Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Now that's bizarre. :O
Glenn
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

excuse me for the two same replys....i think i did something wrong with my computer.... :D
just try to discover the beauty of music !
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

Well for now I have an acoustic violin, is not good but jajaja I like to play with my first love. My dad told me when I reach a good playin', he is gonna buy me one of this (I trust in his word)

Is just $1500 in Zeta Attic, a gang!!
Jafit González L. MD
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

hey ! you're very lucky ! the zeta violin is great but expensive, too.
i know somebody who has got it in black and he told me that you have to buy many plus-stuff for that violin.
but playing it is super ( i tryed it last year :) )
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

there isn't much additional stuff you have to buy.

only an amp
and if you want to do midi, the synthony II

i love playing zetas. :D
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

but if you want the perfect sound you have to buy it. maybe it's the same with every other e-violin ... ???
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

This version is not so expensive (Is a Zetta Attic One), is half of price, now I'm saving my money too much if I need some additional piece, but I saw the model and for 300 bucks plus you can get it with an amplifier . . .

The only thing I'm thikin' is how much is going to be a wireless connection, and how much will be a Plug-In to make it sound like Storm live Violin . . . .

Hope I play better for next year, "I still blowing up my family ears when I play it" . . .

I will focus to Storm, I'll try to improve my ability to play it. . .

Bye
Jafit González L. MD
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Phenix...there is no such thing as a perfect electric sound, every electric has a unique sound, it all depends on the actual electronics in the violin, and the pickup systems.

Wireless systems...

decent UHF and even VHF wireless systems are not that expensive, starting at about $119.99.

If you can't play storm, your focus shouldn't be on storm, it should be on the techniques that are used to play storm, and once you have the technique behind it, then learn the notes, but if its too far above your level, you're doing yourself an injustice.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I don't play an instrument, but I agree with Kevin.

You should always set realistic targets fot yourself, otherwise you will only get demotivated by the failure to meet your goals. Gradually improvement and perseverence is the best advice.
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

But guys... don't you reckon you'd rather go for a decent acoustic if you can't afford a good electric? Since I'm not raking in the dough at the moment I'd rather invest in a good pickup than a not so fine electric violin for $200 or something. Some of the electric ones out there are quite scary actually.
muzikalbeats

Post by muzikalbeats »

Hi,

I feel so different, I have an acoustic viola!!!!

A decent viola is better then a cheap electric (or thats what I keep telling myself!!!)

:O Rachel
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Woohoo, I love violas! The thing is, I dread reading in alto clefs... it's like working in radians instead of degrees for me - I guess that's my excuse for never having a go properly, lol.
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

I too vote acoustic with pick-up (if you want to amp it).
Last Sept-Nov we had discussion on this point.
I listed some inexpensive options for 'electrifying' your acoustic with a link or two to some reasonable items that will do this well.

If practice with making little noise is VERY important to you, or more specifically your house mates and neighbours then an electric is a good option, just you need additional gear to use it as a normal violin, even if playing with headphones.
Glenn
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

I m playing with a FV-3 Deluxe Sunburst electric violin. I m very satisfied with it, it has a rather nice sound, its easy to play and is forgive mistakes :) (not that i ever make any!!)

The main reason for me to go electric was to keep my neighbours happy, I like playing at odd hours :)

Its a very good trade off between a pure electric violin and a classic violin. The fenders are not silent violins, even if not plugged in they have a nice voice of their own so you can play without an amp or headphone. I d say they make probably 70% to 80% less sound then a classic violin when not plugged in. Its the best of both worlds :)

Atre.
Twyla

Post by Twyla »

yeah its quite nice only prob is that it doesnt have the right side of the body which is pretty usefull getting into high registers