and expanded tracklist:

01. BOND .....EXPLOSIVE
02. BOND .....FUEGO
03. BOND .....VIVA
04. BOND .....WINTER SUN
05. BOND .....SHINE
06. BOND .....VICTORY
07. BOND .....VICTORY (LIVE IN MTV AWARDS)
08. BOND …..MTV MONTAGE
08. VANESSA MAE .....DESTINY
09. VANESSA MAE .....THE DEVIL'S TRILL
10. VANESSA MAE .....REFLECTION
11. VANESSA MAE .....WHITE BIRD
12. VANESSA MAE ..... ART OF WARS
13. VANESSA MAE .....RED HOT
14. VANESSA MAE .....SABRE DANCE
15. MAKSIM …..EXODUS (Bonus Track)

Concerning the video quality see SteveUK's review. I will check the Red Hot clip against my Red Hot Tour DVD to see if there is a difference. About the audio quality: generally satisfying although sometimes I heard a click or two. Hopefully someone will make a DVD with Tocatta & Fuge , Classical Gas, I'm A Doun and the other vids not available on DVD soon.

BR,

chwi
SteveUK

DVD on E-Bay

Post by SteveUK »

Glad my review helped chwi - it's a great disc isn't it!
chwi

Re: DVD on E-Bay

Post by chwi »

SteveUK wrote:Glad my review helped chwi - it's a great disc isn't it!
I really like it, but have hardly time to play. I couldn't even stick to my promise and compare the Red Hot clip versions so far :(
And on my table another CD pile is growing (without VM stuff) awaiting a listener's eye and the heat of a CD-burner...

So, if that is to be my last post this year, I wish you all a happy Xmas and a happy new year - but maybe I drop by again unexpectedly ;)
shineon

Post by shineon »

Coming from a bond fan here:

Bond only has 1 "offical" concert DVD which was released by Decca in the year 2001. The only other DVDs that you can get for Bond are on explosive: the best of album (It is a dual disk), the royal albert hall DVD (or RAH to bond fans) and on some import CDs you can get a bonus DVD. Sorry but I don't know about VM dvds. Just letting you guys know about bond dvds.

shineon
Bond fan since the year 2001

New Vanessa Mae Fan
lida

Re: Singapore DVD on ebay

Post by lida »

I m still waiting in canada .... i ve had it ordered as an import from Amazon for months and they always push the delivey back ... i m getting very annoyed with Amazon, ed hardy bekleidungthese guys sux when it come to imports.
jascka

Re:

Post by jascka »

Xanthippe wrote:Steve, I think that you are rigth: this DVD is not an official release.

I have some illegal video material too, but also the official EMI bonus vcd's.

All Vanessa-Mae videos on the disc are official video clips: this holds for Destiny, White Bird, Devil's Trill, Red Hot and Reflection. Art Of War is probably the bonus video from The Best Of album.

Let us know Steve when you have it, and what you think of it!
Hi!
Is that everybody? :P

Interesting. What a shame! There's no way I can download these videos. I really wonder if is possible to get those videos in High Quality (with better resolution at least).
Thank you in advance.
jascka

Post by jascka »

Is there any chance to download these videos (HQ) in the near future? Could you share them?
:P
jascka

Post by jascka »

Thank God I have said "in the near future"!... =))

Is there any chance to download these videos in HQ?

Please, don't be so shy! Just share your copy of these videos if you feel they have high quality. Image

THANKS!