Vanessa-Mae speaks: new album released this summer

New CD releases, TV appearances, articles, tourdates etc.
Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae speaks: new album released this summer

Post by Xanthippe »

VANESSA-MAE SPEAKS IN SWITZERLAND: MY NEW ALBUM WITH A LOT OF ELECTRIC SOUND WILL BE RELEASED THIS SUMMER!!

This according to the Swiss Blick Celebrity magazine that published a short article and interview with Vanessa-Mae. For the article in German language, see the following link:

Bilck magazine speaks to Vanessa-Mae

Blick magazine spook to Vanessa-Mae during her visit to Switzerland. I will try to get confirmation on the release date for Vanessa-Mae's new album as soon as possible. Keep an eye on this space for the latest developments!!

Vanessa-Mae was in Switzerland, accompanied by her friend Lionel Catalan, to participate in the annual 'Wild Girls On Snow,', a heavily sponsored skiing event to raise money for charity held in Klosters, Switzerland from March 18th to March 21st. This year, money was raised for the struggle against breast cancer, a beneficiary that comes close to Vanessa-Mae's heart since she has participated to raise money on various occasion before. The website of 'Wild Girls On Snow' presents many information of the event varying from basic facts, the official program, an extensive picture gallery and an overview of attention for the event in the media.

The first 3 photos from the left below are available at the galleries; the very nice photo on the far right is shown in Blick magazine. Vanessa-Mae is shown having fun in skiing outfit with a colleague participant, the after skiing events at two consecutive evenings, and during a diner. Noticeable is Vanessa-Mae's varied wardrobe and always perfectly and nicely made up visage. At these after ski events, Vanessa-Mae was dressed (from left to right) in free fitting sleeveless blouse in black and white striped design without back part but bowed at her back, a fine strapless top in black Chinese silk with her button belly exposed, and a very fine light purple silk blouse with subtle black flower design print.

Larger sized images can be found at the links provided above and in the Vanessa-Mae news section of my website.
hehuiyong

Post by hehuiyong »

thank you for the news. i hope i could see her best performance in her next album.....
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

great news,
itll be even better if this also means another tour
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
hehuiyong

Post by hehuiyong »

yes.
hope one day i could see her live concert.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I Can't wait :)
Our Noodles certainly loves her electric violin :)
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

LOL ... and yet Choreography is still not yet available in north america ...

The best part is they still trumpet it a being available early 2005 :oops: ... maybe someone should tell her staff to change the page on their calender, its 2006 now.

Maintenance on the official site is even more pathetic then it was under EMI. Who would have guessed?

I m pleased there is new material on the way. But jeez, they realy need to get their act together.

Atre.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Hang on.....
Didn't our Noodles say that her next release will be a US release?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Niccolò Paganini
VMF Reg

Post by Niccolò Paganini »

Atreides wrote:LOL ... and yet Choreography is still not yet available in north america ...
no wonder i couldnt find it anywhere..... are they ever going to release it in north america??
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

To my knowledge no news on a release has filtered form months.... I think the last time i heard anything on the matter was 1 year ago and it was supposed to coincide with a TV show in the US. But nothing ever came of it.

I had to get my copy trought amazon. It took them months to fill in my order and in the end a received a Thai copy of Choreography. Wish i could had read the inclosed publicity booklet ... but Thai aint my cup of thee ;o)

Atre.
karen

Post by karen »

i hope she makes a stop here in the Philippines!

-k

=)
Karen
jascka

Post by jascka »

Thanks, Rijko Ebens, for the news!

I visit this page once in a while (but I've been away for a while!), and... as you already know I love Vanessa Mae's music too! :D So... it will be a long wait for me this new record.

But, there's something I'm not sure about. "MY NEW ALBUM WITH A LOT OF ELECTRIC SOUND WILL BE RELEASED THIS SUMMER"

What does she mean exactly by "Electric sound"? :D
We come from 'Choreography', a very classical and traditional repertoire. A versatile classical album. Maybe she goes back to her roots, "Techno-acoustic fusion concept" (The Violin Player), or maybe not. Maybe she means the sound of 'Subject to change', that it's not my favorite one, but it's ok.

By the way, will she immortalize any concert of her Choreography promo in DVD soon :roll: ?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

jascka,

We are all excited with the prospects of Vanessa-Mae's new release but this may be a bit premature. I have not read any confirmation about the release of Vanessa-Mae's new album this summer. We only have this breif report in a Swiss newsaper. That is all we have!

I suppose we all love Vanessa-Mae and her msuic very much.

Stay tuned in this forum and my personal Vanessa-Mae website to keep informed!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I'm not bothered on what style or sound our Noodle's new album will be,
I am just very happy that our girl has plans for another release :) (a God send)

I think that the new album will be more like the Violin Player,
Funked up (Classical Cross-over)?

Cool! something to look forward to?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

Haven't been in this forum for sooooo long. Came by to read some news and stuff, I am very glad that still the forum exist.

And nice news about the new albums, hopefully it will come out this summer!
Gatis
foreverred

Post by foreverred »

Personally, Subject to Change is probably one of my favorite albums of Vanessa-Mae's. It felt very original and it felt like it came from her. If this is the sound she's talking about, whether she uses her acoustic or electric violin, I'll be looking forward to it.

-Omar