Live at the classical brits 2004 - Vanessa-mae, sabre dance review

Post reviews on concerts, albums, and anything else.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

My God what can i say...

The Show opens with our Girl standing silhouetted on a rock back lit
by a full moon.
The sound of the violin comes in followed by the Orchestra. it builds up
getting louder and louder the lights come up and there she is, our dearest
our Noodles Vanessa-Mae.
She is playing Sabre Dance, to all of you that doesn't know what
Sabre Dance sounds like.. It is the music that they play in the circus.

Back to the performance...
Our girl is dressed in Gold, the same Dress in the photo's provided by
Rijko. She is playing her Crystal violin. Vanessa is surrounded by male
and female dancers in black and red costumes resembling Arabian nights.

Our girl looks stunning her make-up (Visage) and attire is amazing,
her posture and composure is perfect.
Our girl is in heaven the expression upon her face says it all.

Our girl is back, and i think that i can agree with Classic FM Magazine..
Vanessa-Mae and Sony are pulling out all the Stops with this.
Vanessa-Mae looks and sounds better than ever.

Absolutely amazing!
My heart was racing, it was heaven well worth the long wait!

Bring on the Album and the Tour... I want More, More, More Encore!!

Edited By Arioch on 1085956135
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

boy oh boy, I can't wait to have the tape and see it all for myself. Thanks Arioch for your impressions!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

The recording of the Classical Brit Awards
was successful,
I will get the video in the post to
Rijko to enable him to digitise it for all the
Members of VMF.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I've seen the video thanks to Nick, but I will await the tape from Arioch and do conversion to digital format then myself too.

I am so impressed by this performance of Vanesa-Mae!!

Initially the title 'Sabre Dance' didn't ring a bell to me, but now after hearing the music I can say that I am of course familiar with this nice piece of music by the Russian composer Khachaturian. The arrangements that Tolga Kashif made are very good and are suitable to make a spectacular and excellent performance by our Vanessa-Mae possible. This piece will certainly put her back into the spotlights and it is so promising for the rest of the album.

Vanessa-Mae certainly played live for real. Take a look in the vid at around 3 min 20 secs. Vanessa-Mae is seen from backwards and electric device clipped to her back is clearly visible. Moreover, visible art certain points in the vid is also a twisted wire from her violin towards the device on her back, as well as a something attached on her violin.

Now Vanessa-Mae herself at the CBA's. She looked gorgeous in a wonderful dress; I am deeply impressed by her presentation. I also like her hair style and wonderful make-up: the full red lips in her wonderfully smooth complexioned visage and beautiful eye make-up are stunning!
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Impressive prestation indeed... I cant wait to get my hands on a higher res capture... NK8 capture was pretty good, but the image quality was a bit low, i guess its the ethernal trade off between bitrate and file size.

On another note ... Am I seing things or is her bow longer then normal ? From certain camera angles her bow looked like a it was a good 3 or 4 inches longer then normal. Or maybe its just that she is so small everything look bigger in her hands.
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

A solid peace of music around her choreografic maelights
with wonderfull shifting lunatic stageworks. It posesses the parts to raize the charts faster than a racecar in Monaco, higher than the fireworks on Malta. I found a nice backstagefoto for the indish parts:
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hi guys! Just posting this review after a discussion with Arioch, who suggested that I enter my ramblings into the public domain.....

Well, I was looking forward to seeing vanessa on the TV as much as the rest of us, and I was in no way disappointed! I thought that she looked and performed just great! I read somewhere on the forum that our VM had gone "the Bond route" with her new material but if indeed she has then that should be in no way a criticism (not that I agree that she has turned "Bond"). I hope that Sony promote her in the right way which by the clues we have so far it seems they will, and in my opinion we have an album set to better most of her output to date. Storm is by far the best of her works so far in my opinion but this could be the album to at the very least equal those heights, and will certainly be an improvement on "Subject to Change" which although a great CD was not as consistently outstanding as Storm, which is of her classical/Pop crossover stuff (as I have already said), my personal fave. In short, she has a very bright 2004/2005 ahead and hopefully a huge selling album and tour. Now what we really need is for some nice TV crew to film one of those shows and make a nice DVD for us all..... On the subject of DVD, have you ever seen any copies of Storm on World Tour on ebay? I have a VCD that I obtained from Rijko but would love to get a copy that is something near broadcast standard. Why do the record companies or indeed the bootleggers never seem to see the market for these products like we do?

One point - shame that Vanessa did not play live in it's truest sense the other night... must be a TV thing I suppose?