Vanessa-Mae donates her electric violin to an auction

New CD releases, TV appearances, articles, tourdates etc.
Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae donates her electric violin to an auction

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae donates her electric violin that she used for her 'Strom On World Tour' to an auction to raise money for International Breast Cancer Study Group (IBCSG, www.ibcsg.com) and the Breast Cancer Haven (http://www.breastcancerhaven.org.uk).

Vanessa-Mae donates the electric violin that she used for recording and for her 'Storm On World Tour' concerts to an auction in order to raise money for the International Breast Cancer Study Group and the Brest Cancer Haven charities. Vanessa-Mae regularly takes part in charity work to help financing charity organisations active in the struggle against cancer in general and breast cancer in particular. Vanessa-Mae lost family members struggling cancer herself. Obviously, this charity goal is close to her heart. The photo below shows Vanessa-Mae handing over the Zeta jazz electric violin having her personal signature.

See also the Croydon Guardian

For more details on the auction see the auction site at:

Auction site including Vanessa-Mae's electric violin

Bidding is already possible online!

The full scale photo is on my website in the Vanessa-Mae news section!
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

ohhhhh... nice ....

The format of the internet side of the auction just suck tought, not knowing where the highest bid is, and there is no info on how they work for internationnal bid, convertion rate they use, shipping/payment if an internationnal bid actually win.

If this was an ebay style auction id sure fight for it.

I'm guessing its gonna go for 5000 to 6000 USD... well ... thats pretty much how far i'd probably go anyways ...

Any intention to try to acquire this gem Rijko?

Atre.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

I noticed the chinrest isnt included. :?:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Atre,

I really would love to have Vanessa-Mae's violin but this auction is probable far beyond my reach.

Eva, I assume the item is only the body of the violin with strings, no supporting equipment and not the chinrest.
Barkybook

Post by Barkybook »

This is a very nice thing Vanessa is doing, hope the top bid exceeds £60,000 for this worthy cause.

What would be nice, would be for fans buy it and give it back, example £10 for 6000 fans. Well perhaps I'll just give to my local area Breast Cancer Research Center as motivated by Vanessa.

Barky