Forum upgraded, new server!

VMF & FSVM announcements and server status
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

After a couple of hours offline, we've finally got the board back up on a new server. Thanks to Benji for providing us with this hosting service!

New website coming soon as well, although not sure when it will be ready. We may put the old site back up if we think it will take longer than a month so you guys can have access to our archive material etc.

Please bare with me, I will be getting the avatars and emoticons etc. back up in the next few days. It is getting rather late/early for me, so I'm calling it a day.

Post in the support forums if you're experiencing any problems. PM me if you're having problems with posting. Or email me haidee AT vanessamae DOT org if your PM doesn't work etc.

Ok, must get some sleep now. Enjoy.
:D
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Excellent looking Forum Aventine
great job you put some long hours in to get the forum
up and running for us, Thank-you!
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi aventine,

The new forum is looking great! Thanks
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

Hi aventine

Great Looking,
you make me excite while seeing it
nicely done

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

wow , turned my back 5 seconds and pouf ... the site get a facelift. Ahhhh women ....

BTW , i like the new skin ya put on the board. Cant wait to see what you will come up with for the rest of the site.

P.S. Under mozilla we get the <% GENERATOR%> tag as header in the forum ... maybe it has always been there , but i just noticed it.

Atre.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

coool aventine! very creative!
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hmmm, that's strange with the <% generator%> thing... will see if there are any fixes for it.

Glad you guys like it. :upside:
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Wow !!
I really like the new look.
Glad to see Benji jump in and help out.
I also appreciate the "Goodies" rule but I think 5 is maybe too low.
Glenn
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hey Glenn, glad you like it.

Yeah, I've had Arioch suggest to me to only allow members to see it. Since many of the downloads, especially the big video files, are hosted on your server, would you like to see downloads more restricted to our active members?

We actually went over our bandwidth limit on our old host last month for some reason. That was the main reason why I had to limit the access to VM Goodies section.

Edited By aventine on 1088393243
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Oh, and btw guys -

Notice now the forum is "the Vanessa-Mae Fans Forum" (instead of just the Vanessa-Mae Forum). I figured somebody started calling it that recently because I see some sites linked to us as that. Plus, there are a lot more VM forums than there were a couple of years ago when we started, so maybe the name change is appropriate.

I think the "VMF" abbreviation is still applicable. Vanessa-Mae Fans Forum - VMF Forum. :laugh:
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

You may remember I gave ppl with over 30 posts a link (by PM) to a certain files in the past as the content was something I didn't want too public. I was think when I saw 5 that maybe 12 was a better number. May forum sites have such restrictions but usuially access is a much higher number. I do appreciate the limit you put on as I am hosting many files and since this forum is public if keeps the casual visitor from access content and bandwidth.

As for "Fans Forum", it may be me who start that. When EMI wanted me & Maysan us to start a forum site for them (remember the questions, we all asked but never got answered & gifts that were to be gived but never were?) anyway I post news of this on main page of vanessamae.com and linked you site as "Fans Forum". When EMI ignore us nd open their own sad site I mention in posy with link to "Fans Forum" and i then see Rijko & Arioch take my queue and repeat this in other posts.

Edited By Glenn on 1088394803
Glenn
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

I agree, Glenn. I've just set the minimum to 12 posts for now. This might be raised in the future. Hopefuly, this will encourage more active discussions/participation from everyone and save on bandwidth.

Enthusiastic active members put a lot of work into finding, organising, processing, and uploading/hosting these videos. Although one of the main aims of this forum is for fans to share info, it's only fair that we reserve these extra downloads for the members who conbribute back to the community. :grouphug:
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

Well done on getting the forum back up and running so quckly, i guess i should try do the same with the rest of the site :)

as for the <% GENERATOR%> tag, its been there for as long as i can remember. ever since the old forum (the one we just replaced) has been up and running. it dosent do anything, hasnt effected me in any way, its somewhat become normal now (i havent used ie in months)

well enough from be, back to coding the new site
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Sorry, my bad.

Must have accidentally lost a space, it was suppose to be:

<% GENERATOR %>

Now it should be gone from Mozilla. Man, to think I had this error for about a year or so, hmmm. :blush:
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

The Rebirth of the Forum

High Stranger, :krank:
Glenn dear it's good to see you again :hug:
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk