yundi li - the new piano-talent

Anything goes...
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

at first i'll give a weblink to a page about his first cdyundi li: chopin recital

for the first time i heard something about him, as i read an article in a magazine.
it was about his carreer and the first cd (yundi li: chopin recital, by deutsche grammophon). that was very interesting and so i decided to take a look at this one. so i payed 18,99 €
for it (!!!). inside of the booklet they say something about his next cd, with tracks by liszt. but there aren't any information about it on the internet.
do you know more about him or the new cd ?
just try to discover the beauty of music !
Niccolò Paganini
VMF Reg

Post by Niccolò Paganini »

hmm... interesting... I download some of his songs, he's pretty good. I recently saw an article on him in the Chinese news paper.
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

wow, what did they say about him ?
i'm really looking forward to your reply ! :)
Niccolò Paganini
VMF Reg

Post by Niccolò Paganini »

Oops I threw out the article, this is what I can remember: Yundi Li (BTW Yundi Li isn’t his real name) and another Chinese guy (used to play the piano) who is famous for writing Chinese stories, met up with each other. They talked about the style and feeling while playing the piano. Yundi Li believes that the feeling/atmosphere of music can’t be taught but can be learned through age and time. When he was younger all he worked on was technique but now since he is older he’s working on the atmosphere/spirit of the music. He is in Germany right now and in December he went to Hong Kong, Taiwan, where he lived, Beijing, and Shanghai, next year January he will be back in Germany again. He’s currently working on a piece by Rachmaninov.
Time line:
Born in 1982
1989: started piano at 7
1996: Got third place in some Hong Kong competition
1998: Got third place in a United States competition
1999: Got first place in another United States competition
1999: Got third place in a Liszt competition
2000: Got first place for the Chopin competition
2001: Released his Chopin cd
2002: Released his Liszt cd

I might be wrong with the years, I’m not sure what the competitions where. Well that’s all I remember.
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

i'm searching for his second for a while but till now i din't found anything. even my favourite cd-shop can't order it.
i've written to a german classical-music magazine and the send me an article and two big photos.
if there will be any news on the internet about him I'll try to
give them here out.
thanks for your help ! :)
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

now, i was surfing in the internet and found that link to his promotion-website for the new liszt cd.
liszt - yundi li

maybe your computer needs a bit of time to load it (i had the same problem), but if he has it, he'll be able to open it faster
every other time you visit the site.

btw, i don't like the photos very much because he looked better on the chopin-lp
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hey, I have one of his cds. Got it in Hong Kong about 2 years ago... he had just won some chopin concerto competition or something. Anyway he was "in" during that period and everyone was all like "get his cd" so I did and it's awesome. Anyone got any info on his next cd yet? :D
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

his next cd is liszt.
in know it'll be released in germany on 6th may.
i guess the link to his cd-website is still working, just try it ! :)
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

My favorite piece from him is his version of Paganini's Campanella ...

you can check out the video there:
http://www.deutschegrammophon.com/speci ... dili-liszt

It should be noted that Vanessa-Mae also played a violin version on her Classical Collection Part 1. Altho both version are very interesting i somehow prefer the violin version :)

Atre.