Violin players techniques - Public domain sheet music

Anything goes...
nhammer

Post by nhammer »

I recently found a great site where you can download many public domain music scores. I am using some of the resources here to improve my skills. There are also midi files so you can hear the tune as well.

Mutiopia Project

I remember playing Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #3 in school many years ago. It was fun to download it and work at it again.
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

This is a link i posted a while back ... it contain public domain scores and re-write of many interesting songs along with several exercises.

The site is aimed at teaching violin playing ... Enjoy ...

violinonline

Atre
nhammer

Post by nhammer »

Thank you! This looks very helpful! I am looking at the excercises area right now and looking forward to trying some out.
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Hello All, I have been away for a month and have so much to catch-up on in reading on this forum.

Remember the single string violin Vanessa played in her movie?
I have an item which may interest a few here:
http://vm.on-d.net/FNS_2003.12.12.mpg 70MB (sorry)

The above link is a file of a portion of a program that was on Japan TV a few weeks ago. I intended to post it then but life and obligations got in the way. It has some performer playing the Single String Violin and other traditional stringed instruments. I let the clip run a bit long so you could also see a few commercials. link for Joe
Glenn
ZenGk

Post by ZenGk »

That was fantastic Glenn. What a great all around performance with the Single String Violins, Koto, Shakuhachi and other instruments. I enjoyed it very much!

Being a Jpop fan it was nice to see a short piece of Namie Amuro performing at the end too. :p
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

thanks from Joe!
nhammer

Post by nhammer »

Glenn,

That link doesn't work...did I not get to it soon enough? Do you still have other video files available to members with > 30 posts?