SHINE - Bond's New Album

Anything goes...
kernkraft

Post by kernkraft »

Hey y'all. has anyone picked up Bond's new album yet? I'm very excited at being able to be treated by another album by Bond. These girls do have really good and upbeat songs. I've noticed their new album follows the first album in the same vein in that most of the songs are arrangements of other works such as Allegretto (on Karl Jenkin's Palladio), Fuego (on Albeniz's Asturiaz), Big Love Adagio (Albinoni's Adagio), Libertango (Astor Piazzola), and Strange Paradise (Borodin's Polotvesian Dances).

Anyway, what are your opinions on it? I've heard some of the clips and to be honest, it doesn't sound quite as strong as 'Born' - it seems to be more flat and repetitive with just an ongoing beat but that may be just be the clips, there is little tempo change - though I suppose they're aiming at achieving a 'dance album' with this but there also seems to be less filler tracks and more quality.

I really want a copy but I don't think it will be released in Australia for a while so I might have to import it which may take awhile.

You can listen to samples here,

http://www.bond-music.com/musicshineindex.html
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Their first album did not appeal to me in any way. If this second album is more of the same, then I won't bother even listen to it at all.

I am so happy that Vanessa-Mae succeeded in making and releasing albums that differ completely from each other. All her albums have their own sound and character.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

OK, not my favorite topic, but ...

First of all, I am not a Led Zeppelin fan, but these girls are going to be heavily criticized on their destruction of Kashmir. I am glad that they didn't do the same insulting during Bond on Bond.

As for the rest of the clips, Shine seems to have potential. Strange Paradise would have, but the background beat really hurt the song.

Hey, it's October 15th! Supposedly Shine is available in the USA (I'm not going to check though)! Too bad Subject to Change still isn't. ???

My last comment is straight to the point. It's really considerate that each of the girls do not to outplay the other three. It also makes their music a bland mush. Rock bands have a lead guitar for a reason. In order for Bond to start to "shine"; Haylie Ecker must be put in the dominating role.
changing worlds
Site Admin

OK, I was wrong, I checked. I drove by a store called Best Buy during lunch.

I didn't see it on the shelf, but it was featured in their circular :angry: . $8.99 US (real cheap for here). Even in the store, Born was easy to locate in the Rock/Pop section (VM was not, she's sometimes in the Classical sections).
AdamM

Post by AdamM »

I preordered it on Amazon.com on Saturday, and got an email today saying it was shipped, I am excited. Shine sounds really awesome, I am a little disapointed with a few of the songs, the background music (techno beat) is much to overpowering. Duel and Korobushko are still my favorites tho :)
*_-_-Adam-_-_*
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

OK, reading all the post her made me decide to listen to the audio files of the new Bond cd.

My conclusion is very simple: I should have sticked to my initial thought that I would not bother to listen.

What is wrong with this cd? It equals the Bond debut cd too much. There is not any surprising effect and there is no excitement at all in the music. The tracks are in general too bomnbastic and sound artificial: any presence of technical skills of tyhe musicians vanishes in this.

If I should pick out two songs that somehow distinguish a little from my objections, then these two would be 'Big Life Adagio' and 'Kashmir.' But this is way too little to make it all an interesting album
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

I think we are starting this discussion all over again.
Maybe we should make one thing clear here.
We are all Vanessa Mae fans and some of us (see topic favorite music) are Bond fans.
I for one do not care about Bond nor their music.
I am only afraid that this will end up like the last time this discussion was started.
Tempers flared and some post got very personel.
Lets respect each others love for music and stick to the real core of this forum namely Vanessa Mae. :;):
Haboek :smokin:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Obviously, a lot of fans of Vanessa-Mae are also fans of Bond. Of course there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone should listen to the music that pleases him or her.

I agree with AdamM that the techno beats ate overpowering the music.

Joe is also right. There is no leader, no lead musician, in the band. That might sound considerate, but it takes all excitement out of the music.

Bond simply does not appeal to me. I don't hear anything of which I could say: hey that is nice, let me listen again.

It is so different with Vanessa-Mae. After the Violin Player, she dared to release a straightforward classical album. Next came Storm, which doesn't resemble the Violin Player in any way. And that story goes on!!

All Vanessa-Mae's albums differ completely from eachother. And yet, you can hear that it is the same violin player acting on all those albums. That is unique
kernkraft

Post by kernkraft »

Ah the purpose of my post was to have your opinions on the new album - not to have a Vanessa-Mae vs. Bond debate (that's why I posted this in the off-topic part of the board). Well as you may guess, I really do like Bond's music. It is similar to Vanessa-Mae but I feel that both offer different things that make both of them thoroughly enjoyable and great to listen to (apart from being hot and beautiful) - even though both also have their downsides.

I went to my local HMV and it's released in Australia on the 21st of October so I'm definitely buying it now. =)
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Kernkraft,

Enjoy your music.
I for one do not want to start an endless debat on Vanessa Mae vs Bond.
As stated before everybody loves different kinds of music, but we all love Vanessa Mae. :)
Haboek :smokin:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

OK Kernkraft, no more Vanessa-Mae in this topic.

Enjoy Bond. As I said, I am not interested in Bond.
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

(i can't delete this post?)
changing worlds
Site Admin

Kevin wrote:(i can't delete this post?)
It doesn't seem that we can delete our posts. At least I can't see a way to do it.

???