3%
No votes
No votes
10+
70%

Total votes: 30

whygodwhy86
VMF Reg
Location: Kirkby-in-Ashfield, near Mansfield, near Nottingham.

Post by whygodwhy86 »

I'm just curious, how long do you think she can carry on before she, or her fans, get bored? Not that we will, I'm sure I'll be listening to Subject to Change in a wheelchair in the Old Folks home...

But still, no one can go on forever. Predictions please? Anyone?

Laura
xxxxx
Love ya lots and lots like jelly tots and vodka shots! :D
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I think our Vanessa-Mae will continue for at least 10 years the way she is doing at this moment.

After that she will probable slow down her career, but she will keep performing and recording quite regularly. Her own creativity in creating new music might get exhausted eventually, but she will continue to play in live concerts what she calls her heritage, namely classical music.

Music will always play an important role in the life of Vanessa-Mae: She simply can't do without!

Laura, this is a very interesting question. I hope a lot of our members will post their views.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

10+

Vanessa-mae's life revolves around music.
Music is her life..
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

(I was shocked when I voted and saw that someone already picked my guess)!

Okay, everyone gets to yell at me!

joe_mate --> :spank: <-- VMF

I picked five. The reason: I feel that VM will retire prior to her 30th birthday. She'll think that she's been doing this for half her life (well, going back to Violin Player at least). She'll think that it's time to settle down with Lionel (and YES, I STILL think they are secretly married) and have a family, perhaps teach her children violin and piano; or perhaps teach others.
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

I have to go along with Joe_Mate.
I think about 5 more years and then it is time for her to relax, kick back and enjoy a happy life with Lionel and maybe some kids.
Secretly married??? I hope not :D
Haboek :smokin:
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg

Post by whygodwhy86 »

joe_mate,

I was the other who said 5 years, for the same reason. No one can carry on forever, and great as Our Girl is, neither can she unfortunately! :gasmoke:

Keep voting everyone!

Laura
xxxxx
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

I had selected 6 years. But I doubt any longer. With Vanessa's looks, ease on camera and brains I have always considered her next move to be a TV personality of some sort. Talk show, variety show host. Something like that,.. I'm sure she would have no problem as she has the personality and talent to do this easily and surely there are producers in the UK who would love to give her a try. Aside from the scripting, lens side work is not too difficult and usually quite fun.
Glenn
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg

Post by whygodwhy86 »

nice idea Glenn, I hadn't thought of that! I could see her hosting stuff like Carol Vorderman has.

Keep posting!

Laura
xxxxx
jintan

Post by jintan »

Vanessa-mae will be around for a long while. She is to techno-fusion/classical what Tina Turner is to pop. I see her performing in 2047 when Hong Kong officially comes under total jurisdiction of China. With her stature, she would make a good British ambassador to either Thailand, Singapore, or even China.
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

I said about 6 years. I can see 1 or 2 more CD's from her...

I think shell always be involved with something musically related. I agree with Glenn on the films or maybe talk shows. I could see some political things in her future...maybe like Princess Diana.

but who knows?....
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg

Post by whygodwhy86 »

Kevin wrote:I could see some political things in her future...maybe like Princess Diana.

but who knows?....
Erm... I hope she doesn't end up like Princess Diana... :bbutbut:

That wouldn't be good. But still, nice ideas!

Laura
xxxxx
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

It is really funny to read the various expectations we have for Vanessa-Mae's career as violin soloist in the music business. It is also very interesting to read the ideas about career opportunities for her once she might have stopped as recording and performing musician.

We all know that our girl is so multi-talented that she can be successfull in whatever she chooses to do afterwards. She has so many career choices and she can and will make a success out of almost anything!

I think ,one way or another, that she will stick to what is closest to her heart and that is music. My idea is that eventually, after about 7-10 years from now, Vanessa-Mae will gradually slow down her musical career and start doing other things in the musical industry.

Maybe she will start teaching and guide young talents in building a career themselves. Probable she will write music for others and act as producer for their albums.

Other activities that Vanessa-Mae will excel in might be organising large concerts, festivals and other cultural events.

But I am quite sure that our Vanesssa-Mae will remain active from time to time as performing artist herself. I think she can't do without the thrill of playing on stage in front of a live audience of her own fans.

Eventually she will release albums at larger intervals and the number of her yearly stage appearances will diminish, but she will never stop completely.

And very likely, our Vanessa-Mae and Lionel might feel the desire to have children one day. Being a mother will certainly influence the intensity of Vanessa-Mae's activities.

Edited By Rijko Ebens on 1062055197
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

10+ for working albums and singles
and forever as a producer :laugh:

I need to see her works, hear her news till the end of my life :D
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

I think every fan would like her to continue till the "ultimate" end. But it doubt it will be so, as someone else said, her entire life revolve around music and the violin since she was 3. Sometimes pple in that kind of situation hit a wall at one point, either need to take a long break, or quit all together. (been there ... done that)

Anyways... I hope she ll continue eventought she pretty mutch already reached the top.

Atreides.
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Atreides wrote:I think every fan would like her to continue till the "ultimate" end. But it doubt it will be so, as someone else said, her entire life revolve around music and the violin since she was 3. Sometimes pple in that kind of situation hit a wall at one point, either need to take a long break, or quit all together. (been there ... done that)

Anyways... I hope she ll continue eventought she pretty mutch already reached the top.

Atreides.
I sure hope that 'wall' doesn't come any time soon...