House of Flying Daggers

Talk about movies, old and new. What's good and what's not.
aventine
Site Admin

House of Flying Daggers

Post by aventine »

Ok, saw this one awhile back.

It was a pretty good film. Beautiful. But I don't think it's quite as good as Hero.

I think it could be because that there were too many twists to it. It was almost twist for twists sake, and after awhile, you almost know when to expect another twist (because they just keep coming after a few scenes... even at the end of the movie, you think, ok should I be expecting another twist?). I guess that is what drove the whole plot though.

I did enjoy the fight scenes, they were done beautifully like Hero.

I kind of cringed at what they did to the horses... but apparently none were hurt during filming and it was all to do with the camera angles... :?
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I haven't seen it yet as i wanted to see Hero first, I ordered the DVD
of Hero but it was damaged so i am now awaiting a replacement:(
I loved Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon that was beautifully filmed
and i am so much looking forward to watching Hero.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Since it's an international film, perhaps not everyone has heard of it... Check out IMDB... though you should stay away from their message boards if you haven't seen it. I think it should still be showing in theatres worldwide.

It's directed by Zhang Yimou (who also directed Hero). If you haven't seen Hero yet, maybe you should see this one first, cos I think Hero is actually a better film, so save the best for last :)