June 16: Vanessa-Mae visits the Audi R10 TDI team in France

New CD releases, TV appearances, articles, tourdates etc.
Xanthippe

June 16: Vanessa-Mae visits the Audi R10 TDI team in France

Post by Xanthippe »

June 16 2006, Vanessa-Mae visits the newly formed Audi R10 TDI team that will make their debut compete in the annual 24 hours of Le Man this weekend.

Vanessa-Mae, invited by Audi as distinguished Audi owner and user, visits the Audi R10 TDI team during in France at the Le Mans site where the team makes their final preparations for the annual 24 hours race held this weekend. See the text below of an official Audi statement:

'News from the Audi Le Mans team'

'The début of the new Audi R10 TDI attracts prominent visitors to France: violinist Vanessa Mae, Nick Mason, drummer of the Pink Floyd rock band, and actors Ralf Bauer and Benjamin Sadler are guests of Audi’s at Le Mans. Prof Dr Ferdinand Piëch, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Volkswagen AG, made a surprise visit to the Audi Sport Team Joest pit garages on Thursday. Tom Kristensen and Marco Werner received further accolades for their 2005 victory: tyre manufacturer Michelin supplied futuristic "Segway” human transporters to the Audi drivers which they now use to ride through the Le Mans paddock.Vanina Ickx, Audi "factory” driver in the DTM, has been contracted by French TV Channel Canal+ as a co-commentator for their Le Mans "live” coverage. Jacky Ickx, six-times Le Mans winner, was given an explanation of the Audi R10 TDI cockpit by Tom Kristensen. Last year, the Audi "works” driver won the 24 Hour race for the seventh time making him the new "King of Le Mans.'

Photos of Vanessa-Mae visiting the Audi Le Mans team are not yet available!
jenleex

Le Mans 24

Post by jenleex »

now it just so happens that i was at Le Mans 24 hour race back in 2003 she was not there and i told her about the great race that year , i am pleased she has at last got there although did not stay or return to see the race.
oh well i expect we will be meeting again very soon, now that meeting will interest you, i will post you, on that.