Alternative style community

Anything goes...
Atreides
Veteran

Alternative style community

Post by Atreides »

The recent activity in the board related to other artist have given me yet another idea ...

Ahhhh... i can already see most of you roll you eyes and think :
*not another 'dumb ass' / 'out of proportion' idea from Atreides*

But bare with me for a moment...

The basic idea is a site/community dedicated to cross-over music where artist like VM, Apocaliptica, Diana Yukawa , Bond, etc ... are showcased, promoted and discussed. In short, a focal point for a music genre where you can discover artist you would normally not have access to, or where you can search for artists based on an instrument ...

Its still an embrio of an idea and it already seems like a huge undertaking so it will probably never see the light of day. With some luck it might already exist ...

Anyways ... any comments ?

Atre.

P.S. dont worry i m getting a brain transpant in a few weeks ... maybe i ll have realistic ideas after that ...
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Well, we have off-topic boards in this forum where we can discuss other artists and non Vanessa-Mae related subjects.

Anyone is free start a new community as Atreides suggests. Maybe it is a good idea to do so and just see what comes out of it.

Bare in mind, however, that many boards for specific artists and bands exist already and it will therefore be difficult to attract those fans.

For me personally, I do not feel any specific need to discuss other musicians and bands more than in off-topic settings here: but that is just me. Maybe other VMF-members will join just a new community.

So, tell us your opinion on this!!!
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Let me clarify my toughts ...

The idea is not to create a super fansite... it would be totally unmanagable ... but more of an information hub where various communities related to a music style can share information relative to their prefered artists.

For example I like Apocalyptica aloth but not enauph for me to get involved in the fan community. But i am very interested about knowing when they release new material, their next tv apearence... If i m into that music style there might be 5 or 10 different artist on which i would like to get up to date information on without having to be actively involved in their community.

In that respect a 'directory' or 'hub' would be perfect. I get important and relevent information supplied by the dedicated fan communities in 1 place instead of having to get involved in dozens of communities. I get links to those communites if my interest in them grows and i want to become an active member in those communities. Not to mention the added bonus of discovering new artists that might have no presence in my corner of the world...

I hope this clarifies my idea....

The scope if it is somewhat ... huge ....

Atre.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

OK, but it sounds unmanagable indeed.